Windows 10: Garbled and illegible BSODs

Discus and support Garbled and illegible BSODs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My system has frozen 3 times in the last week with a screen that looks like this: [img] I assume that it is a BSOD because it is predominantly blue,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ricecrispies, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Garbled and illegible BSODs

My system has frozen 3 times in the last week with a screen that looks like this:
    Garbled and illegible BSODs [​IMG]

I assume that it is a BSOD because it is predominantly blue, but as you can see, it is illegible. Here are the results of the V2 collector: DOUGAL-(2019-08-29_11-24-38).zip I have also done two passes of memtest86, but no memory error was detected. Until last week I had never had a system crash like this before. What is going on?

:)

ricecrispies, Aug 29, 2019
  2. DMK2016 Win User

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and now the titles in my Start menu are garbled and illegible.

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and now the titles in my Start menu are garbled and illegible. I wish I could post a screenshot but I can't read any of the items.

OP - Start Menu is illegible?

DMK2016, Aug 29, 2019
  3. nkaufman Win User
    Garbled Registry Entries

Thanks, will do.

However, the link that you referred to had another link to Microsoft site and it seems that this garbled characters are related to Avast Browser Cleanup that I'd uninstalled recently.

Will still run chkdsk and see.

nkaufman, Aug 29, 2019
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Garbled and illegible BSODs

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

Thema:

Garbled and illegible BSODs

1. Garbled and illegible BSODs - Similar Threads - Garbled illegible BSODs

2. illegal Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    illegal Windows: Hello Microsoft Team.I can not purchase Windows because I'm from a country that the US has embargoed. Can I use Windows illegallywithout purchase?How can i contact Microsoft Team? Please give me Email....
  3. Is this Batchscript illegal

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is this Batchscript illegal: Hello,today I was on Discord And Some people are sending me this batch script:"slmgr/ipk <product_key_That_ends_with_T83GX> slmgr /skms kms.digiboy.ir slmgr /ato "so I know What this script does but is it illegal? Sorry for "<product_key_That_ends_with_T83GX>" but i dont know...
  4. Is this Batchscript illegal

Is this Batchscript illegal: Hello,today I was on Discord And Some people are sending me this batch script:"slmgr/ipk <product_key_That_ends_with_T83GX> slmgr /skms kms.digiboy.ir slmgr /ato "so I know What this script does but is it illegal? Sorry for "<product_key_That_ends_with_T83GX>" but i dont know...
  5. Garbled text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Garbled text: Ok, after the last two updates I'm seeing issues with text. The two main areas I see it happening is when I choose the power options from Windows button in WIN11. Here are some examples.......
  6. Garbled text

Garbled text: Ok, after the last two updates I'm seeing issues with text. The two main areas I see it happening is when I choose the power options from Windows button in WIN11. Here are some examples.......
  7. Is this good or illegal?

Is this good or illegal?: I was looking at Win10 Pro for Workstations in MS Store and clicked install FOR FUN, thinking that the thing would exit because I didn't have a product key, but when I clicked install, I got scared something would happen and closed Store and it's task in Task Manager. But,...
  8. illegible font

in Windows 10 Customization
    illegible font: Hi after iave chenge to dark background my font is not clear and can not see/ invisible how do I change to normal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/illegible-font/ecf11183-d954-4702-8547-e36e6d94352b
  9. IS IT ILLEGAL?

IS IT ILLEGAL?: I am not a legal expert, and would like to know if it is in theory illegal to share (for free) a functional, NOT-ACTIVATED, non-malicious, windows ISO, that has been stripped down to be less hardware intensive with performance tweaks prepared to a friend, considering they...
  10. Garbled text

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Garbled text: In emails or texts, the text appears garbled, or the words do not form completely. This happens in receiving messages, also on FB and other applications. It does NOT happen when composing a message. I'm using Windows 10. Thanks...