Windows 10: Garmin devices in device manager but not showing in explorer.

Discus and support Garmin devices in device manager but not showing in explorer. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday and everything works fine apart from this. I have Garmin edge 510 and 200 cycle computers, when plugged into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Alsajosora, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Garmin devices in device manager but not showing in explorer.

Hi,
    I upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday and everything works fine apart from this.
    I have Garmin edge 510 and 200 cycle computers, when plugged into the computer they are seen by windows and show up in device manager under disk drives. (as they should) However they do not show up in explorer and do not launch the options dialogue (play video, open in explorer, view photos etc.) Garmin express doesn't see either device either so I am unable to upload to Garmin's website. I thought it might have been an issue with the USB ports but I have tried four other devices and they all behave as they should and are fully seen/accessible via explorer.
    I have scoured the Garmin forums and no-one else seems to have this issue. I also had exactly the same issue when running the insider preview of Windows 10 so went back to Windows 7 thinking it was just a compatibility issue. I have the latest version of the express software and the same with the USB drivers so am at a loss as to what else to try!!!*Confused

:)

Alsajosora, Jul 29, 2015

2. USB Audio Device showing in Device Manager but not in Playback Devices. Why?

Thank you for replying... I did try that... It did not work... My pc thinks that there is no issue...Thank you again and i hope you can solve my issue

StephanoNaressi, Jul 29, 2015
  3. USB Audio Device showing in Device Manager but not in Playback Devices. Why?

My USB Audio Device is showing on Device manager but it is not showing on Playback devices, The drivers are uptdated... already tried to reboot or re install drivers... Windows says that it is working but it is not showing at Playback devices as i said.

Garmin devices in device manager but not showing in explorer. [​IMG]

StephanoNaressi, Jul 29, 2015
  4. mathieu Win User

Garmin devices in device manager but not showing in explorer.

Hi, I'm having exactly the same problem after upgrading to Windows 10 Pro. I'm trying to connect to my Garmin Edge 810. I have the latest Garmin USB drivers. The Garmin connects to the PC, I can see both the device and the micro-SD card in windows explorer, however Mapsource and Basecamp don't seem to find the device.

Also the garmin communicator plugin in firefox doesn't find the device. (I have installed the plugin for internet explorer, but since then internet explorer crashes every time when opening).

I also don't have any clue at what to do next...

mathieu, Aug 3, 2015
  5. Alsajosora, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Garmin devices in device manager but not showing in explorer.

1. Garmin devices in device manager but not showing in explorer. - Similar Threads - Garmin devices device

2. Hard drive no longer in explorer, shows in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive no longer in explorer, shows in device manager: So their was a windows 10 update last night. Updated and turned my PC off and went to bed. Turned on PC today to game a little before I go to a wedding. Now its missing in 'my computer' but shows up in device manager as working fine? Also the storage has shrunk massively! I...
  3. Hard drive no longer in explorer, shows in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard drive no longer in explorer, shows in device manager: So their was a windows 10 update last night. Updated and turned my PC off and went to bed. Turned on PC today to game a little before I go to a wedding. Now its missing in 'my computer' but shows up in device manager as working fine? Also the storage has shrunk massively! I...
  4. Garmin device connection issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Garmin device connection issues: I have a Garmin Forerunner 920xt that until recently would connect to my Dell XPS 940 computer running Windows 11. Two days ago I tried to connect the device through a USB cable and got the following errors “Unknown device device descriptor request failed” and “Windows has...
  5. Garmin device connection issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Garmin device connection issues: I have a Garmin Forerunner 920xt that until recently would connect to my Dell XPS 940 computer running Windows 11. Two days ago I tried to connect the device through a USB cable and got the following errors “Unknown device device descriptor request failed” and “Windows has...
  6. Drive D not showing in explorer or device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive D not showing in explorer or device manager: Yesterday night I started some updates for windows and left them over night. Today I turn on my laptop and all the stuff on drive d is gone. My whole drive was gone. It isn't showing up in the explorer, device manager and it isn't even showing up in the bios. However it shows...
  7. Drive D not showing in explorer, device manager or disk management

Drive D not showing in explorer, device manager or disk management: Yesterday night I started some updates for windows and left them over night. Today I turn on my laptop and all the stuff on drive d is gone. My whole drive was gone. It isn't showing up in the explorer, disk manager, device manager and it isn't even showing up in the bios. I...
  8. Floppy drive not showing in Explorer Device Manager or Disk Management

Floppy drive not showing in Explorer Device Manager or Disk Management: The floppy disk controller shows in Device Manager, but not the drive. The BIOS sees the drive and the drive was chosen in the BIOS and the controller was turned on in the BIOS. I tried to install the floppy drive manually in Add Hardware, but there isn't a listing for it....
  9. Device Manager shows > Other devices> Unknown Device

Device Manager shows > Other devices> Unknown Device: I noticed a few days ago that Device Manager was showing an unknown Device, and I'm not sure how to correct that. I was thinking of deleting it, but that I should ask on the forum first. My system seems to be running ok save for my running slow when opening programs, but I've...
  10. Device manager not showing all devices

Device manager not showing all devices: portable disc drive is not found in device manager. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/device-manager-not-showing-all-devices/8c0fc3ff-a856-48a1-97bb-b20c106d8bd5

Users found this page by searching for:

1. garmin not showing in explorer

2. garmin basecamp device says connected but not showing up