Windows 10: Gaming services will not update in Microsoft store.

Discus and support Gaming services will not update in Microsoft store. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Gaming services will not update in the Microsoft store. It has been like this for months. It causes an issue with the Xbox app on my laptop. I try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Freya8, Jan 27, 2022.

1. Freya8 Win User

Gaming services will not update in Microsoft store.

Gaming services will not update in the Microsoft store. It has been like this for months. It causes an issue with the Xbox app on my laptop. I try updating it on the Microsoft store and through the Xbox app. But neither works. The Xbox app says it needs gaming services to play some games.

:)

Freya8, Jan 27, 2022

2. Using games from the microsoft store

Based on the results you've obtained, this can be an issue with the Windows Store which affects the digital games you’ve downloaded from it. We suggest manually resetting the Windows Store cache. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
    • Type WSReset.exe and click OK.
    • The Store and a command prompt will now open with any message. The command prompt will automatically close after the Store's cache has been reset.
    Once done with the reset, kindly click this
    link
    and follow the steps on how to check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Search if there are any updates available for the affected game.

Keep us updated with the progress.

Catherine Cus., Jan 27, 2022
  3. Microsoft Sudoku Daily Challenge game crashes during the game.

Hi LJamesBlythe,

Having a corrupted game file is one of the potential reasons why Microsoft Sudoku crashes when playing. To help you resolve this concern, I need to gather more details. Kindly answer the questions below:

• When did the issue start?
    • Are you experiencing this concern with all of your games?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?

In the meantime, I suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Kindly click the link below to proceed:

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Step 3: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Select This PC.
    5. Click Temporary files.
    6. Choose Temporary files.
    7. Click Remove files.

Step 4: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Apps and features.
    4. Find the game and click Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Jan 27, 2022
  4. Gaming services will not update in Microsoft store.

Microsoft Store Games

Hi Nhan,

For us to make sure that the failed download will be remove from your device, please follow the steps below:

Step 1: Uninstall the game on your device.

Click this link for the steps.

Step 2: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps.

Check this link for the app troubleshooter.

Step 3: Reset the Windows Store to clear the Store cache.

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.   
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).   
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.   

Step 4: Reinstall the game again.

To make sure that all changes made will take effect. Here's the link on how.

We hope that this information was helpful. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Acelyn Alc, Jan 27, 2022
Thema:

Gaming services will not update in Microsoft store.

1. Gaming services will not update in Microsoft store. - Similar Threads - Gaming services update

2. Can't update Gaming Services in Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't update Gaming Services in Microsoft Store: When trying to update the Gaming Services in the Microsoft Store, so I can install a game, the button to start the update doesn't seem to work.The Gaming Services is in my library and other apps are able to update but Gaming Services and Minecraft are unable to.Pressing the...
  3. Can't update Gaming Services in Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't update Gaming Services in Microsoft Store: When trying to update the Gaming Services in the Microsoft Store, so I can install a game, the button to start the update doesn't seem to work.The Gaming Services is in my library and other apps are able to update but Gaming Services and Minecraft are unable to.Pressing the...
  4. Installing gaming services Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing gaming services Microsoft Store: when i open a game, it takes me to the microsoft store and tells me i need to install and game services even though there is no button to install them. I have tried so many ways and none of them work, not even xbox support was able to solve this problem. Please help me, I...
  5. Installing gaming services Microsoft Store

Installing gaming services Microsoft Store: when i open a game, it takes me to the microsoft store and tells me i need to install and game services even though there is no button to install them. I have tried so many ways and none of them work, not even xbox support was able to solve this problem. Please help me, I...
  6. Microsoft Gaming Services Update

Microsoft Gaming Services Update: There seems to have been an update yesterday as all of my games by Microsoft will no longer run on my computer. I have tried all of the solutions available but none of them have worked thus far. Every time I try to play a game that requires the Gaming Services it just open up...
  7. Microsoft Store Gaming Services Flickering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Gaming Services Flickering: Whenever I try to open a game, Microsoft Store keeps opening with gaming services page flickering on and off. Closing it re-opens the Microsoft store after 10 seconds. The only way to stop it is to restart the pc. Cannot download gaming services as the page flickers...
  8. Microsoft Store Gaming Services Flickering

Microsoft Store Gaming Services Flickering: Whenever I try to open a game, Microsoft Store keeps opening with gaming services page flickering on and off. Closing it re-opens the Microsoft store after 10 seconds. The only way to stop it is to restart the pc. Cannot download gaming services as the page flickers...
  9. Gaming services will not update in Microsoft store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Gaming services will not update in Microsoft store.: Gaming services will not update in the Microsoft store. It has been like this for months. It causes an issue with the Xbox app on my laptop. I try updating it on the Microsoft store and through the Xbox app. But neither works. The Xbox app says it needs gaming services to...
  10. Gaming services will not update in Microsoft store.

Gaming services will not update in Microsoft store.: Gaming services will not update in the Microsoft store. It has been like this for months. It causes an issue with the Xbox app on my laptop. I try updating it on the Microsoft store and through the Xbox app. But neither works. The Xbox app says it needs gaming services to...