Windows 10: Gap in Taskbar?

Discus and support Gap in Taskbar? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] It usually takes a little while, but at some point this little gap in the taskbar appears and the only way I've ever managed to get rid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by toastboy, Dec 16, 2015.

1. toastboy Win User

Gap in Taskbar?

Gap in Taskbar? [​IMG]

It usually takes a little while, but at some point this little gap in the taskbar appears and the only way I've ever managed to get rid of it is doing a full reinstall of Windows. Then its usually gone for little while (weeks to months) but then will come back again. Sometimes its not a gap and its a second arrow, but one that cannot be clicked.

Any ideas? I've done an SFC and disabled some of the programs that load on startup. No change. Sometimes restarting explorer.exe works, and sometimes it doesn't.

Its there as soon as the desktop appears.

This is an issue I also had in Windows 7 before I upgraded to Windows 10 (clean install)

:)

toastboy, Dec 16, 2015

2. screen gap?

no worries, hope it works out for your phone Gap in Taskbar? :)

adrianhughesNSD, Dec 16, 2015
  3. screen gap?

hi guys, i'm new to nokia discussions but made a similar post on the WPcentral forums. i have a simple question. i have a lumia 920 and there seem to be a gap between the screen and the body which dirt seems to enter through. the gap is big enough to allow
    the edge of a piece of paper to enter through it. is this normal? anyone else having this problem?

samiratiya, Dec 16, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Gap in Taskbar?

Have you modified the theme you are using? That's where this kind of problem usually comes from.

Ztruker, Dec 16, 2015
  5. toastboy Win User
    Its the default theme but I've changed the background to do a rotating slideshow of a folder of pictures. Its one of the first things I do, and this problem doesn't come up for a while after that

toastboy, Dec 16, 2015
  6. toastboy Win User
    I fired up my computer yesterday and the problem disappeared. Pretty sure I didn't do anything that would have changed anything...

Maybe the latest Win10 update fixed it, for now.

toastboy, Jan 7, 2016
  7. I have exactly the same issue. Win 10 home 64bit. using the stock theme

Gap in Taskbar? [​IMG]

I have no idea how to fix what causes it but I managed to figure out that its an un-named toolbar. if you right click on your taskbar and go to toolbars you will see a blank line under desktop as per this photo.

Gap in Taskbar? [​IMG]

click this blank line and the gap will disappear. it will come back again at some point, I don't know how or why but this is easier than a reinstall.

Hope this helps and someone more knowledgeable than me can find a root cause for it.

eddkawasaki, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Gap in Taskbar?

1. Gap in Taskbar? - Similar Threads - Gap Taskbar

2. gap in taskbar on 175% scale

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gap in taskbar on 175% scale: Hi peeps,I recently switched my display scaling to 175% i use a surface pro 7+ with the default scaling of 200% and ive begun to notice a gap at the end of my taskbar, right where the show desktop button is. please note that i use windows insider, my current version is 22H2...
  3. gap in taskbar on 175% scale

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    gap in taskbar on 175% scale: Hi peeps,I recently switched my display scaling to 175% i use a surface pro 7+ with the default scaling of 200% and ive begun to notice a gap at the end of my taskbar, right where the show desktop button is. please note that i use windows insider, my current version is 22H2...
  4. There is a gap between my taskbar and the bottom left of my screen. Has anyone else...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is a gap between my taskbar and the bottom left of my screen. Has anyone else...: Just got a Dell XPS 15 9520 and noticed that the taskbar has a small gap between itself and the left of the screen see pictures. On the desktop it looks to be slanted but I think that's just because part of the background is black and so it blends, because with a white...
  5. There is a gap between my taskbar and the bottom left of my screen. Has anyone else...

There is a gap between my taskbar and the bottom left of my screen. Has anyone else...: Just got a Dell XPS 15 9520 and noticed that the taskbar has a small gap between itself and the left of the screen see pictures. On the desktop it looks to be slanted but I think that's just because part of the background is black and so it blends, because with a white...
  6. There is a gap between my taskbar and the bottom left of my screen. Has anyone else...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. There is a gap between my taskbar and the bottom left of my screen. Has anyone else...

8. Gap underneath taskbar after windows quality update

Gap underneath taskbar after windows quality update: A couple months ago I went through a routine Windows quality update, and after the update I noticed that there was a small gap between the bottom of my taskbar and the edge of my screen. I can see a thin line where my computer background shows underneath the taskbar, even...
  9. Gap underneath taskbar after windows quality update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gap underneath taskbar after windows quality update: A couple months ago I went through a routine Windows quality update, and after the update I noticed that there was a small gap between the bottom of my taskbar and the edge of my screen. I can see a thin line where my computer background shows underneath the taskbar, even...
  10. Gap between program and taskbar when maximizing program

Gap between program and taskbar when maximizing program: Hi.Not sure if this is linked to a Windows update, but within the last 2 weeks I have started getting a gap between my taskbar and the programs I maximize. This has never been a problem before. See attached picture. Sometimes I can re-start the PC and it is gone but comes...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gap in between taskbar

2. gap in taskbar windows 10

3. gap between language bar and other icons on taskbar

4. gap in task bar,
  5. windows 10 taskbar left side gap between trayclock and screen,
  6. windows 10 remove gaps between taskbar pinned icons