Windows 10: Garmin MTP driver fails to install window 10

Discus and support Garmin MTP driver fails to install window 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My PC doesn't see my Garmin (Zumo 396) device when plugged into usb. Window 10 Home Version 1709 Digging around i found a driver install issue.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by esheufelt, Jul 11, 2019.

1. esheufelt Win User

Garmin MTP driver fails to install window 10

My PC doesn't see my Garmin (Zumo 396) device when plugged into usb.

Window 10 Home Version 1709

Digging around i found a driver install issue. Here's the message i get.

Device USB\VID_091E&PID_4BD9\0000ee3a96f5 requires further installation

Event log below.

Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP
    Date: 7/10/2019 10:06:31 PM
    Event ID: 430
    Task Category: None
    Level: Information
    Keywords:
    User: SYSTEM
    Computer: Desktop-Family
    Description:
    Device USB\VID_091E&PID_4BD9\0000ee3a96f5 requires further installation.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP" Guid="{9C205A39-1250-487D-ABD7-E831C6290539}" />
    <EventID>430</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>4</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x4000000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-07-11T05:06:31.985492800Z" />
    <EventRecordID>1365</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="2232" />
    <Channel>Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration</Channel>
    <Computer>Desktop-Family</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data Name="DeviceInstanceId">USB\VID_091E&amp;PID_4BD9\0000ee3a96f5</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

I tried a manual driver install from Garmin but that didn't solve it.

:)

esheufelt, Jul 11, 2019
  2. Cole_538 Win User

USB (MTP) not working, driver not installing

I've been trying to connect my Lenovo K3 Note (Android 5.0.2) via USB (MTP). The drivers fail to install with windows update. The error shows as "Microsoft - Other hardware - MTP Device - Error 0x800f0217."

Things I've done to try and fix the issue (not in order):

• Installed Windows Media Feature Pack (KB3010081) and (KB3099229). As suggested on this Superuser.com thread.
    • Updated USB drivers
    • Enabled USB debugging mode on the device
    • Used the troubleshooter. Returned "Unknown device doesn't have a driver"
    • Reset the PC
    • Plugged into different USB ports

I've hit a brick wall. My phone has worked fine over USB before. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Cole_538, Jul 11, 2019
  3. MTP driver fails to install on Nokia X6

At this stage I think the answer lies deep within windows and it's registry. I don't know enough about windows to give you step by step help.

I think the best option at the moment would be to visit a windows forum and ask an expert how to completely remove the failed MTP driver.

Then start fresh with the phone in MTP mode.

psychomania---01, Jul 11, 2019
  4. Ch863 Win User

MTP Driver Error when trying to update or reinstall (Windows 10)

I had the same issue with Windows 10 1607, Windows correctly installed the MTP driver for my phone the first time I plugged it in, then failed to recognize the phone the next times I plugged it in using the MTP protocol. Seems it's a bug with Windows 10,
    if you google "Windows 10" MTP android limiting the search to the past month you'll find a bunch of people with the same issue.

Try to manually install the MTP USB Device driver see if that fixes the issue for you too.

Right click on your phone (should be in Portable Devices) in the Device manager, on the driver tab click "Update Driver..." On the "update Driver Software" window select "Browse my computer for driver software" on the next windows select "Let me pick from
    a list of device drivers on my computer" then in the list of compatible hardware devices, select "MTP USB Device" click next and your phone should be working again.

If you don't see MTP USB device in the list of compatible hardware, manually install the MTP USB device using the Add legacy hardware wizard. (Add legacy hardware -> Install the hardware that I manually select from the list (Advanced) -> in the list select
    "Portable Device" -> in the next list pick "MTP USB Device" then install it. Once it's installed redo the steps I gave you in the previous paragraph, the "MTP USB Device" should be showing now in the list of compatible hardware.

Cheers~

Ch863, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Garmin MTP driver fails to install window 10 - Similar Threads - Garmin MTP driver

2. MTP USB device driver failed to install on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    MTP USB device driver failed to install on Windows 10: [IMG]MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) is a communication protocol that is used to transfer the media and other files between two portable devices or between a computer and a smartphone. To use this communication protocol, you need to install an MTP device driver on your...
  3. Windows 10 install wrong driver for MTP device by default

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 install wrong driver for MTP device by default: So here is the thing - anytime I connecting new MTP device or to new USB controller system install wrong driver and I have to manually reinstall it. In device manager its shown with error "This device is not configured correctly. Code 1". It may not be so big of a problem if...
  4. Problems occurs in installing mtp drivers.

Problems occurs in installing mtp drivers.: Hello, I had been trying installing/updating mtp driver from device manager and the problem appears to be like this:- Windows found drivers for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install them.The install class is not present or is invalid. So, anyone...
  5. mtp usb driver

mtp usb driver: Hi . May someone help me thrue fixing usb drivers ? Im runnung on windows 10 pro / os build 10.0.18363.836 / ver 1909 I have tried all possible solutions and nothing get fixed..! All i need is to connect my android phone to my laptop thrue mtp ... Many thanks...
  6. Windows 10 not allowing MTP to install

Windows 10 not allowing MTP to install: Hello, I have been going through several trials of solutions and nothing working to connect my Samsung Galaxy S7 phone via USB. I am trying to install the USB driver as an MTP device, however when I go to device manager and try to update my device as an MTP device the...
  7. windows 10 updates installed for garmin

windows 10 updates installed for garmin: windows cannot find garmin connection via usb port https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-updates-installed-for-garmin/c645b81d-89c3-491c-96cc-2aec98c23409
  8. windows 10 updates installed for garmin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 updates installed for garmin: windows cannot find garmin connection via usb port https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-updates-installed-for-garmin/c645b81d-89c3-491c-96cc-2aec98c23409
  9. USB (MTP) not working, driver not installing

USB (MTP) not working, driver not installing: I try the different methods mentioned in discussions. (Dont know how to add to that discussion) 1) doing update automatically and manually 2) use C:\window\inf 3) I try to do a clean boot and use the methods above. Same problem/message. None worked. MTP driver...
  10. MTP driver error

MTP driver error: Hi, My LGV20 is working perfectly and is recognized by other computers. I go to Microsoft Page and download the MTP driver. I go to LG Page and install the universal USB LG mobile phone driver, and it says that I don't have the MTP driver installed. I have spoken to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. garmin mtp usb device

2. garmin nuvi 3450 not found windows

3. garmin express usb not recognized windows 10