Windows 10: Garbled microphone after troubleshooting

Discus and support Garbled microphone after troubleshooting in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I purchsed a USB microphone and it worked great. But yesterday I tried recording something and the volume was extremely low. I tried several basic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DawnDrozd, Jan 10, 2021.

1. DawnDrozd Win User

Garbled microphone after troubleshooting

I purchsed a USB microphone and it worked great. But yesterday I tried recording something and the volume was extremely low. I tried several basic steps to get it to recored at louder levels, but nothing worked. Then, I ran the Microsoft Trouble Shooter. It said it didn't find any issues, but now the microphone recordings aren't only low volume, they're completely garbled and muffled. I restored Windows back to the date prior to running the trouble shooter and uninstalled/reinstalled the USB Microphone, but that didn't work.

Here are the details of what I'm using:

Dell Inspiron Model P83G 2018

Windows 10

Microsoft 365 Home

I use the microphone to record training classes and really need it to work. I appreciate any help you can offer.

:)

DawnDrozd, Jan 10, 2021

2. microphone is not working

Hi Junezryaz,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in solving the issue.

I suggest you to run the microphone troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left corner.
    • Click on “Recording Audio” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 10, 2021
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Microphone Issue

Hi
    Mateviar,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, it is possible that the issue is with the
    hardware
    or the
    device
    itself. However, we need to make sure that is the case. To isolate this matter, we have some questions for you:

• Were there any changes made before the issue occurred?

• Have you tried using the microphone to another PC?

• What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We suggest that you run the
    Hardware and Device Troubleshooter. To run the
    Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on
      Hardware and Devices
      to run the
      Troubleshooter.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jan 10, 2021
  4. Garbled microphone after troubleshooting

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

Garbled microphone after troubleshooting

1. Garbled microphone after troubleshooting - Similar Threads - Garbled microphone troubleshooting

2. Microphone troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone troubleshooting: MY MICROPHONE IS NOT WORKING https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-troubleshooting/97dea6a1-155a-4d07-9900-84aaefccbd19
  3. Microphone troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone troubleshooting: MY MICROPHONE IS NOT WORKING https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-troubleshooting/97dea6a1-155a-4d07-9900-84aaefccbd19
  4. Garbled text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Garbled text: Ok, after the last two updates I'm seeing issues with text. The two main areas I see it happening is when I choose the power options from Windows button in WIN11. Here are some examples.......
  5. Garbled text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Garbled text: Ok, after the last two updates I'm seeing issues with text. The two main areas I see it happening is when I choose the power options from Windows button in WIN11. Here are some examples.......
  6. Muffled/garbled sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Muffled/garbled sound: My computer has been putting out garbled sounds for the past couple of months. I thought it was my speakers so I bought new ones. That didn't help. I have a SoundBlaster audio card and I tried different Aux ports in it, which has helped a little, but not really. I just bought...
  7. Troubleshoot microphone problems

Troubleshoot microphone problems: The original post here: https://huntertran.com/2020/11/15/troubleshoot-microphone-problems/ Step by step instruction on how to: Enable/Disable microphone boost your Microphone volume listen to your microphone fix microphone is disabled on a laptop running on battery fix...
  8. Microphone Troubleshooting

Microphone Troubleshooting: Hii There, Hope You're doing well I just purchased a new cheap mic to use for user-testing recordings and I've done my best trying to make it work and couldn't I've Re-Installed The Audio Drivers but nothing worked So I need Your Help to fix this problem This is the...
  9. Garbled text

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Garbled text: In emails or texts, the text appears garbled, or the words do not form completely. This happens in receiving messages, also on FB and other applications. It does NOT happen when composing a message. I'm using Windows 10. Thanks...
  10. Garbled Registry Entries

in Windows 10 Support
    Garbled Registry Entries: Hello, Was looking at registry to make a backup of some entries and saw the following garbled entries. Was wondering what this was all about. Recently, my machine, after latest windows updates, has been having issues waking up after Hibernate. This issue seemed to be...