Windows 10: Gaming troubles

Discus and support Gaming troubles in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; OK I had Windows 7 installed on my computer and when I would play a game WoW the graphic would freeze and would restart my computer. So I ran the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TonySavage1, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Gaming troubles

OK

I had Windows 7 installed on my computer and when I would play a game WoW the graphic would freeze and would restart my computer. So I ran the sfc/scannow and the checkHealth and nothing came up, said the computer was fine. So I switched graphic cards and the same thing would happen. So thinking that since Windows 7 was no longer being supported I got Windows 10 and did a fresh install. When I would play WoW the computer would freeze but instead of rebooting it would resume the game but at a much lower framerate, making it impossible to play. So I switched graphic cards again to no avail. After doing the scannow and checkHealth, I did the memory diagnostic all three came told me the computer was fine, which it is. The only time I have a problem is when I'm playing games also did a fresh install of WoW.

So I went into system information and noticed that several of the drivers were Critical with one saying severe NPsvctrig. So I updated my BIOS, and updated the chipset drivers through Device Manager. I went back to system information after the reboot and the drivers are still listed as Critical and severe.

I've downloaded and installed the graphics driver, Windows Update is showing computer up to date.

Now before I go off and buy another Graphic card Currently using PNY Geforce 770 I wanted to check on here and see if there is anything else I could do before I waste the money of a new card.

Here is a list of the drivers that are critical.

Gaming troubles de2c71bb-3ccf-44e7-8052-af2d2758c986?upload=true.png

:)

TonySavage1, Mar 22, 2020

2. Trouble with Age of Empires: Castle Siege game

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you run the game using the compatibility troubleshooter.

Follow the steps below.

• Right-click on the Game executable file and select
      Properties.
    • Select Compatibility Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select operating system from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

You may also refer the link below for more help.

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

(Steps for Windows 8.1 are also applicable for Windows 10 in the above link)

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Mar 22, 2020
  3. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Mar 22, 2020
  4. BrianMBC Win User

Gaming troubles

Trouble saving voicemail number

To access my voicemail it is my phone number, a pause and 4 digit pin.

I did the following steps:

• Turned off default voicemail number
    • Added a , (for pause) at end of my phone number
    • Added the 4 digit pin
    I get the following error message We're having trouble saving your voicemail number right now. Try again later.

Any suggestions on how to correct this?

BrianMBC, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

Gaming troubles

1. Gaming troubles - Similar Threads - Gaming troubles

2. I'm having trouble with my Sound, video and game controllers drivers how to solve it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm having trouble with my Sound, video and game controllers drivers how to solve it?: Hey everyone, it's Davis. I'm having some tech troubles and could really use some help. First off, my volume control is acting up. No matter what I do, it stays stuck at 100%, even when I try to lower it. And whenever I attempt to update, uninstall, or roll back, boom—blue...
  3. I'm having trouble with my Sound, video and game controllers drivers how to solve it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm having trouble with my Sound, video and game controllers drivers how to solve it?: Hey everyone, it's Davis. I'm having some tech troubles and could really use some help. First off, my volume control is acting up. No matter what I do, it stays stuck at 100%, even when I try to lower it. And whenever I attempt to update, uninstall, or roll back, boom—blue...
  4. I'm having trouble with my Samsung RF511 laptop on Windows 10. When playing games like...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I'm having trouble with my Samsung RF511 laptop on Windows 10. When playing games like...: Dear Support Team,I'm reaching out because I'm facing an issue while playing games like Roblox or Minecraft on my Samsung laptop RF511 model running Windows 10.The problem I'm encountering is that when I try to move the cursor while simultaneously pressing keys, such as WASD...
  5. My game recently has a trouble with the texture, Where it's has black lines or outlines in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My game recently has a trouble with the texture, Where it's has black lines or outlines in...: Hi,I was having this problem since i got my PC, Where i play Games and it has black lines or outlines in the texture. it only appears on a few textures, I don't know if my GPU is faulty or my ram too low. Here my PC Specifications:Windows 7Intel Core i3-4170Intel HD-44004gb...
  6. My game recently has a trouble with the texture, Where it's has black lines or outlines in...

My game recently has a trouble with the texture, Where it's has black lines or outlines in...: Hi,I was having this problem since i got my PC, Where i play Games and it has black lines or outlines in the texture. it only appears on a few textures, I don't know if my GPU is faulty or my ram too low. Here my PC Specifications:Windows 7Intel Core i3-4170Intel HD-44004gb...
  7. Im having many troubles with my games and file explorer on windows 11 pro even after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Im having many troubles with my games and file explorer on windows 11 pro even after reset: Hello my pc has started crashing maybe start of January, It will occur basically everytime i open a game and try go onto online but some crash without me even going into a game mode, after my game crashes it randomly open my file explorer to the drive my game/app is installed...
  8. Im having many troubles with my games and file explorer on windows 11 pro even after reset

Im having many troubles with my games and file explorer on windows 11 pro even after reset: Hello my pc has started crashing maybe start of January, It will occur basically everytime i open a game and try go onto online but some crash without me even going into a game mode, after my game crashes it randomly open my file explorer to the drive my game/app is installed...
  9. Trouble Shooting game. Game freezes/is unresponsive to startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble Shooting game. Game freezes/is unresponsive to startup: Hello, Im having trouble Loading/Starting up games roblox and valorant are the ones if tested so far every time I seem to try to start them they are unresponsive and never load sometime if I'm lucky enough, valorant loads up to the lobby but even then it doesn't respond to...
  10. Trouble Shooting game. Game freezes/is unresponsive to startup

Trouble Shooting game. Game freezes/is unresponsive to startup: Hello, Im having trouble Loading/Starting up games roblox and valorant are the ones if tested so far every time I seem to try to start them they are unresponsive and never load sometime if I'm lucky enough, valorant loads up to the lobby but even then it doesn't respond to...