Windows 10: Gave full control to everything in Advanced Security Settings for Windows (C:)

Discus and support Gave full control to everything in Advanced Security Settings for Windows (C:) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I had some problem with saves in a video game, and decided to give full permissions to everything in my drive, as seen in the picture.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Juan Chavez E., Jun 19, 2019.

1. Gave full control to everything in Advanced Security Settings for Windows (C:)

Hello everyone. I had some problem with saves in a video game, and decided to give full permissions to everything in my drive, as seen in the picture. A few scary windows popped up, so I ended up here. I have no idea what I was doing, and I am afraid I might have messed something up in my drive. I ran the Error Checker, and it said it was all good. I'm just wondering, how do I revert permissions back to their default settings without messing anything up?

Gave full control to everything in Advanced Security Settings for Windows (C:) [​IMG]

:)

Juan Chavez E., Jun 19, 2019

2. Security settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Go to control panel then click on the Power Options.
    • Click on the change plan settings.
    • Select change advanced power settings.
    • Change settings that are currently unavailable
    • Go to require a password on wakeup and select ‘No’

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 19, 2019
  3. Game controller ID settings

Hi Joe,

Thank you for the update. I understand your concern.

I would suggest you to look for the Devices settings in Control Panel and check if the game controllers are listed. If so, refer to the following steps to alter the settings and check if these are helpful in resolving your issue.

a. Right click on one of your game controllers and click Game Controller Settings. Note where in the list it is. If it is not at the top proceed to the next step.

b. Right click and remove all your other controllers (not the 360/gamepad) and let them reinstall automatically.

c. Once complete right click and check the list again and see if the 360 controller/gamepad is at the top. If so, give the game another try and see if it detects your controller.

If the issue still persists, restart your console and then try to reconnect your controller.

Hope this information is helpful. Please post back your results for further assistance.

Harkanwar Singh, Jun 19, 2019
  4. K_Mess Win User

Gave full control to everything in Advanced Security Settings for Windows (C:)

Advanced Security

In advanced security setting, how many people should be listed for having full control? I am the only user on this laptop, and it has my name, SYSTEM, and Administrators (my laptop). I have not given any permissions to anyone for any of my folders, or
    anything on my account.

K_Mess, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

Gave full control to everything in Advanced Security Settings for Windows (C:)

1. Gave full control to everything in Advanced Security Settings for Windows (C:) - Similar Threads - Gave full control

2. Gave full control to system and can't change permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Gave full control to system and can't change permissions: I somehow gave full control to my system and can't access and files or apps or anything...can't even open settings...file explorer or anything...I managed to get to CMD and ran the built in administrator account by shift restart and running safe mode. I restart and click the...
  3. Gave full control to system and can't change permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gave full control to system and can't change permissions: I somehow gave full control to my system and can't access and files or apps or anything...can't even open settings...file explorer or anything...I managed to get to CMD and ran the built in administrator account by shift restart and running safe mode. I restart and click the...
  4. Gave full control to system and can't change permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Advanced security settings for scans

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advanced security settings for scans: I'm troubleshooting the "start actions" function in windows defender and one of the steps is to clear an item in the scans folder and the quarantine folder bit when I go to update the permissions it's grayed out. I've tried everything to change the permissions but it still...
  6. Advanced security settings for scans

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Advanced security settings for scans: I'm troubleshooting the "start actions" function in windows defender and one of the steps is to clear an item in the scans folder and the quarantine folder bit when I go to update the permissions it's grayed out. I've tried everything to change the permissions but it still...
  7. TrustedInstaller has full control of everything

in Windows 10 Customization
    TrustedInstaller has full control of everything: I was following a guide for fixing the bsod error page_fault_in_none_paged_area. I had regedit open but did not change anything. TrustedInstaller is now the only "user" with full control. Every helppage I visit tells me to go to the security tab and 'change owner'....
  8. Users advanced security settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Users advanced security settings: I was in file explorer and opened the file users. 3 users came up. Mine, public and guest. Then I clicked on the properties of say public. It then bought up a screen and I clicked advanced settings and then clicked on find now. I clicked ok and a list of over 30 users came up...
  9. Help in regards to advance security settings.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help in regards to advance security settings.: Hello, I added an entry in the advance security settings for the folder WindowsApps, But as I double click on the entry it says it is corrupted and must be deleted. However, I can't remove it since the remove button is grayed out. How do I fix this? I have a Windows 10 Home...
  10. Advanced Security Settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Advanced Security Settings: I am receiving an error msg concerning Skype "Another program is using this file" I cannot access windowsapps. In Advanced Security Settings, I cannot change my access level to "Full" I am logged in as administrator but my access is not "Full". Also there are a number of...