Windows 10: Garmin watch

Discus and support Garmin watch in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Yesterday I connected my Garmin watch to my laptop and everything worked fine. Today, my laptop says do not recognise device ?? On windows 10. What... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by johnnychin18, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Garmin watch

Yesterday I connected my Garmin watch to my laptop and everything worked fine. Today, my laptop says do not recognise device ?? On windows 10.

What is going on ?

Downloaded latest version of Garmin Express as suggested. Cannot detect device -keeps coming back to Windows 10 ? but it worked fine yesterday ???

:)

johnnychin18, Jan 14, 2021
  2. amd62 Win User

Not detected by USB port - Garmin

Hello

I have a Garmin Forerunner 210 which has been driving me insane. It used to work fine and sync perfectly in the start, however it doesnt anymore.

I am using the Garmin Express program to sync as it is supposted to. However, it cannot detect/add my device. Nor can windows. It doesnt enter Mass storage mode, and disk management doesnt detect it either. However, it just goes into charging mode. Device itself works perfectly and tracks HR/GPS etc., but it is not detected as a storage device by the pc.

Things i've tried.
    - Multiple Pcs with the newest Garmin Express (windows 10)
    - Reinstall/clean install of Garmin Express.
    - Cleaned the watches contacts/connection points etc.
    - Reset/hard reset the watch
    - Garmins suggestion on forcing software mode on the watch. (Turn it off and hold START/STOP while plugging into USB -> Just goes into charging again)

ANY help is appreciated. Comments, suggestions and certainly solutions *Biggrin

amd62, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Zlatko980 Win User
    Nokia Lumia 830 and watch Garmin Epix

When I try connecting with Bluetooth watch Garmin Epix and Nokia Lumia 830 wp10, watch very quickly freezing. Nokia Lumia 830 is on Garmin list of compatible mobile phones who should work with Garmin Epix. I doubt that my wp10 is missing some update or
    this update is not given for my region (Croatia). My question is for Microsoft - can you doo something about this problem. Before I have android phone and watch worked fine with him.

Zlatko980, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Garmin watch

Not detected by USB port - Garmin

Since it failed on many PC's, probably not the PC itself
    • Have you tried different USB 2.0 ports and on different machines. Some devices do better with 2.0 (even tho 3.0 is supposed to be backward compatible)
    • Tried a different USB cable?
    • Do you know if there's ever (how recent?) there's been a firmware update to your Garmin and can you see what version it runs? (I'd guess the Garmin tool on the PC would manage/report on this if any info to be found). Check with Garmin if more recent? Or if you think problem may have started after an update if you can downgrade the firmware?

ComputerGeek, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

Garmin watch

1. Garmin watch - Similar Threads - Garmin watch

2. When hovering the cursor over text, the text disappears Garmin Basecamp Database

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When hovering the cursor over text, the text disappears Garmin Basecamp Database: Setup: Lenovo E14 Win11, running for 1,2weeks after purchaseGarmin Basecamp was working for this time properlySuddenly without a special event / correlation when hovering the cursor over text, the text disappears in Basecamp databaseWhen switching to another task and back to...
  3. When hovering the cursor over text, the text disappears Garmin Basecamp Database

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When hovering the cursor over text, the text disappears Garmin Basecamp Database: Setup: Lenovo E14 Win11, running for 1,2weeks after purchaseGarmin Basecamp was working for this time properlySuddenly without a special event / correlation when hovering the cursor over text, the text disappears in Basecamp databaseWhen switching to another task and back to...
  4. When I try to open Garmin Basecamp I get an error say MSVCP120.DLL is missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I try to open Garmin Basecamp I get an error say MSVCP120.DLL is missing.: I have replaced the file and reinstalled basecamp and the C++ update but nothing works. I have a Lenovo Yoga running Win 10 64. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-open-garmin-basecamp-i-get-an-error/d1f789fa-6914-4e00-a4d3-df13c05ffa65
  5. When I try to open Garmin Basecamp I get an error say MSVCP120.DLL is missing.

When I try to open Garmin Basecamp I get an error say MSVCP120.DLL is missing.: I have replaced the file and reinstalled basecamp and the C++ update but nothing works. I have a Lenovo Yoga running Win 10 64. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-open-garmin-basecamp-i-get-an-error/d1f789fa-6914-4e00-a4d3-df13c05ffa65
  6. When I try to open Garmin Basecamp I get an error say MSVCP120.DLL is missing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. I could not install Garmin Express until I found this solution

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I could not install Garmin Express until I found this solution: I have a Dell personal laptop running Windows 10 PRO. I could not run or install the latest version until I switched users to my Administrator account. I installed Garmin Express without any problems and updated my nuvi 50 that I purchases with updates.Creating your...
  8. I could not install Garmin Express until I found this solution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I could not install Garmin Express until I found this solution: I have a Dell personal laptop running Windows 10 PRO. I could not run or install the latest version until I switched users to my Administrator account. I installed Garmin Express without any problems and updated my nuvi 50 that I purchases with updates.Creating your...
  9. I could not install Garmin Express until I found this solution

10. Garmin Express will not update

Garmin Express will not update: While attempting to update my Garmin GPS maps, the Garmin Express app that facilitates the installation states that an update to the app is required. When I try to update it, I continually get the message, "Install failed. Garmin Express could not be installed on this...