Windows 10: Gaming services

Discus and support Gaming services in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I've been trying to play some xbox game pass games and haven't be able to due to gaming services not installing. I've tried the power shell -Admin... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by TheDankestYo, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Gaming services

I've been trying to play some xbox game pass games and haven't be able to due to gaming services not installing. I've tried the power shell -Admin approach and didn't work all it did was download and the fail to install or Error. and the code is Code: 0x80073D26

:)

TheDankestYo, Jul 2, 2020

2. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Aug 5, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Gaming services

Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Gaming services

1. Gaming services - Similar Threads - Gaming services

2. gaming services site

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gaming services site: gaming services site steals Windows 11's backround, please check !!!-* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gaming-services-site/59bd6a17-f5de-458b-9de7-8da22baa0401
  3. gaming services site

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    gaming services site: gaming services site steals Windows 11's backround, please check !!!-* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gaming-services-site/59bd6a17-f5de-458b-9de7-8da22baa0401
  4. Xbox app not starting, maybe Gaming Services issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox app not starting, maybe Gaming Services issue?: So my Xbox app Windows 11 has been refsuing to open for a couple of weeks. It starts, sits at the logo for 30 seconds or so, and then closes. I've been investigating various fixes and nothing has worked, even a completely clean reinstall of Windows.While poking around in...
  5. Xbox app not starting, maybe Gaming Services issue?

Xbox app not starting, maybe Gaming Services issue?: So my Xbox app Windows 11 has been refsuing to open for a couple of weeks. It starts, sits at the logo for 30 seconds or so, and then closes. I've been investigating various fixes and nothing has worked, even a completely clean reinstall of Windows.While poking around in...
  6. Can't update Gaming Services in Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't update Gaming Services in Microsoft Store: When trying to update the Gaming Services in the Microsoft Store, so I can install a game, the button to start the update doesn't seem to work.The Gaming Services is in my library and other apps are able to update but Gaming Services and Minecraft are unable to.Pressing the...
  7. Can't update Gaming Services in Microsoft Store

Can't update Gaming Services in Microsoft Store: When trying to update the Gaming Services in the Microsoft Store, so I can install a game, the button to start the update doesn't seem to work.The Gaming Services is in my library and other apps are able to update but Gaming Services and Minecraft are unable to.Pressing the...
  8. Gaming services will not install/run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming services will not install/run: I am completely unable to use or launch gaming services. Whenever i try to download minecraft launcher im met with the error shown below. I've ran the powershell commands, restarted my computer and reset the microsoft store but nothing has worked. This error even keeps me...
  9. Gaming services will not install/run

Gaming services will not install/run: I am completely unable to use or launch gaming services. Whenever i try to download minecraft launcher im met with the error shown below. I've ran the powershell commands, restarted my computer and reset the microsoft store but nothing has worked. This error even keeps me...
  10. Microsoft Store cant install Xbox or Gaming services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store cant install Xbox or Gaming services: Everytime I try to install Xbox or Gaming services I get the error I will link below. I have done everything in this guide : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/xbox-app-simply-wont-install/629873d9-feee-4d20-8592-34dd4c73c778 , this guide :...