Windows 10: Gateway Login password not working

Discus and support Gateway Login password not working in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have had this Gateway computer for a long time and have logged in with the same password forever. I have run the windows update on the laptop and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Cynthia Harvill, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Gateway Login password not working

I have had this Gateway computer for a long time and have logged in with the same password forever. I have run the windows update on the laptop and have not changed anything else but today I was not able to use my password so I tried to reset password and it requested a usb drive to change the password I tried to start it in Safe Mode and it keeps taking me back to the login page, I have tried the shut down and restart many times not working. I need to get on that laptop it has all my information on it,

:)

Cynthia Harvill, Mar 11, 2021

2. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Mar 11, 2021
  3. donnyb Win User
    No login password craziness

Brink, that was the missing step. What threw me off was in netplwiz, where it asks about password for my MS account, the user name was not the same as my MS account name. Once I entered the password (twice) I can now login without entering a password. In fact the name that was listed was not the MS account name, but a folder name. The folder is the one that shows when you click on C:\Users.
    Thanks for the help.

donnyb, Mar 11, 2021
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Gateway Login password not working

Windows 10 Login Issues -- Computer Password Does Not Work!

Hi Scott,

You may need to reset your password for you to access your account using password login since PIN login is not working. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages when you tried to login?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Are you trying to log in to your Microsoft Account or to your Windows 10 local account?
    • Have you tried resetting your password?

Meanwhile, if you're trying to log in to your Microsoft Account, we suggest that you follow the steps in this

forum article
    shared by PaulSey on how to reset your password and recover your Microsoft Account.

If you're trying to log in to your Windows 10 local account, we suggest that you perform the instructions in this

article
    on how you can reset your Windows 10 local account.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Mar 11, 2021
Thema:

Gateway Login password not working

1. Gateway Login password not working - Similar Threads - Gateway Login password

2. login password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    login password: I didn't have a login password for Windows 10 but now feel I want to. What are the steps to do that in Windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-password/0706624f-0107-4fad-b548-74b471f0d4f8
  3. login password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    login password: I didn't have a login password for Windows 10 but now feel I want to. What are the steps to do that in Windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-password/0706624f-0107-4fad-b548-74b471f0d4f8
  4. RDP Gateway Save Password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RDP Gateway Save Password: I have an RDP Gateway and an RDP Server set up at home. I connect to them through my work desktop and personal laptop while outside my network. On the desktop, the Gateway doesn't ask for a password (I saved it the first time I connected when it did ask me) but the Server...
  5. login password

login password: how do I change login password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-password/235e3c62-4d2c-42b6-aa52-421eb38c059d"
  6. Password not working - how to login with Pin

Password not working - how to login with Pin: After my PC failed to update to latest version of Win10 my PC now requires that I log in with a Password vs. a Pin. I've used PIN so long that I've forgotten my Password. At the login screen I see not way to enter the PIN. I also don't have a Microsoft Account set up on...
  7. Login password not working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Login password not working: Two days ago I was going into safe mode.Something happened and the PC restarted. It got as far as the login screen. I entered my password and it didn't work.The PC is 7 months old and has had the same password the entire time. I have no idea how to fix this. Any advice. Dell...
  8. Login password not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Login password not working: Two days ago I was going into safe mode.Something happened and the PC restarted. It got as far as the login screen. I entered my password and it didn't work.The PC is 7 months old and has had the same password the entire time. I have no idea how to fix this. Any advice. Dell...
  9. login password

in Windows 10 Customization
    login password: How do I disable the login password? I've tried changing my password and leaving the new one blank but I just get an error message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/login-password/71f13d7c-2ac8-4f79-98e4-66047ccb4583
  10. Password login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password login: Hi all, first post so please go easy on me*Redface So I have Windows 10 and want to get rid of the password protected login feature. I found some steps on this site which are vaguely "On your windows 10 Start menu window, right click at the Win logo > select Run option >...