Windows 10: Gaming Services not running

Discus and support Gaming Services not running in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I can't run games from Game Pass, trying to launch the game from the search bar will take me to the Microsoft Store for Gaming Services which is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Archive_06, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Gaming Services not running

I can't run games from Game Pass, trying to launch the game from the search bar will take me to the Microsoft Store for Gaming Services which is already installed.

https://gyazo.com/5a5489ab07529a4b1d786aa97280c700

Trying to install it again will pend the download, then it will disappear eventually.

Going into Task Manager -> Services, Game Services isn't running, trying to run it gives me this error.

Windows is up to date, drivers are up to date. This is only a problem with Microsoft games, I can run games off Steam without a problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/Archive_06
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Archive_06, Nov 16, 2019

2. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

Explore Windows 10 OS, Computers, Apps, & More | Microsoft

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Nov 16, 2019
  3. Unable to run a game on Windows 10.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

- When you say 'ive tried troubleshooting', what are you referring to?

- Did you check in compatibility mode?

I suggest to run the game in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the ‘Setup’ icon for the game and click on properties.

• Under Compatibility tab, check the option for ‘Run in Compatibility mode’.

• Select Windows 8.1 from the drop down list.

• Click on Apply and then OK.

Please revert with all the necessary information and we will be happy to help you.

Guru Kiran G, Nov 16, 2019
  4. Gaming Services not running

Problems with running games

Hi Declan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try installing games in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the setup file and click on ‘Properties’.

• Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once
      this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

Gaming Services not running

1. Gaming Services not running - Similar Threads - Gaming Services running

2. Gaming services will not install/run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming services will not install/run: I am completely unable to use or launch gaming services. Whenever i try to download minecraft launcher im met with the error shown below. I've ran the powershell commands, restarted my computer and reset the microsoft store but nothing has worked. This error even keeps me...
  3. Gaming services will not install/run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gaming services will not install/run: I am completely unable to use or launch gaming services. Whenever i try to download minecraft launcher im met with the error shown below. I've ran the powershell commands, restarted my computer and reset the microsoft store but nothing has worked. This error even keeps me...
  4. Gaming Services NOT Running Windows 11 ARMx64

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming Services NOT Running Windows 11 ARMx64: Hello everyone,I want to make this post and ask the community about my issue since I've been struggling with it for the past two days with no current idea toward a resolution. Hopefully it'll even help someone else if they're wondering the same thing. Basically, as you can...
  5. Gaming Services NOT Running Windows 11 ARMx64

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gaming Services NOT Running Windows 11 ARMx64: Hello everyone,I want to make this post and ask the community about my issue since I've been struggling with it for the past two days with no current idea toward a resolution. Hopefully it'll even help someone else if they're wondering the same thing. Basically, as you can...
  6. Gaming Services

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Gaming Services: I recently bought the xbox gamepass for my pc but no games were installing. they would be stuck on preparing then just stop, i have looked through many a forum and video about this subject and the xbox app. i have tried Powershell installing and reinstalling, repairing in...
  7. Gaming Services

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Gaming Services: I am having an issue when trying to play gears of war 5. when i open the game it takes me to gaming services and i already have it installed but it still won't let me play the game. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the gaming services app and it still isn't working....
  8. Gaming services

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Gaming services: I've been trying to play some xbox game pass games and haven't be able to due to gaming services not installing. I've tried the power shell -Admin approach and didn't work all it did was download and the fail to install or Error. and the code is Code: 0x80073D26...
  9. Gaming Services WILL NOT RUN

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Gaming Services WILL NOT RUN: Ive tried all the powershell commands to remove it, reinstall it, repair it exc. Nothing has worked. Every time try to manually run it from service window it says its not installed, but Microsoft store says its installed and its listed in services. I doubt anyone has a fix...
  10. problem with recording games when xbgm service is not running

in Windows 10 Customization
    problem with recording games when xbgm service is not running: When I am trying to record games that I’m playing using Steam the video signal is not recorded, I receive files with only audio. I found out that the issue occurs when xbgm service is not running. I think this issue started after the last update. Help please....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant install microsoft gaming services