Windows 10: Garmin device not recognized in Windows 11

Discus and support Garmin device not recognized in Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Garmin Edge 820. When I bring up Garmin Express, it sees there is a new device to install, but when I click to add the device, Garmin Express... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DavidWTilley, Jan 30, 2023.

1. Garmin device not recognized in Windows 11

I have a Garmin Edge 820. When I bring up Garmin Express, it sees there is a new device to install, but when I click to add the device, Garmin Express can't find it. Garmin says they are unable to reproduce the problem. I have tried multiple USB cables and ports. I have uninstalled and re-installed Garmin Express multiple times over. I'm pretty much at my wit's end. Other than wiping the hard drive and doing a clean install of Windows 11, does anyone have any ideas?

:)

DavidWTilley, Jan 30, 2023
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Garmin USB device not recognized - Windows 10

Hi Jewel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This problem occurs because Garmin devices that are formatted with FAT12, FAT16, or FAT32 file systems are not recognized as mass storage devices by a computer or device that’s running Windows 10.

To resolve this, you may follow the suggestions listed in
    Garmin USB devices don't work with Windows

You may install the latest version of Garmin Express from:
    Garmin Express software download

This issue is also documented by Garmin at
    Device is not detected in Windows 10 after updating to the Anniversary update.

Note:

Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Tick ‘Yes’ if you find the answer helpful.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jan 30, 2023
  3. Garmin Nuvi 3597 GPS not recognized by Hp Spectre x360

Same problem others have posted concerning this Garmin device. Spectre x360 Windows 10 OS does not recognize the Garmin as being connected. Three USB 3.0 ports tried, but the Garmin is just getting power from those ports, not data. Garmin worked perfectly
    with our 2010 ASUS desktop Windows 7 OS, but it is presently in for repairs. It has been suggested that the Spectre's USB 3.0 ports are too fast for the Nuvi 3597, that Windows 10 is not stepping down the speed to accommodate the device; therefore, a USB
    2.0 hub is required as a "go-between".......any thoughts or suggestions?

BeckyMuska, Jan 30, 2023
  4. amd62 Win User

Garmin device not recognized in Windows 11

Not detected by USB port - Garmin

Hello

I have a Garmin Forerunner 210 which has been driving me insane. It used to work fine and sync perfectly in the start, however it doesnt anymore.

I am using the Garmin Express program to sync as it is supposted to. However, it cannot detect/add my device. Nor can windows. It doesnt enter Mass storage mode, and disk management doesnt detect it either. However, it just goes into charging mode. Device itself works perfectly and tracks HR/GPS etc., but it is not detected as a storage device by the pc.

Things i've tried.
    - Multiple Pcs with the newest Garmin Express (windows 10)
    - Reinstall/clean install of Garmin Express.
    - Cleaned the watches contacts/connection points etc.
    - Reset/hard reset the watch
    - Garmins suggestion on forcing software mode on the watch. (Turn it off and hold START/STOP while plugging into USB -> Just goes into charging again)

ANY help is appreciated. Comments, suggestions and certainly solutions *Biggrin

amd62, Jan 30, 2023
Thema:

Garmin device not recognized in Windows 11

1. Garmin device not recognized in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Garmin device recognized

2. Garmin device not recognized in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Garmin device not recognized in Windows 11: I have a Garmin Edge 820. When I bring up Garmin Express, it sees there is a new device to install, but when I click to add the device, Garmin Express can't find it. Garmin says they are unable to reproduce the problem. I have tried multiple USB cables and ports. I have...
  3. Garmin device connection issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Garmin device connection issues: I have a Garmin Forerunner 920xt that until recently would connect to my Dell XPS 940 computer running Windows 11. Two days ago I tried to connect the device through a USB cable and got the following errors “Unknown device device descriptor request failed” and “Windows has...
  4. Garmin device connection issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Garmin device connection issues: I have a Garmin Forerunner 920xt that until recently would connect to my Dell XPS 940 computer running Windows 11. Two days ago I tried to connect the device through a USB cable and got the following errors “Unknown device device descriptor request failed” and “Windows has...
  5. Windows 11 not recognizing USB devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not recognizing USB devices: Please can someone help! Since I’ve upgraded to windows 11 myUSB drive does not work! Every time I plug a dongle in for either a mouse and Kay board or a flash drive I get a windows explorer error msg! Windows support have been piddle poor! I’m not able to downgrade back to...
  6. Garmin USB Device not detected or recognized in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Garmin USB Device not detected or recognized in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]In this post, we will talk about different workarounds you can try if Garmin USB Device is not detected or recognized in Windows 11/10. Garmin is a widespread and trusted GPS tracking navigation device available for Windows. It is used to keep an eye on your fitness...
  7. WIN 10 will not recognize my new Garmin GPS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WIN 10 will not recognize my new Garmin GPS: I am trying to download the latest maps from Garmin Express. When I go to connect, the GPS device is not recognized. I have 2 USB ports on my Laptop and all my other devices work fine when connected to these ports. This is the last thing you would expect, especially...
  8. Garmin USB device not recognized - Windows 10

Garmin USB device not recognized - Windows 10: windows cannot find garmin connection via usb port ***Modified title from: windows 10 updates installed for garmin*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/garmin-usb-device-not-recognized-windows-10/c645b81d-89c3-491c-96cc-2aec98c23409
  9. USB ports not recognizing drives, thumbrives or GPSs (Garmin)

USB ports not recognizing drives, thumbrives or GPSs (Garmin): Win 10 is a new adventure for me. Relatively new Dell Inspiron 5555 that I have been running without issue since March. Plug and play two WD portable drives, several memory sticks/SD Cards and two different Garmin GPSs without issue., up until this afternoon. This morning...
  10. Garmin devices in device manager but not showing in explorer.

Garmin devices in device manager but not showing in explorer.: Hi, I upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday and everything works fine apart from this. I have Garmin edge 510 and 200 cycle computers, when plugged into the computer they are seen by windows and show up in device manager under disk drives. (as they should) However they do not...