Windows 10: Gamma color setting reseting

Discus and support Gamma color setting reseting in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Every time I go to a different tab or open a game the gamma on my monitor resets. It says the same gamma number on the Nvidia control panel but I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by bobrobert3, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Gamma color setting reseting

Every time I go to a different tab or open a game the gamma on my monitor resets. It says the same gamma number on the Nvidia control panel but I have to move the bar for the gamma to go back to normal.

:)

bobrobert3, Nov 23, 2020

2. Color Calibration and gamma settings keep resetting !!!

I have to continuously run color calibration because I notice my email and other web pages are being washed out in white......I lower the gamma settings as low as they will go and it gets better, but then resets from sleep or after reboot or just randomly.

I tried saving the profile in ICC as default and it shows there still, but gamma continues to change on its own.

Intel does not have a section to correct this.

Uninstalled both Nvidia and INtel drivers and reinstalled in compatibility mode but hasn't changed anything.

Not using the NVidia , have uninstalled and reinstalled just in case.

Windows 10 Home

Version 1803

Installed on 9/29/18

OS Build 17134.472

Acer E5-575G Intel I5-7200U

Intel HD graphics 620- currently shows connected to display driver version 21.20.16.4534 date 10/7/16

Nvidia Geforce 940MX- 25.21.14.1735 date 12/11/18

JohnStewart9, Nov 23, 2020
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Color Calibration and gamma settings keep resetting !!!

Hi John,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Since when are you facing this issue?

One of the possible reasons for this behavior is that graphics drivers haven’t been updated and the manufacturer hasn’t released any updates for the graphics card recently. However, we can try some steps and see if we can
    get it to work.

Method 1: Disable Game Bar

Windows 10 Game Bar is aimed to enhance the gaming experience for game players, it could sometimes break the color calibration and ICC color profile.

Go to Settings->Gaming->Game bar.

Turn off Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar.

Method 2: Turn off Night Light

Go to settings->System->Display.

Under Color, toggle the Night light switch to off position.

Method 3: Install older version of NVidia graphics driver

Rollback the NVidia graphics driver (to older version) and see if the calibration settings can be set using the NVidia control panel.

I also suggest to refer to the suggestions provided by Monica Cam, dated December 28, 2016 in:
    Display Color Calibration won't stay locked, keeps chnaging

Hope it helps.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Nov 23, 2020
  4. Gamma color setting reseting

Gamma resetting ingame/after game - Nvidia

Hi!

It doesn't matter if i set/reset or do whatever in Diablo 3 about the gamma-settings.

Problem is still the same.

In League of Legends you can't adjust the brightness/gamma.

I just changed from "Fullscreen windowed" to "Fullscreen" and back again.

No change at all.

I even re-installed the newest driver for my Nvidia - Card.

Changing settings there (gamma, color and brightness not through windows but through the driver) didn't change anything.

I don't know what to do.

PeterK2808, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

Gamma color setting reseting

1. Gamma color setting reseting - Similar Threads - Gamma color setting

2. My gamma settings are broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My gamma settings are broken: Hi. I have been trying to solve this issue for months now to no avail, and have finally decided to make a public post about it. A few months ago, my cat sat on my keyboard, and in doing so somehow changed the gamma settings in a way that I have been unable to properly reset...
  3. My gamma settings are broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My gamma settings are broken: Hi. I have been trying to solve this issue for months now to no avail, and have finally decided to make a public post about it. A few months ago, my cat sat on my keyboard, and in doing so somehow changed the gamma settings in a way that I have been unable to properly reset...
  4. My gamma settings are broken

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Gamma and color settings

Gamma and color settings: My gamma and color settings resets every time I boot up my laptopBut when I click notifications or go to display settings then my gamma and color settings return to normal....
  6. Losing gamma setting with monitor sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Losing gamma setting with monitor sleep: Power Options is set to send my monitor to sleep after 45 minutes of inactivity. Problem is the gamma setting is out of whack when I wake the monitor (too dark). I have to reboot to correct it. In fact, it corrects immediately after I select restart, even while the home...
  7. Windows 10 Gamma setting + Sound setting reset every windows boot

Windows 10 Gamma setting + Sound setting reset every windows boot: Laptop: G75VW Asus ROG gaming laptop. Hardware: Intel Core i7 -3610QM, 2.3GHz quad-core 12GB Ram NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX670M 3GB OS: Originally Win7 Home Premium Upgraded to Win10 Home 1/1/2020 *These problems started after I upgraded to windows 10. As the title...
  8. Problem with Gamma settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with Gamma settings: I have a problem with colors on my screen. My email pages and some other web pages look white. I found out that the gamma setting are too high and made them as low as possible. It helped and the colors got better. But after booting the system the issue gets back. Gammar...
  9. Color Calibration and gamma settings keep resetting !!!

Color Calibration and gamma settings keep resetting !!!: I have to continuously run color calibration because I notice my email and other web pages are being washed out in white......I lower the gamma settings as low as they will go and it gets better, but then resets from sleep or after reboot or just randomly. I tried saving...
  10. Windows 10 Pro - Gamma settings keep resetting

Windows 10 Pro - Gamma settings keep resetting: Hi, first of all, I understand this has been asked before - and no, none of the solutions seem to apply to me (like installing new drivers, obviously). Situation: Fresh (!) install of Windows 10 Pro and fresh (!) install of NVIDIA GeForce Drivers, latest versions etc....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. color calibration gamma resets