Windows 10: Gap in the taskbar and it pushes my pinned apps to the right making them disappear

Discus and support Gap in the taskbar and it pushes my pinned apps to the right making them disappear in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/INeedADoctor98 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/INeedADoctor98, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Gap in the taskbar and it pushes my pinned apps to the right making them disappear

/u/INeedADoctor98, Jan 3, 2020
  2. ariefcfa Win User

Bitlocker Causes Taskbar Pinned Apps Disappeared

Alright, the problem is the Desktop directory. Rather than force end explorer process which cause another issue, today i found it is better to moved Desktop directory back to C:\Users\username\Desktop and create a symbolic link to keep the desktop files
    secured with Bitlocker.

The steps are:

• Moved back Desktop directory to original location C:\Users\username\Desktop
    • Moved Desktop files to safe location (in this case to D:\username\Desktop)
    • Delete Desktop directory in step-1
    • Create Dekstop directory symbolic link using elevated command prompt:

code:

mklink /D C:\Users\username\Desktop D:\username\Desktop

This way the Taskbar Pinned apps - in my case - not disappeared unlike before.

Thanks

ariefcfa, Jan 3, 2020
  3. PEOPLE app is disappeared from the Taskbar and how to get it back on the Taskbar?

Hi Dale,

Thank you for being part of the Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I suggest you to Repin the People app to the Taskbar and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type People in the search bar.
    • Right click on the People and select Pin to Taskbar option.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jan 3, 2020
  4. Gap in the taskbar and it pushes my pinned apps to the right making them disappear

Gap in Taskbar?

I have exactly the same issue. Win 10 home 64bit. using the stock theme

Gap in the taskbar and it pushes my pinned apps to the right making them disappear [​IMG]

I have no idea how to fix what causes it but I managed to figure out that its an un-named toolbar. if you right click on your taskbar and go to toolbars you will see a blank line under desktop as per this photo.

Gap in the taskbar and it pushes my pinned apps to the right making them disappear [​IMG]

click this blank line and the gap will disappear. it will come back again at some point, I don't know how or why but this is easier than a reinstall.

Hope this helps and someone more knowledgeable than me can find a root cause for it.

eddkawasaki, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

Gap in the taskbar and it pushes my pinned apps to the right making them disappear

1. Gap in the taskbar and it pushes my pinned apps to the right making them disappear - Similar Threads - Gap taskbar pushes

2. Pin a document to my pinned app in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin a document to my pinned app in the taskbar: Hi,under Windows 10 I could drag & drop any file e.g. docx or xlsx to the Word/Excel icon, which is pinned on my taskbar. When righ-clicking on the Excel icon, I could see my pinned Excel files. Same with Word: I saw all my pinned documents. Windows 11 doesn't let me drag &...
  3. Pin a document to my pinned app in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pin a document to my pinned app in the taskbar: Hi,under Windows 10 I could drag & drop any file e.g. docx or xlsx to the Word/Excel icon, which is pinned on my taskbar. When righ-clicking on the Excel icon, I could see my pinned Excel files. Same with Word: I saw all my pinned documents. Windows 11 doesn't let me drag &...
  4. Gap at the top of taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gap at the top of taskbar: So, I recently restarted my computer after an application hang and found my taskbar looking like this.[ATTACH] My icons cannot be dragged above the gap and my taskbar settings have not changed. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  5. Pinned apps disappearing from the taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pinned apps disappearing from the taskbar: Title, really. Some apps are disappearing from the taskbar once closed, even though they´re pinned. Any easy fix for this? Windows 10 home, 20h2, 19042.685 submitted by /u/Easy_Atmosphere5906 [link] [comments]...
  6. Items pinned to Taskbar disappear

Items pinned to Taskbar disappear: Windows 10 Pro 20H2 OS Build 19042.630 Pinned apps Messenger and Skype do not stay pinned to taskbar Re-pinned several times, but disappear after next re-boot Other pinned apps remain pinned, no issues Other apps pinned BEFORE the update remain pinned, no issues All...
  7. Taskbar gap between the pinned apps and the opened apps after the update

Taskbar gap between the pinned apps and the opened apps after the update: As you see in the attached picture there's a gap3 between the pinned apps1 and the opened apps 2 it's really annoying anyway to fix it? it happened after the 27th of may update Please Help thanks in advance : [ATTACH]...
  8. Display is pushed to the right

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display is pushed to the right: My display screen is pushed to the right and I can't get it back to normal. I am running Windows 10. I have an HP monitor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/display-is-pushed-to-the-right/da0ed17f-ec34-43c5-a67d-eb775a23bbbe
  9. Gap in Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Gap in Taskbar?: [img] It usually takes a little while, but at some point this little gap in the taskbar appears and the only way I've ever managed to get rid of it is doing a full reinstall of Windows. Then its usually gone for little while (weeks to months) but then will come back...
  10. Taskbar Right click menus disappear before you can access them

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Right click menus disappear before you can access them: The taskbar has some powerful features that have become almost indispensable. [img] Right click gives you a menu. In the past I've just used my mouse to roll up to the item I need and click to access. NOW if I roll my mouse up to the menu, as soon as I am off the taskbar...