Windows 10: Gamma and brightness not editable with dual monitor.

Discus and support Gamma and brightness not editable with dual monitor. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Since update 1909 of Windows 10 i can't change gamma or brightness when i connect an external monitor but it work when i have only one monitor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AngryPute, Jun 13, 2020.

1. AngryPute Win User

Gamma and brightness not editable with dual monitor.

Hello,

Since update 1909 of Windows 10 i can't change gamma or brightness when i connect an external monitor but it work when i have only one monitor or i duplicate screen.

i have try software like gamma control or ClickMonitorDDC i want to use software like that not amd software to edit gamma.

Résultats de recherche
    Résultats We

System Model: TUF Gaming FX505DY_FX505DY

BIOS: FX505DY.315 type: UEFI

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3550H with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 8 CPUs, ~2.1GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Thanks.

:)

AngryPute, Jun 13, 2020

2. monitor brightness?

Hi Tom,

To change your Windows 10 monitor brightness, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo; then, search for Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Power Options.
    • On the next screen you should see brightness slider at the bottom of the Control Panel window.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Adjusting Monitor Brightness and contrast

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you want to adjust the monitor brightness and contrast

Please answer the below question to assist you better,

What is the make and model of the keyboard?

Please check the below steps and check if it helps,

• Type Calibrate display color in the Cortana search box, and click on same.
    • Click Next on Display Color Calibration window.
    • Click Next on Set basic color settings appears on the screen window.
    • Similarly, you get another window How to adjust gamma and click Next button to continue.
    • Adjust gamma window prompts.Set the gamma color settings by sliding up or down (as you prefer) the gamma sliders. When you drag the slider upward brightness of your desktop enhances and when pull it downward brightness
      decreases.This is the center step to adjust brightness so perform carefully. Press
      Next button.
    • Then you will see the Find the brightness and contrast controls for your display. Tap on
      Skip brightness and contrast adjustment if you want to avoid the adjustment of brightness and contrast.
    • Press on Next button until you get the window called How to adjust color balance.
    • In the window “How to adjust color balance”, hit the Next button to go further window.
    • Here, you will notice another window Adjust color balance. In this window, you have the option to adjust the primary colors like
      red, blue and green by sliding these (right or left) with mouse according to your need. After you optimize the colors press the
      Next button.
    • Finally, click Finish button to save the current color calibration settings on your Windows 10 desktop.

You may also update the display driver and check if it helps:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

I would also suggest you install the latest keyboard drivers from the manufacturing website and check if it helps.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Gamma and brightness not editable with dual monitor.

Windows 10 in-game brightness/gamma issue

I just did a fresh install of Windows 10 x64 Pro (I previously ran Windows 7 x64). Everything is great until I launch a game. I play Amnesia the Dark Descent which is a very dark game so I know what true black looks like, and for me in Windows 10 the black
    isnt black, its grey, which seems to be cause by gamma or brightness being too high. I ran the Windows calibration tool but it doesnt help as on the desktop brightness and gamma are normal, its only in game where it is wrong.

I have tried updating drivers, rolling them back, messing with brightness and gamma in the nVidia control panel but nothing is solving this problem and I cant seem to find anyone else who has experienced it. I have a nVidia GTX 670 with latest drivers.

serbusfish, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Gamma and brightness not editable with dual monitor.

1. Gamma and brightness not editable with dual monitor. - Similar Threads - Gamma brightness editable

2. Brightness/Gamma/Contrast too high/too low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness/Gamma/Contrast too high/too low: Greetings.A couple of months ago my monitor seemed too bright to my liking, and since the brightness slider on the monitor itself wasn't enough. After a little bit of searching I found out about the "calibrate display color" software on Windows. Ever since I have tampered...
  3. Brightness/Gamma/Contrast too high/too low

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brightness/Gamma/Contrast too high/too low: Greetings.A couple of months ago my monitor seemed too bright to my liking, and since the brightness slider on the monitor itself wasn't enough. After a little bit of searching I found out about the "calibrate display color" software on Windows. Ever since I have tampered...
  4. I have problem with brightness/gamma setting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have problem with brightness/gamma setting: I don't know what category this problem is in so I put it in the performance & system failures category. So I have a problem regarding brightness/gamma setting. every time I log into my laptop the screen is suddenly very bright and the color is too white. so I reset the...
  5. Losing gamma setting with monitor sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Losing gamma setting with monitor sleep: Power Options is set to send my monitor to sleep after 45 minutes of inactivity. Problem is the gamma setting is out of whack when I wake the monitor (too dark). I have to reboot to correct it. In fact, it corrects immediately after I select restart, even while the home...
  6. Monitor Brightness

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Brightness: Back in win7 from which I updated to wint 10 I could change the brightness of my external monitor with no issue in-system. For whatever reason, that option is now gone in Win 10....
  7. Display collors are off/ gamma to high/ no brightness option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display collors are off/ gamma to high/ no brightness option: So i came across this problem while in photoshop. The colors and gradient on my current monitor were to bright, almost if the gamma was to high. so i test this with two other monitors who had no problem they are to small to use. i have tried allot of things but nothing would...
  8. MMO's brightness, contrast and gamma sliders won't move

MMO's brightness, contrast and gamma sliders won't move: I haven't used my graphics sliders in lotro for a while, and when I tried last week, they won't move. Other graphics sliders work. I went to the game's community and folks claimed an MS update caused the problem on some computers, an update coming out last year. However,...
  9. Dual monitors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual monitors: So I recently purchased a mid tier gaming pc and I'm having difficulty getting my second monitor to work. I know both monitors are in perfect working condition so that's not the problem. In display settings the computer is telling me that is recognizes 2 displays and I can...
  10. monitor brightness

monitor brightness: How do you change the brightness for a monitor attached to your windows 10 computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/monitor-brightness/2c64d719-1ce0-4442-b380-feae6696280e

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gamma panel doesnt work for dual monitor

2. lotro brightness second monitor