Windows 10: Gaming Time Limits [Suggestion]

Discus and support Gaming Time Limits [Suggestion] in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello All, The norm seems to be 2 hrs per day. Dividing that up into YouTube, XBox and some approved online sites leaves little time for each. Our 10... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by CaneGreg, Dec 26, 2019.

1. CaneGreg Win User

Gaming Time Limits [Suggestion]

Hello All,

The norm seems to be 2 hrs per day. Dividing that up into YouTube, XBox and some approved online sites leaves little time for each. Our 10 yo is allowed online only after all his homework is complete, sports practice, chores and any family plans are completed. He has to maintain an A or B average or its off the games etc until the grades come back up. He grumbles over these guidelines sometime but they have made a huge difference in his school, family and physical fitness efforts. These parameters have been successful for us but we’d love to hear what others do to stem the tide of “online addiction” that we hear is overwhelming kids today. seems every generation has something newer identified as a scourge that will destroy the next generation.

If he has more than two hours left before shower and bed time, or on the weekend, that extra time is his to use within reason, including gaming, TV etc. Thx for the feedback and I know you’ll provide additional strategies that work great! Greg

* Moved from Community Participation Center

:)

CaneGreg, Dec 26, 2019

2. time limits in family not working

Hi Barbara,

We would like to know more details about your concern about the Family Safety time limit that is not working so we can better assist you. Kindly answer the following:

• Does it happen only with particular child account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we would suggest that you refer to this
    support link
    on how to set up screen time limits for your child.

We look forward to your response.

Marilou Ser, Dec 26, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 26, 2019
  4. Gaming Time Limits [Suggestion]

Time limits is not working, Microsoft Screen Time limits.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We can imagine how upsetting it could be when you face difficulties gaming experience. However, we would suggest you refer

Fix screen time limits not working
    and try performing the troubleshooting steps in the article and check if it resolves the issue.

You can also try verifying the account by going to Settings >
    Accounts and click on Verify account.

You may also want to refer
    Learn more about family features and settings
    for more details.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, Dec 26, 2019
Thema:

Gaming Time Limits [Suggestion]

1. Gaming Time Limits [Suggestion] - Similar Threads - Gaming Limits Suggestion

2. Family safety time limit not limiting time?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety time limit not limiting time?: I've set a 30min limit on Saturday and Sundays for my son but he is able to carry on for longer without the limit stopping him. How do I make it work?...
  3. Family safety time limit not limiting time?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family safety time limit not limiting time?: I've set a 30min limit on Saturday and Sundays for my son but he is able to carry on for longer without the limit stopping him. How do I make it work?...
  4. time limits

in Windows 10 Customization
    time limits: hello my freinds I have put on a time limit for 3 hours a day and whenever I shut down my PC after 15 min of use I come back to see that I have run out of time is this a bug or something -BhruvMomento...
  5. Time limit

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Time limit: hi i am having trouble with my sons computer, i put the limits on it but since he no longer uses it i have decide to use it but i deleted him from the family groupchat however the limits are still on and now after i log in to the computer it says times up and i cant use the...
  6. Time limits

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Time limits: I see that there asre time limits set on access time for family members others I shared my account with, Where did I set these. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-limits/3e1136ce-583d-4bc9-9930-9fe2c9105678
  7. Group games together for time limit

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Group games together for time limit: I'm trying to set up time limits for games on my kids' account, and while I see how I can set individual time limits for each app, I was wondering if there was a way to set up a limit for a group of apps? For example, they have Roblox and Minecraft, and I would like to set...
  8. No time limits set, but still limiting time

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No time limits set, but still limiting time: I have kids who need to use Google Chrome for distance learning. When I enabled that app for them, it set a time limit. I have removed all app time limits on the kids accounts, but one of them is still blocked from using Chrome unless he asks an adult. How can I fix this...
  9. Time Limits

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Time Limits: [ATTACH] Does anybody here know how to bypass the family screen time limits while the screen time is used up? I really want to play sims but I've already used up the screen time. Even a simple way to disable it while screen time is not used up. Thanks!...
  10. Time Limits

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Time Limits: I want to set time limits on my xbox for my sons. Is it possible to remotely shut down the xbox on certain days/hours. I want to be able to limit their time on COD and Fornite. So can I shut down say every school day from 3-7pm and after 11pm at night. Thanks...