Windows 10: Garbled audio in browser (Realktek)

Discus and support Garbled audio in browser (Realktek) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I started having this garbled audio problem where a reboot seemed to fix it before, but now I can't seem to fix it. I'm using my PC's 3.5 mm audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by grusmarco, Feb 22, 2021.

1. grusmarco Win User

Garbled audio in browser (Realktek)

I started having this garbled audio problem where a reboot seemed to fix it before, but now I can't seem to fix it. I'm using my PC's 3.5 mm audio jack. If I go into Sound -> Playback and right-click Test I hear the test sound perfectly, but when I use a browser (chrome, edge, firefox) the sound is garbled and very low volume. The sound may work in the morning and eventually change to the garbled sound later the same day. I'm not sure what's changed to cause this behavior.

I have tried installing:
    Realtek HD Universal Driver Version 6.0.9102.1 Release Date 2021-02-05
    from my motherboard's driver download page (MSI MAG Mortar B550M), but the problem persists.

I have also tried removing the realtek device from device manager and rebooting, which seems to install a non-HD realtek driver, and the problem persists.

I have also tried "Disable all enhancements" in Headphones Properties, as well as disabling "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device".

Windows 10 Pro version 10.0.19042 Build 19042
    Windows Update indicates "You're up to date". There is one optional driver update for Wireless Router Module (my PC doesn't have wireless/bluetooth).

Thanks!

:)

grusmarco, Feb 22, 2021
  2. dhawton Win User

Sudden garbled and distorted audio

Hey guys,

Yesterday I turned on my computer to find that the audio is all garbled and distorted. I've tried both the front and rear audio outputs, and for some reason the rear is slightly better sounding than the front, but they're both having the same issue. I've
    also checked with several pairs of headphones and speakers and it's present across all devices.

I hadn't downloaded anything the previous time the computer was on. I've since updated my Realtek audio drivers but the issue is persisting. I have disabled sound enhancements, as was suggested for people with a similar issue to mine, but it made no difference.

I'm running out of ideas, can anyone suggest an alternative solution?

My PC:

i7-5820K

GTX 980ti

16GB RAM

Windows 10 Education

Thanks

dhawton, Feb 22, 2021
  3. Microphone audio is distorted when I listen to audio playback in Windows but fine in Realktek Audio Manager

Hi Marc,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the sound on your device.

Do let us know the make and model of your device?

I would like to inform that there will be same drivers for audio from motherboard and sound card. Windows will have basic audio drivers for the operating system (Realtek).

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Audio troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Audio options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: Uninstall and Update the driver.

I suggest you to uninstall the existing driver and update it.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      High Definition Audio Device and click on Uninstall.
    • Restart and Windows will re-install the
      IDT High Definition Audio driver

Also, if you find the latest drivers you can install them manually on your device.

Refer to: How
    to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

For further reference:Fix sound problems

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 22, 2021
  4. Garbled audio in browser (Realktek)

garbled audio with Microsoft 10 Pro

Micrsoft 10 pro was automatically updated on my computer on feb. 3. since then audio from all sources is garbled and my computer operates more slowly

Paul Shannon, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

Garbled audio in browser (Realktek)

1. Garbled audio in browser (Realktek) - Similar Threads - Garbled audio browser

2. Windows 11 laptop audio crackling/garbling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 laptop audio crackling/garbling: Hello, I have a laptop here I have on Windows 11 originally Windows 10 and I few weeks ago basically updated all its drivers and such manually by a update amd's site had for it to be up to date for amd app program I have on the laptop and now my audio crackles/garbles and I...
  3. Windows 11 laptop audio crackling/garbling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 laptop audio crackling/garbling: Hello, I have a laptop here I have on Windows 11 originally Windows 10 and I few weeks ago basically updated all its drivers and such manually by a update amd's site had for it to be up to date for amd app program I have on the laptop and now my audio crackles/garbles and I...
  4. Recording garbled audio from USB audio interface

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recording garbled audio from USB audio interface: Every application that I have that can record audio, now sounds like a zoom call where the connection is bad. Playback is normal. Regardless of the program used the results are the same this seems like a driver or OS issue. I can use the same audio interface on my android...
  5. Recording garbled audio from USB audio interface

Recording garbled audio from USB audio interface: Every application that I have that can record audio, now sounds like a zoom call where the connection is bad. Playback is normal. Regardless of the program used the results are the same this seems like a driver or OS issue. I can use the same audio interface on my android...
  6. Windows 11 garbled USB audio--popping and crackling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 garbled USB audio--popping and crackling: For the last couple of weeks I've experienced popping, crackling, and distortion on USB audio. I've used USB audio since Windows 7 with no problem. It happens when playing music. Game audio works fine. Analog audio through the motherboard works fine.I have tried quite a few...
  7. Windows 11 garbled USB audio--popping and crackling

Windows 11 garbled USB audio--popping and crackling: For the last couple of weeks I've experienced popping, crackling, and distortion on USB audio. I've used USB audio since Windows 7 with no problem. It happens when playing music. Game audio works fine. Analog audio through the motherboard works fine.I have tried quite a few...
  8. Garbled Text in browsers - Windows 10 on Mac

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Garbled Text in browsers - Windows 10 on Mac: I have been using W10 on a Mac for about a month. Over the past two days the text in browsers Chrome and Edge was becoming garbled. It started in one or two distinct sections, but started impacting more of the text over time. When text was highlighted, it would display...
  9. garbled audio with Microsoft 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    garbled audio with Microsoft 10 Pro: Micrsoft 10 pro was automatically updated on my computer on feb. 3. since then audio from all sources is garbled and my computer operates more slowly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/garbled-audio-with-microsoft-10-pro/b006dd5e-b374-4934-af7d-09ae36b2cad1
  10. Garbled text

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Garbled text: In emails or texts, the text appears garbled, or the words do not form completely. This happens in receiving messages, also on FB and other applications. It does NOT happen when composing a message. I'm using Windows 10. Thanks...