Windows 10: Gamma control is lost in games with latest Windows 10 update

Discus and support Gamma control is lost in games with latest Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My system updated the other night, and now games like Halo cannot control the brightness (gamma). Windows version at the command prompt says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChipProgrammer, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Gamma control is lost in games with latest Windows 10 update

My system updated the other night, and now games like Halo cannot control the brightness (gamma). Windows version at the command prompt says "Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18362.175]". The video card is AMD Radeon VII with latest drivers (19.6.1). Is there a way to restore control over screen brightness for applications? Some games are just too dark in their default settings.

:)

ChipProgrammer, Jun 15, 2019

2. Windows 10 in-game brightness/gamma issue

I just did a fresh install of Windows 10 x64 Pro (I previously ran Windows 7 x64). Everything is great until I launch a game. I play Amnesia the Dark Descent which is a very dark game so I know what true black looks like, and for me in Windows 10 the black
    isnt black, its grey, which seems to be cause by gamma or brightness being too high. I ran the Windows calibration tool but it doesnt help as on the desktop brightness and gamma are normal, its only in game where it is wrong.

I have tried updating drivers, rolling them back, messing with brightness and gamma in the nVidia control panel but nothing is solving this problem and I cant seem to find anyone else who has experienced it. I have a nVidia GTX 670 with latest drivers.

serbusfish, Jun 15, 2019
  3. Gamma settings resetting to factory Default when alt tabbing during game play sessions.

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We are glad that you choose Windows 10.

I can understand that your computer gamma setting is keep on resetting while you run a game. I appreciate that you have already tried a few troubleshooting steps. Please let me help you resolve your issue.

Gamma is a critical setting that affects luminance and how reds, greens, and blues interact with each other.

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, please share the following details.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Which game is causing the issue?
    • Have you tried with a different game?
    • Can you find any notification window while automatically resetting to factory settings?

I suggest you to check the game version and see if it is compatible with Windows 10.
    Click on the below link to check compatibility.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/Home

Please get back to us with the details and updated status. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you

Aswin_Anand, Jun 15, 2019
  4. Gamma control is lost in games with latest Windows 10 update

Game controller ID settings

Hi Joe,

Thank you for the update. I understand your concern.

I would suggest you to look for the Devices settings in Control Panel and check if the game controllers are listed. If so, refer to the following steps to alter the settings and check if these are helpful in resolving your issue.

a. Right click on one of your game controllers and click Game Controller Settings. Note where in the list it is. If it is not at the top proceed to the next step.

b. Right click and remove all your other controllers (not the 360/gamepad) and let them reinstall automatically.

c. Once complete right click and check the list again and see if the 360 controller/gamepad is at the top. If so, give the game another try and see if it detects your controller.

If the issue still persists, restart your console and then try to reconnect your controller.

Hope this information is helpful. Please post back your results for further assistance.

Harkanwar Singh, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

Gamma control is lost in games with latest Windows 10 update

1. Gamma control is lost in games with latest Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Gamma control lost

2. lost sound after Windows 10 latest update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    lost sound after Windows 10 latest update: My HP desktop has been running happily with windows 10 but the latest windows update has killed my sound. Have tried all the instructions as per the HP virtual assistant; but still no sound. Need help, my knowledge of software is very limited. 163917
  3. lost sound after Windows 10 latest update

in Windows 10 Support
    lost sound after Windows 10 latest update: My HP desktop has been running happily with windows 10 but the latest windows update has killed my sound. Have tried all the instructions as per the HP virtual assistant; but still no sound. Need help, my knowledge of software is very limited. 163917
  4. Data lost after after windows 10 latest update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Data lost after after windows 10 latest update: Hello Everyone!!! I'm facing issues regarding the latest update of windows 10. My Data and Apps that i installed got deleted. Every time logged in to my device My device removes my data.......Please help me to solve my issue Thank you so much!!!...
  5. Speakers lost after latest update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Speakers lost after latest update.: Windows 10 1909 1836.657 I loaded the update to Win 10 from Microsoft in January 2020. All went well except my external speakers are gone. The speaker icon at the bottom of the home page indicates "No AUDIO Output Device is Installed". All connections are checked several...
  6. Nvidia Control Panel and Gamma Control

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia Control Panel and Gamma Control: Hello: I'm considering purchasing a new pc. An important consideration in my choice is my control over fine tuning of display parameters: Brightness /Conrast /Gamma/ Color Saturation So I'm looking for PC with dedicated (rather than integrated) graphics card, which might...
  7. Windows 10 update Lost Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 update Lost Games: Hello, When I ran Windows 10 update, it destroyed/lost over 10 games I had purchased from EPIC. When I called EPIC support for help, they tried to help, but could not resolve the problem. Can Windows 10 Support team help me without charging me and who do I contact? EPIC...
  8. How to Adjust Gamma after Windows 10 Latest Update?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Adjust Gamma after Windows 10 Latest Update?: So I installed the latest windows update and now cannot change my gamma in the Calibrate Display program - this has left me with a really unbalanced display color that I cannot change, how can I change my gamma settings to correct this?...
  9. Windows 10 Gamma Issues

Windows 10 Gamma Issues: Hi, Every time my laptop restarts the gamma resets. This is a problem that has existed with my laptop (Acer Aspire) since starting it out of the box. The gamma is extremely high and is still high even after turning it down to the lowest levels. Things I have tried and...
  10. Performed update for Windows 10 - lost brightness control

Performed update for Windows 10 - lost brightness control: now I can not control brightness either through F3 or by hitting notification icon method as noted in help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/performed-update-for-windows-10-lost-brightness/877f41f5-f9f5-4c48-9a99-52146d078733

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 gamma control

2. games cant change gamma after windows update

3. windows 10 most recent update gamma control