Windows 10: garmin update

Discus and support garmin update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; computer does not recognize connection via usb port... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jewelwilliams, Dec 5, 2018.

1. garmin update

computer does not recognize connection via usb port

:)

jewelwilliams, Dec 5, 2018

2. Not detected by USB port - Garmin

Since it failed on many PC's, probably not the PC itself
    • Have you tried different USB 2.0 ports and on different machines. Some devices do better with 2.0 (even tho 3.0 is supposed to be backward compatible)
    • Tried a different USB cable?
    • Do you know if there's ever (how recent?) there's been a firmware update to your Garmin and can you see what version it runs? (I'd guess the Garmin tool on the PC would manage/report on this if any info to be found). Check with Garmin if more recent? Or if you think problem may have started after an update if you can downgrade the firmware?

ComputerGeek, Dec 5, 2018
  3. amd62 Win User
    Not detected by USB port - Garmin

Hello

I have a Garmin Forerunner 210 which has been driving me insane. It used to work fine and sync perfectly in the start, however it doesnt anymore.

I am using the Garmin Express program to sync as it is supposted to. However, it cannot detect/add my device. Nor can windows. It doesnt enter Mass storage mode, and disk management doesnt detect it either. However, it just goes into charging mode. Device itself works perfectly and tracks HR/GPS etc., but it is not detected as a storage device by the pc.

Things i've tried.
    - Multiple Pcs with the newest Garmin Express (windows 10)
    - Reinstall/clean install of Garmin Express.
    - Cleaned the watches contacts/connection points etc.
    - Reset/hard reset the watch
    - Garmins suggestion on forcing software mode on the watch. (Turn it off and hold START/STOP while plugging into USB -> Just goes into charging again)

ANY help is appreciated. Comments, suggestions and certainly solutions *Biggrin

amd62, Dec 5, 2018
  4. garmin update

Garmin Connection Issue

Thanks for the response. I have tried all the suggestions from NC and nothing worked.

In frustration, I checked out the Devices and Printers, then checked properties, of the USB Mass Storage then " Hardware" where the "Garmin garmin Flash USB Device" was listed. I then highlighted it and clicked on properties which showed "the device is
    working properly". Having remembered that the device showed up in Device Manager as "Disk Drives" under which it was listed again as "garmin GARMIN Flash USB Device" , I selected the "Change Device Settings" tab and under device type there were two listings
    - System Reflection Flash Boot and Disk Drive. I selected disk drive and then OK upon which the Hardware listing changed and an addition of Garmin - Portable Device showed up.

This now produced a pop up window which showed my Garmin Edge device and asked what to do with unknown device and upon closing this window, Garmin Express opened and everything is now working properly.

I hope this information helps others who are searching for a resolution to windows 10 issues with Garmin connections and incorrect windows settings.

Issued Solved.

DarrellDuncan, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

garmin update

1. garmin update - Similar Threads - garmin update

2. Garmin Express will not update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Garmin Express will not update: While attempting to update my Garmin GPS maps, the Garmin Express app that facilitates the installation states that an update to the app is required. When I try to update it, I continually get the message, "Install failed. Garmin Express could not be installed on this...
  3. Garmin Express will not update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Garmin Express will not update: While attempting to update my Garmin GPS maps, the Garmin Express app that facilitates the installation states that an update to the app is required. When I try to update it, I continually get the message, "Install failed. Garmin Express could not be installed on this...
  4. I need to update my Garmin GPS but I have Windows 11s and it won't allow me to install the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to update my Garmin GPS but I have Windows 11s and it won't allow me to install the...: How do I install an app Garmin Express that is not available at the app store? I desperately need to update my GPS before I take a long trip....
  5. I need to update my Garmin GPS but I have Windows 11s and it won't allow me to install the...

I need to update my Garmin GPS but I have Windows 11s and it won't allow me to install the...: How do I install an app Garmin Express that is not available at the app store? I desperately need to update my GPS before I take a long trip....
  6. Garmin update on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Garmin update on Windows 10: I tried to update the Garmin GPS and it went well. The issue is I think it downloaded, but it won't open up. My computer says everything is updated and I have all kinds of disc space. Anyone figure out what to do to get this to open up? I tried to use the GPS in the vehicle,...
  7. Garmin update on Windows 10

Garmin update on Windows 10: I tried to update the Garmin GPS and it went well. The issue is I think it downloaded, but it won't open up. My computer says everything is updated and I have all kinds of disc space. Anyone figure out what to do to get this to open up? I tried to use the GPS in the vehicle,...
  8. Garmin update on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Error "express installer.msi is missing" when updating Garmin Express

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error "express installer.msi is missing" when updating Garmin Express: I was trying to update Garmin Express, but I get a message saying expressinstaller.msi is missing. Garmin Express worked until I backed up a Windows version update... then the Garmin icon disappeared on the desktop icon and displayed what looked like a blank page. I tried...
  10. Windows 10 can't find my Garmin device since update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 can't find my Garmin device since update: I've never had problems updating my Garmin maps and software but now with Windows 10 it won't recognize my device so I can't update! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-cant-find-my-garmin-device-since-update/83e83612-19d4-43ae-87ae-fc8f506f66a8

Users found this page by searching for:

1. garmin nuvi not recognised windows 10

2. win 10 mobile which version is better for garmin c0onnect

3. win 10 not recgnising garmin nuvi 2569-lmt-d

4. garmin windows 10 mobile