Windows 10: Gap between program windows and taskbar

Discus and support Gap between program windows and taskbar in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; https://snipboard.io/q0jind.jpg You can see Spotify, in a maximised window or what it's called, then a little few pixels of Discord, which weirdly is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ChosenMate, Aug 23, 2020.

1. Gap between program windows and taskbar

https://snipboard.io/q0jind.jpg
    You can see Spotify, in a maximised window or what it's called, then a little few pixels of Discord, which weirdly is the only thing that actually manages to reach the taskbar, and then the taskbar. Discord is not the cause, if i turn it off, all that's visible between any program and the taskbar is my wallpaper. Help would be appreciated since it's across the entire screen and quite annoying. Thanks!

submitted by /u/ChosenMate
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ChosenMate, Aug 23, 2020
  2. toastboy Win User

Gap in Taskbar?

Gap between program windows and taskbar [​IMG]

It usually takes a little while, but at some point this little gap in the taskbar appears and the only way I've ever managed to get rid of it is doing a full reinstall of Windows. Then its usually gone for little while (weeks to months) but then will come back again. Sometimes its not a gap and its a second arrow, but one that cannot be clicked.

Any ideas? I've done an SFC and disabled some of the programs that load on startup. No change. Sometimes restarting explorer.exe works, and sometimes it doesn't.

Its there as soon as the desktop appears.

This is an issue I also had in Windows 7 before I upgraded to Windows 10 (clean install)

toastboy, Aug 23, 2020
  3. Gap in Taskbar?

I have exactly the same issue. Win 10 home 64bit. using the stock theme

I have no idea how to fix what causes it but I managed to figure out that its an un-named toolbar. if you right click on your taskbar and go to toolbars you will see a blank line under desktop as per this photo.

click this blank line and the gap will disappear. it will come back again at some point, I don't know how or why but this is easier than a reinstall.

Hope this helps and someone more knowledgeable than me can find a root cause for it.

eddkawasaki, Aug 23, 2020
  4. Gap between program windows and taskbar

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Aug 23, 2020
Thema:

Gap between program windows and taskbar

1. Gap between program windows and taskbar - Similar Threads - Gap between program

2. Gap between program and taskbar when maximizing program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gap between program and taskbar when maximizing program: Hi.Not sure if this is linked to a Windows update, but within the last 2 weeks I have started getting a gap between my taskbar and the programs I maximize. This has never been a problem before. See attached picture. Sometimes I can re-start the PC and it is gone but comes...
  3. Gap between program and taskbar when maximizing program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gap between program and taskbar when maximizing program: Hi.Not sure if this is linked to a Windows update, but within the last 2 weeks I have started getting a gap between my taskbar and the programs I maximize. This has never been a problem before. See attached picture. Sometimes I can re-start the PC and it is gone but comes...
  4. Gap between taskbar and browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gap between taskbar and browser: Hi, as you can see from the screenshot there is a large gap between my taskbar and the browser. The browser is in fullscreen and I can't drag it down. This gap exists for other Apps like Spotify and Discord as well, but it doesn't affect things like fullscreen videos or video...
  5. Gap between taskbar and browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gap between taskbar and browser: Hi, as you can see from the screenshot there is a large gap between my taskbar and the browser. The browser is in fullscreen and I can't drag it down. This gap exists for other Apps like Spotify and Discord as well, but it doesn't affect things like fullscreen videos or video...
  6. Gap between icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gap between icons: I do not know what I did…….last thing remember was accidentally pinned a program to the taskbar……then I unpinned it now have this gap in between icons?Any answers thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gap-between-icons/29c0797c-b3ff-40cc-aa73-4993555cb24f
  7. Gap between icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gap between icons: I do not know what I did…….last thing remember was accidentally pinned a program to the taskbar……then I unpinned it now have this gap in between icons?Any answers thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gap-between-icons/29c0797c-b3ff-40cc-aa73-4993555cb24f
  8. A gap is shown between toolbar and taskbar aero

in Windows 10 Customization
    A gap is shown between toolbar and taskbar aero: A gap is shown between toolbarWhere internet speed shown and this aero Near OneDrive icon is shown. I install new windows but when update 21H1 same thing happen. like picture What's the solution?...
  9. Large gap between taskbar and desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Large gap between taskbar and desktop icons?: submitted by /u/MassiR77 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j1ge8n/large_gap_between_taskbar_and_desktop_icons/
  10. Gap in Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Gap in Taskbar?: [img] It usually takes a little while, but at some point this little gap in the taskbar appears and the only way I've ever managed to get rid of it is doing a full reinstall of Windows. Then its usually gone for little while (weeks to months) but then will come back...