Windows 10: Gaming Services download taking way too long

Discus and support Gaming Services download taking way too long in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; After having an issue installing games through the Xbox Beta App, I decided to run through a handful of troubleshooting steps short of reimaging my... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Phaaze148, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Phaaze148 Win User

Gaming Services download taking way too long

After having an issue installing games through the Xbox Beta App, I decided to run through a handful of troubleshooting steps short of reimaging my machine. The steps I took are as follows:

- Reset/Reregister the Windows Store

- Run the Windows Store Troubleshooter

- Remove the hidden download speed cap

- Install every pending update to my installation of Windows 10

- Restart my router

- Clear the Windows Store cache

- Stop the update service and delete the software distribution folder and then reboot my machine

- Disable any antivirus

The last two steps I took were to uninstall and reinstall the Gaming Services from the Windows Store, but trying to reinstall them is simply not working. The download it only about 4MB total, and my download speeds are well beyond that. This is probably the eighth time I've tried to download this again and currently it's stuck on pending. If it does decide to download, it downloads at a whopping 7KB/s which honestly it feels slower than that.

I've exhausted all my options and I refuse to reimage my entire machine when other downloads happen at normal rates. Is there anything else I can do?

:)

Phaaze148, Sep 8, 2019

2. Why does a game take too long to download?

Why does a game take too long to download....the file size is 1.1mb and the last time I checked my internet speed was showing a download speed of 38.46 mbps

Please advice

game: modern combat 5: blackout

debopriyosanyal, Sep 8, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Downloading Game / Possibly Stuck

Have you tried the suggested steps?

It's possible that the game Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare really takes more time because it's way way bigger than 3gb game. Anyway, you can stop other programs and leave the download, that's what I did.

CourageDog, Sep 8, 2019
  4. W1zzard Win User

Games that take long to patch (for SSD testing)

I'm looking for games that take a long time to patch with lots of HDD activity.

First candidate I have is WOW but that's kinda tough with a minimal install size of 16 GB.

Any other suggestions?

W1zzard, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Gaming Services download taking way too long - Similar Threads - Gaming Services download

2. Updates taking too long to download and install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates taking too long to download and install: Split from this thread. Hello and thanks for all the good tips to fix windows 10.I want to figure out every second Tuesdays updates there are several different kinds of KB updates and my old windows 10 laptop it takes it like 2 hours to get all the KB file downloads then...
  3. Updates taking too long to download and install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updates taking too long to download and install: Split from this thread. Hello and thanks for all the good tips to fix windows 10.I want to figure out every second Tuesdays updates there are several different kinds of KB updates and my old windows 10 laptop it takes it like 2 hours to get all the KB file downloads then...
  4. Updates taking too long to download and install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. downloads taking way too long to complete.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    downloads taking way too long to complete.: Hi my name is AayanI have been using microsoft store for a long time and came up with this bug.whenever i try to update an app, it takes too long and gets stuck on pending. At one point, microsoft store stopped completely and whenever i tried to open it, it does not open up....
  6. downloads taking way too long to complete.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    downloads taking way too long to complete.: Hi my name is AayanI have been using microsoft store for a long time and came up with this bug.whenever i try to update an app, it takes too long and gets stuck on pending. At one point, microsoft store stopped completely and whenever i tried to open it, it does not open up....
  7. Windows Update Taking WAY Too Long

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Taking WAY Too Long: I started the process of updating and restrarting my PC at around 10:23PM. It is currently 12:10AM and my PC is stuck on the "working on updates, dont turn off your pc. This will take a while" screen at only 26%! I cant stay awake all night waiting for this stupid thing to...
  8. Windows installation takes way too long

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows installation takes way too long: I wanted a clean windows installation again. It’s been 2 hours already and I am only at 14%! How is this possible something must be broken? I cant wait all night (I need my pc tomorrow for work) Should I shut down and restart my pc? submitted by /u/Azertity [link]...
  9. Download folder takes too long to load

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download folder takes too long to load: Hi, I am using widows 10. The browser I am using is Brave. I really do not why it takes too long for the download folder to load. By download folder I mean the folder in which the files downloaded from the internet are stored. I have also noticed that when I download some...
  10. bitdefender taking too long to Download.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    bitdefender taking too long to Download.: so i bought Bitdefender antivirus Plus, and when i selected my product name i clicked "install" button. "Downloading package" is taking to long to download and after a moment it will fail to download. so i have to do it again and again. *still haven't install bitdefender....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gaming services taking way too long

2. gaming services windows 10 pending