Windows 10: Garmin maps

Discus and support Garmin maps in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I can't install my Garmin maps on my new Windows 10 PC. Worked fine on my old PC. Garmin installer says there is a problem with .NET. I've run .NET... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SPB Woodside, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Garmin maps

I can't install my Garmin maps on my new Windows 10 PC. Worked fine on my old PC. Garmin installer says there is a problem with .NET. I've run .NET repair tool. No luck.

:)

SPB Woodside, Oct 21, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

GPS garmin 600

Was trying to decipher... are you looking for maps of Nepal for the Garmin 600 series GPS?

Sasqui, Oct 21, 2019
  3. Garmin Map

Contact Garmin its their map after all .

You normally buy the software and maps and get instructions from Garmin .

jje

jjegan---01, Oct 21, 2019
  4. hitoya Win User

Garmin maps

Ovi map and Garmin Mobile XT

Just bought a 5800 XpressMusic. I installed Garmin Mobile XT in 5800 and used both Ovi map and Garmin Mobile XT. Let them run together and individually.

1) OVI has better voice guidance and lane assist.

2) OVI routing algorithm is a lot worse than Garmin Mobile XT no matter what routing method is used.

3) OVI user interface has a lot to be improved.

In summary, if I need to visit a unfamiliar area, I am afraid of using OVI map simply because of its routing algorithm. To make OVI map really useful, the routing algorithm got to be modified to be competitive with Google map/Nexus One. I suggest that Nokia
    engineers employ both Garmin Mobile XT and OVI map for comparison.

hitoya, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

Garmin maps

1. Garmin maps - Similar Threads - Garmin maps

2. When hovering the cursor over text, the text disappears Garmin Basecamp Database

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When hovering the cursor over text, the text disappears Garmin Basecamp Database: Setup: Lenovo E14 Win11, running for 1,2weeks after purchaseGarmin Basecamp was working for this time properlySuddenly without a special event / correlation when hovering the cursor over text, the text disappears in Basecamp databaseWhen switching to another task and back to...
  3. When hovering the cursor over text, the text disappears Garmin Basecamp Database

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When hovering the cursor over text, the text disappears Garmin Basecamp Database: Setup: Lenovo E14 Win11, running for 1,2weeks after purchaseGarmin Basecamp was working for this time properlySuddenly without a special event / correlation when hovering the cursor over text, the text disappears in Basecamp databaseWhen switching to another task and back to...
  4. When I try to open Garmin Basecamp I get an error say MSVCP120.DLL is missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I try to open Garmin Basecamp I get an error say MSVCP120.DLL is missing.: I have replaced the file and reinstalled basecamp and the C++ update but nothing works. I have a Lenovo Yoga running Win 10 64. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-open-garmin-basecamp-i-get-an-error/d1f789fa-6914-4e00-a4d3-df13c05ffa65
  5. When I try to open Garmin Basecamp I get an error say MSVCP120.DLL is missing.

When I try to open Garmin Basecamp I get an error say MSVCP120.DLL is missing.: I have replaced the file and reinstalled basecamp and the C++ update but nothing works. I have a Lenovo Yoga running Win 10 64. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-open-garmin-basecamp-i-get-an-error/d1f789fa-6914-4e00-a4d3-df13c05ffa65
  6. When I try to open Garmin Basecamp I get an error say MSVCP120.DLL is missing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. I could not install Garmin Express until I found this solution

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I could not install Garmin Express until I found this solution: I have a Dell personal laptop running Windows 10 PRO. I could not run or install the latest version until I switched users to my Administrator account. I installed Garmin Express without any problems and updated my nuvi 50 that I purchases with updates.Creating your...
  8. I could not install Garmin Express until I found this solution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I could not install Garmin Express until I found this solution: I have a Dell personal laptop running Windows 10 PRO. I could not run or install the latest version until I switched users to my Administrator account. I installed Garmin Express without any problems and updated my nuvi 50 that I purchases with updates.Creating your...
  9. I could not install Garmin Express until I found this solution

10. Garmin Express will not update

Garmin Express will not update: While attempting to update my Garmin GPS maps, the Garmin Express app that facilitates the installation states that an update to the app is required. When I try to update it, I continually get the message, "Install failed. Garmin Express could not be installed on this...