Windows 10: Gateway Router Stops Responding/Stuck with a 2nd Router (Switch/Repea)

Discus and support Gateway Router Stops Responding/Stuck with a 2nd Router (Switch/Repea) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, this is not a problem directly related to Windows 10 but rather with my current network and router setup. I currently have my gateway router... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ellellell1, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Gateway Router Stops Responding/Stuck with a 2nd Router (Switch/Repea)

Hi all, this is not a problem directly related to Windows 10 but rather with my current network and router setup.

I currently have my gateway router and my switch router which I have setup using a Seven Forums tutorial: Multi Router Network - Configure - Windows 7 Help Forums

The gateway router and switch are both a Huawei HG659 and are connected via Ethernet. (Wireless and Ethernet capable.)

The gateway router is connected to the internet via my modem (WAN Port) and has two Ethernet connections, to my switch router (LAN 3) and to my computer (LAN4).

The internet is shared between the two routers through a DECA, which goes from Ethernet to coax and to Ethernet again.

The switch router is connected to LAN1 from the gateway router and has another ethernet LAN2 to my playstation.

The problem occurs from anywhere between 12 hours - 24 hours where the gateway router loses internet connectivity, and thus both routers lose internet via wi-fi and ethernet. A restart of the gateway router and modem fixes this.

During this time I can't access my gateway router (http://192.168.1.1) but I can access my switch (http://192.168.1.253)

All my IP and wifi settings are identical to the tutorial. I am thinking there is some kind of conflict... same router? static IP problem? DECA problem?

Any ideas?

:)

ellellell1, Feb 24, 2020
  2. Dann Ave Win User

Safely Changing Router Password

HI Sherry,

You should still be able to manage your router's password even with the prompt for the site not being secure. Though if you are unable to completely access your router's gateway, you can use the router's IP.

To get the IP, follow the following steps.

• Press Windows key and X.
    • Select Command Prompt.
    • Type: ipconfig /all.
    • On the information that will show, look for DHCP Server, take note of its IP.

You can type the IP to your browser to access your router's gateway.

If you are still having concerns with accessing your router's gateway, best to contact your internet service provider if they are the ones who gave the router, or the router's manufacturer for further assistance.

Regards.

Dann Ave, Feb 24, 2020
  3. DaleDog Win User
    connection to gateway router

I have rebooted both the router and the phone to no avail. The phone will connect to my old Linksys router ok. My i-phone will connect to the gateway as will my PC and I-pad

DaleDog, Feb 24, 2020
  4. DaleDog Win User

Gateway Router Stops Responding/Stuck with a 2nd Router (Switch/Repea)

connection to gateway router

My Nokia 929 connects to the Comcast gateway router but the down load speed is zero, the upload speed is normal.

DaleDog, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

Gateway Router Stops Responding/Stuck with a 2nd Router (Switch/Repea)

1. Gateway Router Stops Responding/Stuck with a 2nd Router (Switch/Repea) - Similar Threads - Gateway Router Stops

2. Gateway router unreachable ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gateway router unreachable ?: I've searched for a solution to this problem over the course of several days; I cannot get one computer to see the gateway router, that includes entering the IP for the router; it just won't connect. The only change that occurred was a change from an older router to a new...
  3. Gateway router unreachable ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gateway router unreachable ?: I've searched for a solution to this problem over the course of several days; I cannot get one computer to see the gateway router, that includes entering the IP for the router; it just won't connect. The only change that occurred was a change from an older router to a new...
  4. Gateway router unreachable ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Arris Gateway Router TG1682 5G Network

Arris Gateway Router TG1682 5G Network: While using my desktop pc I see a 5G network available, but when I use my laptop, I only see a 2.4G network available. My router has two ports, 2.4G and 5G. Any ideas as to what I need to do to connect my laptop to the 5G network that does not show up when I check networks...
  6. Router

Router: Hi guys, When I try to connect to my WiFi, it asks for a network security key. (This is Windows 10, by the way) It also says that I can connect by pushing a button on my router. I'm not exceptionally good with computers and tech, so I'm sorry if this is a stupid...
  7. Managed Switch or Router?

Managed Switch or Router?: Would this for the fiber to pipe it to all my connections and computers? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R92CLJA...00K4DS5KU?th=1 I've had 50 routers in my life and they can be the most annoying things to use... some are so smart they have panic attacks... I'd rather use a dumb...
  8. Can't See 1st Router's USB When Connected to 2nd Router

Can't See 1st Router's USB When Connected to 2nd Router: First, here is my connection: I have 2 routers. The 1st one is from provider, and has USB Samba Share plugged. This router is the main one with IP 192.168.1.1. The 2nd one is in AP Mode, DHCP disabled. The IP is 192.168.1.150. Now, I have 3 PCs. 1 PC connected to the...
  9. New router, "Default Gateway Not Available" error

New router, "Default Gateway Not Available" error: You'll have to excuse me as I explain this as best I can; I'm not the most tech savvy individual, but I'll do my best to explain my problem in as much detail as possible. I had been having a lot of trouble with my wifi and purchased a new router last month (info below). At...
  10. Have router connected to switch

Have router connected to switch: Wait a minute! I do not want this: Internet > Modem > Router > Switch, but I want Internet > Modem > Router > Switch > Secondary Router. I would like devices that connect to the secondary router to also receive an internet connection. And yes, I understand that it probably...