Windows 10: Garbled Fonts in native app settings? Thoughts on issue?

Discus and support Garbled Fonts in native app settings? Thoughts on issue? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jordan_miller [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jordan_miller, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Garbled Fonts in native app settings? Thoughts on issue?

/u/jordan_miller, Nov 29, 2020
  2. Imposter Win User

Garbled text in Metro UI (Windows Start button) and MS Edge! Unreadable font!

Not sure what you mean by "tool." Just follow the steps. The files to delete are those listed under the temp folder.

Good luck!

Imposter, Nov 29, 2020
  3. NeoSOS Win User
    Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Nov 29, 2020
  4. Garbled Fonts in native app settings? Thoughts on issue?

Setting/changing Fonts for e-mails

Hi Charles,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• In which application are you trying to set the Fonts?
    • How do you want to set the Fonts?
    • Are you trying to set it in Web app or a Desktop app?
    Please provide us more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 29, 2020
Thema:

Garbled Fonts in native app settings? Thoughts on issue?

1. Garbled Fonts in native app settings? Thoughts on issue? - Similar Threads - Garbled Fonts native

2. system Font SEGOE FLUENT display in Windows 11 font manager is garbled with strange wingdings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system Font SEGOE FLUENT display in Windows 11 font manager is garbled with strange wingdings: Look at this screenshot/ when i type something in the example box its all garbled. also the preview box for the font int he previous screen under <fonts> is also garbled. the segmdl font is also garbled. How to fix this? cannot uninstall system font.font cache, font reset...
  3. Font Settings App Crashes After Uninstalling Fonts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Font Settings App Crashes After Uninstalling Fonts: As the subject clearly states, after uninstalling a single font, usually, the font settings app crashes immediately. Sometimes I can uninstall two to three, but 99% of the time it's just the one before crashing. I first went to this discussion;...
  4. Metro UI font is garbled or corrupted or glitchy in Windows 10

Metro UI font is garbled or corrupted or glitchy in Windows 10: Hi forum. I have a laptop where the text on the Windows 10 Metro UI elements Start menu, Windows Settings, Notifications, Lock screen, etc is unreadable. It was working fine for 1-1.5 years, then started to get a bit glitchy. Now it is very glitchy. I spent a few hours...
  5. settings app issue

settings app issue: When I click the windows button and then on settings, a panel opens, with the wheel in the middle and totally blue see picture below. The app doesn't start. I can not access any parameter, but I get there through the control panel [ATTACH]...
  6. Settings App font color

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings App font color: Links in "Settings" take on the same color of the title bar, is there any way to change it? 146146
  7. Native Scan Settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Native Scan Settings: I have an Epson scanner and it has a very nice scan program, but when I launch scanning from another app, it brings up the Windows scanning interface. The default is 100dpi for some reason and I would like to set the default to 300dpi. Is this possible? How can I accomplish...
  8. Windows 10 Fonts Appearing Garbled After Installing Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Fonts Appearing Garbled After Installing Update: Hi, I have an Alienware 17 R5. Some Windows Updates were installed on my device recently, and they seemed to have corrupted my Windows 10 system font. For instance, this is how some Start menu items appear for me. Microsoft Edge's fonts are all messed up as well (note how...
  9. Fonts/Letters missing and/or garbled

Fonts/Letters missing and/or garbled: sorry couldn't think of a better word that garbled. The below is how they look sometimes: Notice the v in loved. the c in rednecks This wasnt something I typed out but it does happen sometimes when I do? Its more an annoyance than anything. Have recently upgraded...
  10. Restore System Native Font

Restore System Native Font: Yesterday I created a font for a Writing System I'm working on, inspired on Segoe UI Regular, the native Windows 10 font, that's why I renamed the font "Segoe_UI_Khrivnivite"; when I was going to install the font I noticed that the text on the font window used the font I...