Windows 10: Gears 5 audio (no sound, game using wrong device)

Discus and support Gears 5 audio (no sound, game using wrong device) in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When i got gears 5 and launched it for the first time, there was simply no sound. at first i didn't know what was wrong, so i restarted my computer,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Lewdcario, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Lewdcario Win User

Gears 5 audio (no sound, game using wrong device)

When i got gears 5 and launched it for the first time, there was simply no sound. at first i didn't know what was wrong, so i restarted my computer, reinstalled the game, etc etc. many people talked about Logitech programs/products being the problem, but that's not the case for me. Gears 5 is using the wrong output. I have a blue yeti microphone, and Sennheiser HD 599 headphones. my possible outputs for audio are a few monitors, the microphone (headphone jack) the jack in the back that i use with realtek HDA, and also realtek digital output.

Gears 5 is playing sound through the headphone jack on my blue yeti. To hear the game at all i have to plug my headphones into my microphone. This is not ideal at all, the audio quality is much worse, and it is very much in the way when set up like this. The device (mic headphone jack) is disabled, and the only one enabled (and default) is the jack on the back of my computer. even when the game is running, if i re-enable and set to default the mic jack, i can see the bars showing sound from the game (so it uses the disabled device). i tried with the blue yeti unplugged, it moved one up the list, to realtek digital output.

Uninstalling realtek and my microphone drivers is not a solution. I suppose adding a way for us to choose the default audio device in-game, or even just in a file, would suffice. i looked for any sort of config file but found nothing.

If there is some easy fix that im not seeing, please let me know. Hopefully this is a known issue, and isn't too hard to fix.

:)

Lewdcario, Sep 11, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

#XboxE3 2018: Gears 5, Gears Pop!, and Gears Tactics

Source: E3 2018: Tripling-Down on Gears with Gears 5, Gears Pop!, and Gears Tactics - Xbox Wire

Brink, Sep 11, 2019
  3. No audio devices are installed.

There are no audio devices installed. In the device manager "Sound, Video and Game Controller" does not exist. I've re-installed the audio driver from my manufacturer. The "Sound, Video and Game Controller" did not appear in the device manager. I have done
    all of the steps listed
    here

Even though those were steps suggested for windows 7, I believe they still apply to windows 10 (I could be wrong).

Also, none of the steps
    here
    fixed my problems, due to the fact that no sound driver appears in the device manager.

I tried to exhaust all of my options before posting here.

Thank you, in advance, to anyone who can help.

Update*

I factory reset my computer and the "Sound, Video and Game Controller" returned. http://i.imgur.com/8lucJJo.png

Still, none of the steps above have worked.

Final Update*

After running windows system file checker and checking my hard drive for corruption I have come to the conclusion that nothing short of inspecting my computer for physical damages and sending it to my manufacturer will resolve this issue. Sadly, I am not
    able to do that. For anyone with this problem I hope one of the steps above resolve this issue for you. Goodbye.

bjeremy21598, Sep 11, 2019
  4. Gears 5 audio (no sound, game using wrong device)

We can't find an audio device for your PC.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below:

Update all your audio drivers.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

• Double-click on the Sound card.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Update.

• Restart the computer and check.
    If this does not work you might have to Uninstall and then reinstall your drivers in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps to uninstall and reinstall the driver.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

• Double-click on the Sound card.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Uninstall.

• Reinstall your audio driver from Manufacturer's Website in Compatibility mode.

• Restart your system
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

Gears 5 audio (no sound, game using wrong device)

1. Gears 5 audio (no sound, game using wrong device) - Similar Threads - Gears audio sound

2. Gears of War 5 No Audio Steam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gears of War 5 No Audio Steam: I recently bought Gears of War 5 on Steam and found out the audio doesn't play through my headphones but will play through my monitor. I much rather play through headphones tho. I looked all over for fixes on steam and here but nothing seemed concrete or didn't work. I...
  3. Gears 5

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Gears 5: i bought gear of war 5 on steam and it wont launch it says windows cannot find'shell:AppsFolder\Microsoft.HalifaxBaseGame_8wekyb3d8bbwel!App' i need help fixing this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gears-5/d79d8e6b-843e-48aa-9d55-95a2919d53ae
  4. Gears 5 will not launch.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gears 5 will not launch.: I've been playing Gears 5 since launch, I built a new PC yesterday and installed the game, it will not launch when i click on the icon. I've tried searching for fixes but I have found none. Games from Steam and Uplay will launch and play fine. My windows is up to date as...
  5. Gears 5

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Gears 5: Everyime i try and load on online game in versus it trys then times out and saod there was an error connecting. Im connected to tye internet pleaee help this is on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gears-5/7735ed79-9a72-407c-bd2a-e2cd7d9f290a
  6. Gears 5 Updates Wrecks Game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gears 5 Updates Wrecks Game: Every time Gears 5 needs an update I open the Windows Store & go to downloads. The update freezes early in the process & never continues to download. The last time this happened I had to reinstall the entire game in order to get it working again & I don't want to keep doing...
  7. Halo games and gears 5 lagging and freezing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Halo games and gears 5 lagging and freezing.: I have plenty of other games that run absolutely fine no issues high settings high fps. But any games I downloaded from the Microsoft store just have an absolute nightmare playing? I can put the graphics to the lowest and let the fps go as high as it wants and the games will...
  8. Gears 5 PC (Using Game Pass Ultimate) Unplayable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Gears 5 PC (Using Game Pass Ultimate) Unplayable: I have been having this issue for the last couple of weeks, where I will load up a game of Gears 5 (Campaign) and it will run smooth as butter for about 10-15 seconds, before dropping from 60-90fps to 18-20fps. Then freeze entirely. If I’m lucky, I’ll be able to slowly quit...
  9. gears 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gears 5: Hi, i bought gears 5 from the store on win 10. When i go to the store it says i own the game, but it wont let me install it. tried several times, restarted my pc, signed out and back in on the app, nothing works. can you help?...
  10. Gears of War 5 will not finish installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gears of War 5 will not finish installation: [ATTACH]On the windows store it does not give me an option to continue installation. [ATTACH] But as you can see on the main menu of the game it is stuck at 86%. There is nothing showing me progress of it installing anywhere, nor can i find an option on the game UI to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gears 5 audio issues

2. gears 5 no sound

3. gears 5 pc audio issues

4. audio not working for gears 5,
  5. bought gears 5 on microsoft store now having audio problems,
  6. gears of war 5 bluetooth headphones not working,
  7. gears of war 5 no headphone sound,
  8. gears 5 audio pc,
  9. gears 5 no audio pc,
  10. gears 5 no sound steam windows 10],
  11. no audio in gears 5,