Windows 10: Gaming/Storage

Discus and support Gaming/Storage in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm trying to clear up space on my laptop but it won't allow me to delete games that were automatically on this device and I don't know how to get rid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by heatherkincaid, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Gaming/Storage

I'm trying to clear up space on my laptop but it won't allow me to delete games that were automatically on this device and I don't know how to get rid of it because it wont let me uninstall.

:)

heatherkincaid, Mar 9, 2019

2. When using MS Minesweeper and select a game I get " A saved game was found in the cloud storage location. Which game would you like to use? " use local

Hi Jimbo0,

Having a corrupted game file is one of the potential reasons why you are getting this error: "A saved game was found in the cloud storage location. Which game would you like to use?" when playing the game Microsoft Minesweeper. To help you resolve this
    concern, I need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• When did the issue start?
    • Are you experiencing this concern with all of your games?
    • Have you made any changes on your computer prior to this concern?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?

In the meantime, I suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Kindly click the link below to proceed:

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Step 3: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Select This PC.
    5. Click Temporary files.
    6. Choose Temporary files.
    7. Click Remove files.

Step 4: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Apps and features.
    4. Find the game and click Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Mar 9, 2019
  3. $4000 Gaming System

Ok, a buddy of mine has *Rockout :rockout: $4000 *Rockout :rockout: to blow on a balls-to-the-wall gaming system.
    Minimums: Conroe, dual-graphics cards, physics accelorator, 320GB storage, 4GB RAM, liquid cooling.
    Please list your component suggestions here (list links only if you want to):

error_f0rce, Mar 9, 2019
  4. Gaming/Storage

Storage Problem

Hi,

It's possible that the 346GB of space that you're seeing under the Apps & games window refers to the available space of the selected drive and not the actual usage. To confirm this information, we suggest that you check the total
    usage through the Storage usage screen instead. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Click the Start menu or Windows icon.
    • Select the gear icon or Settings.
    • Select System > Storage.
    • Under Choose a drive to see what's taking up space, select
      This PC (Drive letter)
    • Under Apps & games, check if the space usage exceeds the estimate 140GB of space.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

Gaming/Storage

1. Gaming/Storage - Similar Threads - Gaming Storage

2. The Xbox store on my PC has taken up storage for a game that failed to install

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    The Xbox store on my PC has taken up storage for a game that failed to install: I tried to download a game on my PC through the Xbox store after the clearing the necessary space for it but halfway through the download stopped so I cancelled it and tried again but it said that I had insufficient space on my computers storage and the taken up space matches...
  3. The Xbox store on my PC has taken up storage for a game that failed to install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Xbox store on my PC has taken up storage for a game that failed to install: I tried to download a game on my PC through the Xbox store after the clearing the necessary space for it but halfway through the download stopped so I cancelled it and tried again but it said that I had insufficient space on my computers storage and the taken up space matches...
  4. The Xbox store on my PC has taken up storage for a game that failed to install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Store installing apps on the drive for games ignoring the storage setting

Store installing apps on the drive for games ignoring the storage setting: After a clean install of W11 I'm finding apps installed from the store are being installed in the drive set for games installs - e.g. E: drive and not "C:" as set in settings "Storage->Where new content is saved" Changing the game install drive option in the store or Xbox app...
  6. Store installing apps on the drive for games ignoring the storage setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Store installing apps on the drive for games ignoring the storage setting: After a clean install of W11 I'm finding apps installed from the store are being installed in the drive set for games installs - e.g. E: drive and not "C:" as set in settings "Storage->Where new content is saved" Changing the game install drive option in the store or Xbox app...
  7. My useable storage didn't increase after uninstalling a game, any solutions?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My useable storage didn't increase after uninstalling a game, any solutions?: I needed space for a game to update so I uninstalled a game but my storage which is free didn't increase. Does anyone have any solutions, thanks.As you can see 70GB should be free but it isn't....
  8. My useable storage didn't increase after uninstalling a game, any solutions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My useable storage didn't increase after uninstalling a game, any solutions?: I needed space for a game to update so I uninstalled a game but my storage which is free didn't increase. Does anyone have any solutions, thanks.As you can see 70GB should be free but it isn't....
  9. My useable storage didn't increase after uninstalling a game, any solutions?

10. *Game Name* can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be missing or...

*Game Name* can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be missing or...: I've gone through https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/fix-problems-with-apps-from-microsoft-store-93ed0bcf-9c12-3df6-6dda-92ec5d0415ac to attempt to resolve the issue but still running into the same problem. When I tried to "get" the game i run into error...