Windows 10: Gateway Device Fast Lane

Discus and support Gateway Device Fast Lane in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After updating Windows 10 I cant locate Gateway Device Fast Lane. How do I get it back?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DebbieMurphy1, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Gateway Device Fast Lane

After updating Windows 10 I cant locate Gateway Device Fast Lane. How do I get it back?

:)

DebbieMurphy1, Aug 22, 2018
  2. Darksaber Win User

Gateway puts tracking device into laptops

Manufacturers have to do everything these days to stand out of the crowd. Gateway will now be putting a tracking device into the M250, M460 & M680 laptops. With the device, laptops can be traced and found, once stolen. The service will cost customers $99 for a three year coverage. If the laptop is not found within 60 days upon activation of the tracking device, the owner of the notebook may get up to $1,000 back.

More details at News.com.

Darksaber, Aug 22, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Gateway Device Fast Lane :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 22, 2018
  4. Gateway Device Fast Lane

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    • Select or click Ease of Access.
    • Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    • Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    • Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    • In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    • Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    • In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    • In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

Gateway Device Fast Lane

1. Gateway Device Fast Lane - Similar Threads - Gateway Device Fast

2. Gateway laptop stuck on gateway screen help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gateway laptop stuck on gateway screen help: My Gateway laptop was running on windows 10. Windows ran some updates. Its now unable to get passed the Gateway screen.In bios I tried disabling csm supportdisabling secure boot modechanging the boot order to prioritize the usbI have tried using windows 10 creating bootable...
  3. Microsoft adds Fast Lane option to Windows Update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft adds Fast Lane option to Windows Update: Microsoft released the latest preview update for Windows 11 version 22H2 a moment ago. These preview updates include the majority of non-security updates of the upcoming month's cumulative update early. Microsoft does this to get early feedback on the fixes. Windows system...
  4. Windows Insider Preview Build Fast Lane 12/12/18

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Insider Preview Build Fast Lane 12/12/18: I downloaded the Windows Preview Build fast lane this morning Dec 22, 2018 to my Toshiba Satellite laptop with Intel i3 cpu and 6gb memory. My computer was fine until the install required a restart. I restarted my computer and it is stuck at the logo screen. I cut off the...
  5. Changing to Windows Insider slow lane

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing to Windows Insider slow lane: I have had frequent problems with fast lane builds so that with my present 18282, I have switched to the slow lane. Now at startup, I get the following message, "this build of Windows will expire soon". "Your build of Windows will expire on 14/12/2018 You should move to a...
  6. Z370 Aorus Gaming Wifi PCIE lanes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Z370 Aorus Gaming Wifi PCIE lanes: Hi guys! A quick question. I have a Z370 Gaming Wifi motherboard and I have 2 SSDs, 3 HDDs and an Optane drive installed. I'm planning to purchase a NVME drive to place on the 2nd M.2 slot (bottom slot) but I would like to clarify if it will read the NVME with no problem....
  7. Laptop wifi slow, very fast at work, other devices are fast at home

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop wifi slow, very fast at work, other devices are fast at home: Ever since upgrading to Windows 10, my Lenovo laptop has experienced paralyzingly-slow home WiFi performance. To test if it was my ISP or laptop, I looked at my wife's laptop in a performance test at the same distance away from my router, with all other home devices on...
  8. Default Gateway Not Available

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default Gateway Not Available: I have been having this problem for months now... every time I attempt transfer a large amount of data between my computers, one or both of the machines lose their network connection and windows does the "Default Gateway is not available thing" I have looked online and...
  9. Stuck in slow lane

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in slow lane: If I go to Windows Update and click on 'Advanced Options' it shows that I am in the 'Slow' lane. I can change this to 'Fast', but if I leave this page and then return it just show 'Slow' again. I don't get build 10130 There is a line in red at the top which reads 'Some...
  10. Microsoft issues fix for Lumia phones bricked by Windows 10 Fast lane

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft issues fix for Lumia phones bricked by Windows 10 Fast lane: Microsoft has released a possible fix for low-end Lumia smartphones that have been bricked after installing an early Windows 10 preview build. It seems a shortage of memory in the Lumia 520 and Lumia 525 is behind the bricking of some of the units, after owners installed a...