Windows 10: Gaming Services

Discus and support Gaming Services in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Gaming Services is not coming off of my computer cleanly. When I try the "registry edits' suggested other places in this community, even after changing... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by TympaniMan, May 28, 2021.

1. Gaming Services

Gaming Services is not coming off of my computer cleanly. When I try the "registry edits' suggested other places in this community, even after changing the permissions to "administrator", I still cannot delete the keys./I really need a clean install of the Gaming Service to support MSFS 2020. What can I do?

:)

TympaniMan, May 28, 2021

2. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, May 28, 2021
  3. AUDIO SERVICE NOT WORKING.

Hi,

In that case, I suggest you follow below.

Step 1:

In the search box on the taskbar, type device manager, then select it from the results.

Step 2:

Select the arrow next to Sound, video and game controllers to expand it.

Step 3:

Look for IDT High Definition Audio CODEC. If it's listed, right-click it and select Update Driver, then select Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Step 4:

You’ll see a list of pre-installed drivers. Select High Definition Audio Device, and then select Next.

Step 5:

Restart PC

Let me know the results after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, May 28, 2021
  4. Gaming Services

Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 28, 2021
Thema:

Gaming Services

1. Gaming Services - Similar Threads - Gaming Services

2. Cannot install gaming services, receiving error on MS store when trying to update it. Xbox...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install gaming services, receiving error on MS store when trying to update it. Xbox...: Hello I have spent the last 30 days trying every solution I could find on google and on this MS answers form and I am still unable to access my game pass on the Xbox app. I am giving up at this point but trying to see if anyone has anything else I can try before I completely...
  3. Cannot install gaming services, receiving error on MS store when trying to update it. Xbox...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot install gaming services, receiving error on MS store when trying to update it. Xbox...: Hello I have spent the last 30 days trying every solution I could find on google and on this MS answers form and I am still unable to access my game pass on the Xbox app. I am giving up at this point but trying to see if anyone has anything else I can try before I completely...
  4. I have Bluescreen system service exception while playing and open game server for friend

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have Bluescreen system service exception while playing and open game server for friend: I have some problem while playing game. It will constantly shutdown itself and exception code is 0xc0000005 si I thought maybe it was my cpu because I have test my ram all of them with showing no error every test and I RMA my cpu butnow I get bluescreen say system service...
  5. I have Bluescreen system service exception while playing and open game server for friend

I have Bluescreen system service exception while playing and open game server for friend: I have some problem while playing game. It will constantly shutdown itself and exception code is 0xc0000005 si I thought maybe it was my cpu because I have test my ram all of them with showing no error every test and I RMA my cpu butnow I get bluescreen say system service...
  6. gaming services site

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gaming services site: gaming services site steals Windows 11's backround, please check !!!-* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gaming-services-site/59bd6a17-f5de-458b-9de7-8da22baa0401
  7. gaming services site

gaming services site: gaming services site steals Windows 11's backround, please check !!!-* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gaming-services-site/59bd6a17-f5de-458b-9de7-8da22baa0401
  8. Xbox app not starting, maybe Gaming Services issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox app not starting, maybe Gaming Services issue?: So my Xbox app Windows 11 has been refsuing to open for a couple of weeks. It starts, sits at the logo for 30 seconds or so, and then closes. I've been investigating various fixes and nothing has worked, even a completely clean reinstall of Windows.While poking around in...
  9. Xbox app not starting, maybe Gaming Services issue?

Xbox app not starting, maybe Gaming Services issue?: So my Xbox app Windows 11 has been refsuing to open for a couple of weeks. It starts, sits at the logo for 30 seconds or so, and then closes. I've been investigating various fixes and nothing has worked, even a completely clean reinstall of Windows.While poking around in...
  10. Can't update Gaming Services in Microsoft Store

Can't update Gaming Services in Microsoft Store: When trying to update the Gaming Services in the Microsoft Store, so I can install a game, the button to start the update doesn't seem to work.The Gaming Services is in my library and other apps are able to update but Gaming Services and Minecraft are unable to.Pressing the...