Windows 10: Gateway Address not found

Discus and support Gateway Address not found in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We have a new laptop that believe is very powerful. It has Windows 10. A few days ago, I tried to login to it and tried to access the internet. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lou Reed, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Lou Reed Win User

Gateway Address not found

We have a new laptop that believe is very powerful. It has Windows 10.

A few days ago, I tried to login to it and tried to access the internet. I could login, but I could not access the internet. It seems I just could not get out on the internet.

I used the Windows 10 troubleshooting software and it gave me the reason:

default gateway address not found

I know that this is a common problem with Windows 10. How do i fix it?

I really want to get on the internet, but this software glitch will not let me.

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Respectfully,

:)

Lou Reed, Aug 9, 2019
  2. t_ski Win User

Great White Bengal

basic troubleshooting for network:

1. open a command window and type "ipconfig /all"
    2. record the ip address of the network card and your gateway (usually 192.168.1.1)
    3. in the same command window ping the loopback address (127.0.0.1 - checks the networking ability of the system before the NIC). If this works, go to the next step.
    4. in the same command window ping the ip address of the network card (checks the networking ability of the NIC). If this works, go to the next step.
    5. in the same command window ping the gateway address (again, usually 192.168.1.1 - checks the network from the PC to the gateway). If this works, go to the next step.
    6. in the same command window ping the address 74.125.225.72 (this is an address for google.com - checks the network from the PC oout to the internet). If this works, go to the next step.
    7. in the same command window ping google.com (checks DNS).

If this stops anywhere in the process, that's where your issue lies, and you can start troubleshooting at that point.

t_ski, Aug 9, 2019
  3. WBBarnett Win User
    "No Internet Access" on Ethernet and Wireless - Windows 10

Steps taken to resolve:

• Downloaded from Realtek and installed Windows 10 driver for Realtek PCIe FE Family device
    • reset winsock and ip4 and ip6.
    • reset DNS cache
    • forced media connection by changing ip4 to fixed ip address, gateway, and dns server. Able to ping other devices on network - including gateway, but could not connect to internet. Diagnose unable to find issue with connection.
      • "ipconfig /release" message is "no operation can be performed on (adapter name) while it has its media disconnected."
    • when using DHCP, do not receive response from default gateway, so ipconfig has strange addresses. Diagnose returns:
      • "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP configuration.
    • all other computers on network able to use DHCP for addresses.

trudging through topics on tech forum(s) to find other solutions. Need suggestions on resolution.

WBBarnett, Aug 9, 2019
  4. Gateway Address not found

Limited Connectivity Win 10 (Deafult Gateway Not Avaliable)

Hi John,

This could be an issue with the network configuration for the Ethernet connection on the computer due to incorrect gateway setting as compared to the default gateway.

Is there any third party security software installed on the computer?

Check for the network IP and compare it to the default gateway IP. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows and R key and type cmd. Hit Enter. Type “ipconfig/all” without quotes and hit
      Enter.

• Check if the default gateway IP and the network IP (IPV4 or more appropriately IPV6). (Refer to the description provided above in context of the IP matchup).

To troubleshoot the issue further, I would suggest you to run the network troubleshooter and check if it finds and fixes any issues with the network settings. Follow the methods:

Method 1: Reset the IP configuration and check if it fixes the issue for us. Follow the steps:

• PressWindows and R key together and type cmd. HitEnter.

• Type the following commands and hit Enter:

netsh winsock reset

netsh winsock reset catalog

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

netsh int ip stop

netsh int ip start

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the updated status. We’ll be glad to assist you further.

SujataMoktan, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

Gateway Address not found

1. Gateway Address not found - Similar Threads - Gateway Address found

2. Auto fetching DNS & Gateway IP address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto fetching DNS & Gateway IP address: Team,When users connect from home they connect to their respective wireless network & they are able to connect to internet accordingly however after connecting at home, in case they come & connect to wireless network in office it is not getting connected to the wireless...
  3. Auto fetching DNS & Gateway IP address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Auto fetching DNS & Gateway IP address: Team,When users connect from home they connect to their respective wireless network & they are able to connect to internet accordingly however after connecting at home, in case they come & connect to wireless network in office it is not getting connected to the wireless...
  4. Auto fetching DNS & Gateway IP address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Changing IP address of Gateway Max Modem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing IP address of Gateway Max Modem: I have a Telstra Smart Modem and a Gateway Max modem. I want to use the Gateway as a wi-if extender but both have the same IP address so I cannot change the Gateway to Bridge mode I believe that is what I must do. How can I access the Gateway to change that and the IP address...
  6. Changing IP address of Gateway Max Modem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing IP address of Gateway Max Modem: I have a Telstra Smart Modem and a Gateway Max modem. I want to use the Gateway as a wi-if extender but both have the same IP address so I cannot change the Gateway to Bridge mode I believe that is what I must do. How can I access the Gateway to change that and the IP address...
  7. Changing IP address of Gateway Max Modem

8. Can't ping default gateway IP address

Can't ping default gateway IP address: The client can’t access the internet. For troubleshooting, we ask her to ping default gateway, for example, ping 192.168.1.254. She gets general failure. What we have done:1. run netsh to enable autoconfig,Restart the computer.2. Run netsh to delete arp, for exampleRestart...
  9. "ip address not found" hits

"ip address not found" hits: Operating environment: ThinkPad T470, W10Pro64 updated, i5-7300 2.60GHz, 16GB, 1TB SSD. Getting "ip address not found" hits on various sites e.g. quora.com, mcmaster.com, adobe.com, microsoft.com over recently-installed Xfinity Wi-Fi. Xfinity tech already evaluated....
  10. Keep getting Default Gateway not found error

Keep getting Default Gateway not found error: Hi, I moved in to the new apartment and since the Wifi reception wasn't so great I asked the landlord to install a Fritz Repeater 600. Now I get the signals but every 5 mins I drop connection to the internet due to Default Gateway not found error. That never happened to me...