Windows 10: Gaming services

Discus and support Gaming services in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I've been trying to play some xbox game pass games and haven't be able to due to gaming services not installing. I've tried the power shell -Admin... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by TheDankestYo, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Gaming services

I've been trying to play some xbox game pass games and haven't be able to due to gaming services not installing. I've tried the power shell -Admin approach and didn't work all it did was download and the fail to install or Error. and the code is Code: 0x80073D26

:)

TheDankestYo, Jul 2, 2020

2. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Aug 5, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Gaming services

Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Gaming services

1. Gaming services - Similar Threads - Gaming services

2. MS Flight Simulator 2020 and "Gaming services" app, required for steam version or not?...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Flight Simulator 2020 and "Gaming services" app, required for steam version or not?...: I cant seem to get a straight answer on this one and my own testing is confusing. With the steam version, is it required to have GS windows app? I tried uninstalling GS and it still ran. Same deal with the win store version of MSFS 20, it ran fine msfs without gs. I'm...
  3. The Software Protection service has started causing my pc to restart when gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Software Protection service has started causing my pc to restart when gaming: Hi team, I've got this annoying issue that I'm trying to figure out and I just can't seem to get it. Whilst gaming my pc will randomly restart and when I check the "Event Viewer" as to the trigger it always shows that the Software Protection service is what triggers the...
  4. Epic Games Launcher Error with Windows 10 & Windows Installer Service - Error Msg "The...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Epic Games Launcher Error with Windows 10 & Windows Installer Service - Error Msg "The...: When I launch EpicInstaller-10.19.2 I get the following error see below then the Epic Installer stops and finishes prematurely. The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if you are running Windows in safe mode, or if the Windows Installer is not...
  5. cryptographic services is taking all my bandwidth when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cryptographic services is taking all my bandwidth when gaming: Hello, I noticed when playing online games Valorant that some services Delivery optimization, Background Intelligent Transfer service, and especiallycryptographic services are taking all bandwidth despite using "gaming mode" which causes ping/latency issues... I...
  6. Xbox game services deleted and i want to get them back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game services deleted and i want to get them back: I removed the xbox game services since i thought it was why a game wasn't working but it wasnt and now i cant play some of my other games I followed this guide to remove it https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/91bwjj/how_to_remove_these_xbox_services_on_windows_10/...
  7. Xbox Game Pass PC game always opens gaming services on Microsoft Store when trying to launch it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Game Pass PC game always opens gaming services on Microsoft Store when trying to launch it: I have had an issue that has persisted for a few days now, and it is really starting to get on my nerves. Whenever I try to launch a certain Xbox Game Pass PC game, it will redirect me to the Gaming Services app from the Microsoft Store. This only happens when I restart my...
  8. Error Code: 0x80073D26 Cant install Gaming Services in Microsoft Store, thus cannot install...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error Code: 0x80073D26 Cant install Gaming Services in Microsoft Store, thus cannot install...: So first when I tried to install wasteland 3 on the microsoft store, I got the infamous "Try again later, something happened on our end." After going through some trouble shooting steps, I ended up running some commands that made me have to install Gaming Services. But...
  9. Gaming Services stuck on downloading

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Gaming Services stuck on downloading: Hello, Gaming Services is required for some Xbox games. However, I have tried several methods to install it and nothing seems to work. It is currently stuck on downloading... thanks...
  10. DOOMEternal: Unable to contact game services. How can I fix? Thanks! (downloaded from...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DOOMEternal: Unable to contact game services. How can I fix? Thanks! (downloaded from...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Fefolino [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k6i3r8/doometernal_unable_to_contact_game_services_how/