Windows 10: Gamma change going from plugged to battery

Discus and support Gamma change going from plugged to battery in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi guys! First time posting here. As the title suggests, my laptop screen's gamma would change when I go from plugged in to battery - specifically the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JasXJX, Nov 22, 2020.

1. /u/JasXJX Win User

Gamma change going from plugged to battery

Hi guys! First time posting here. As the title suggests, my laptop screen's gamma would change when I go from plugged in to battery - specifically the colors all seem brighter on battery. I can't seem to find any color profile associated with on battery or plugged in. My laptop is a Asus zephyrus G14, but I also noticed the same problem on my older Surface Pro (2017 model; never bothered to try to fix it until now). Any idea why this might be happening?

submitted by /u/JasXJX
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JasXJX, Nov 22, 2020

2. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Gamma change going from plugged to battery pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Nov 22, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    battery plugged in not charging

To resolve this issue, please follow these steps:

• Unplug Laptop
    • Remove the Battery
    • Plug in Laptop and turn on the laptop
    • Go to Control Panel - Devices and uninstall all instances of Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery
    • Shut down Laptop and unplug it
    • Insert Battery and plug in the laptop
    • Start the Laptop
    Hopefully this will work for you, please let us know!

DaveM121, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Cannot change gamma permanently

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This could be due to the scheduled task that is set. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works.

• Search for Task Scheduler from the Start menu and open the same.
    • Expand Task Scheduler Library and navigate to
      Microsoft\Windows\WindowsColorSystem.
    • On the right pane, right click on the task
      Calibration loader
      and choose Properties.
    • Under Triggers tab, click on
      At Log on
      and On Connection to User Session, and
      uncheck
      the Enabled box.
    • Calibrate Gamma again and restart the machine to see if resets.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Gamma change going from plugged to battery - Similar Threads - Gamma change going

2. Battery going down when plugged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery going down when plugged in: my PC was at 87% battery percentage and now it's on 86% battery percentage, it went down by 1%, it's plugged in and charging. I think it's because i was on hibernate AFK mode. Should i keep my pc plugged in when i'm AFK without using hibernate mode?...
  3. Any ways to fix the Gamma Panel or adjust gamma from the Command Prompt?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any ways to fix the Gamma Panel or adjust gamma from the Command Prompt?: The gamma of my laptop is way too much for my eyes. I've already adjusted the gamma level from the built-in calibrator on win 10, but the light from the screen is still way too penetrating. So after doing some extensive research, I finally came across with Gamma Panel on...
  4. [Help] Change Gamma with RegEdit?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Help] Change Gamma with RegEdit?: I want to change gamma from the registry by using .reg files so I can make a normal_gamma.reg and a max_gamma.reg for macros while gaming. I play a game where it's common to turn up gamma at night and turn it back off at day. I currently have this from something I have found...
  5. Settings between Battery-powered and Plugged-in not changing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Settings between Battery-powered and Plugged-in not changing: Hi there. Recently I have noticed that the settings for both battery-powered and plugged-in statuses have changed. For example, my brightness level used to be at 50% when I have it on battery, and 100% for when plugged in. However, something changed recently to where this no...
  6. How to change Screen Brightness Battery/Plugged in

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change Screen Brightness Battery/Plugged in: I'm trying to adjust the screen brightness so that the screen dims when on battery power. The options do not seem to exist. I want the screen brightness to be 100% when plugged in and 33% when on battery....
  7. Cannot change gamma permanently

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot change gamma permanently: Hi. My laptop screen is always at high level of gamma. Even when I change it with dccw command, the level of gamma gets high again the next time I turn on the laptop. I hope you can suggest some solutions to this problem...
  8. Battery plugged in, not charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery plugged in, not charging: I have my USB-C charging cable plugged into the charging port of my laptop. However, the batter icon on my bottom right says (when I moused over it) "5% available (plugged in, not charging). Can't solve this issue. Anyone with solution ? I am on Window 10 Pro, ThinkPad X1...
  9. Battery vs Plugged In

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery vs Plugged In: I keep getting Plugged In or On battery warnings on my screen, even though the laptop is plugged in, and there does not seem to be any way of getting it to stop, it just seems to come on randomly, an idea how to stop this...
  10. Display Gamma/Contrast Changes When Tabbing Out From Game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Gamma/Contrast Changes When Tabbing Out From Game: Hi! This is a recent-ish issue and I haven't been able to nail down what's causing it or how to prevent it really (beyond not alt-tabbing, but that's too much of a convenience). Whenever I play a full screen game (I make use of borderless windows whenever possible),...