Windows 10: Gears 5 / Gaming Service App install issues

Discus and support Gears 5 / Gaming Service App install issues in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have browsed the other threads on this, and have even created my own, but nothing so far has worked. My issue started on the 7th, when I tried to... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Warri0r man, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Gears 5 / Gaming Service App install issues

I have browsed the other threads on this, and have even created my own, but nothing so far has worked.

My issue started on the 7th, when I tried to launch Gears V. Nothing happened. Opened task manager and saw that a windows app named Gaming Service was running 3x in the background. Ended the task. Attempted to launch the game, and it opened the Microsoft Store to the Gaming Services App download page and asked me to download it.

It would never download. I launched powershell in admin mode and ran "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers". I was then able to download the app, but it wouldn't launch and so the game kept taking me to its store page. I reset the stores cache, I logged out and in, I reset my PC.

I then uninstalled the game. Now I am unable to install it. 2 different things happen.

If I install the Gaming Service app before I install the game, the Service app installs but never launches. Trying to then install the game gives me a popup that says "Something Happened On Our End".

Trying to install the game without Gaming Service installed, starts to install both of them. It takes ages for them to acquire the license and all of that. Then it starts to download the Gaming Service app at about 10kbs. Eventually it will fail and give me a Cloud Service error.

I have uninstalled the store. Reinstalled the store, logged out, logged in, Ran an SFC check, tried to run "Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}" but got many errors.

I even tried to do a system restore to the 5th of September. But that failed twice telling me that something happened and that maybe it was an antivirus blocking it. Turned off my antivirus, same thing.

I am able to download other games. I tried to download Gears of War 4 and that worked. As far as I know, I could download other games as well. Its Gears 5, that I cannot download. Its been days, no PC problem has ever stumped me this long.

Its all because I ended a task in task manager and Windows is unable to launch it again. Gaming Service never runs. It is impossible to launch. Nothing happens with it. I am confidant that if I could install it, and run it, I could then install the game. But its impossible. Why this is, I do not know. For something so integral to Windows and xbox, it is apparently really easy to break. I am torn between getting a refund, or trying to reinstall Windows 10. At this point I am losing my "boost" in the game itself. Not that big of a deal, but I am mad enough at this point, where I feel the need to bring that up.

If anyone has any idea, please let me know.

Below are the list of errors that popped p when I tried to run Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"} Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, The package could not be installed because resources it modifies are currently in use. error 0x80073D02: Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_1.12.3.18362_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy. NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] b70d2a26-6800-0006-db32-0db70068d501 in the Event Log or use the command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID b70d2a26-6800-0006-db32-0db70068d501 At line:1 char:37 + ... s| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.I ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (C:\Windows\Syst...ppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], Exception + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path 'C:\AppXManifest.xml' because it does not exist. At line:1 char:37 + ... s| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.I ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (C:\AppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], ItemNotFoundException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : PathNotFound,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path 'C:\AppXManifest.xml' because it does not exist. At line:1 char:37 + ... s| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.I ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (C:\AppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], ItemNotFoundException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : PathNotFound,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF9, Install failed. Please contact your software vendor. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80073CF9) error 0x80070490: Unable to update the status for package windows.immersivecontrolpanel_10.0.2.1000_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy (Clear=0x0, Set=0x400). NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] b70d2a26-6800-0006-1e33-0db70068d501 in the Event Log or use the command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID b70d2a26-6800-0006-1e33-0db70068d501 At line:1 char:37 + ... s| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.I ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : WriteError: (C:\Windows\Imme...ppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], IOException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path 'C:\AppXManifest.xml' because it does not exist. At line:1 char:37 + ... s| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.I ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (C:\AppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], ItemNotFoundException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : PathNotFound,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path 'C:\AppXManifest.xml' because it does not exist. At line:1 char:37 + ... s| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.I ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (C:\AppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], ItemNotFoundException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : PathNotFound,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path 'C:\AppXManifest.xml' because it does not exist. At line:1 char:37 + ... s| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.I ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (C:\AppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], ItemNotFoundException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : PathNotFound,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path 'C:\AppXManifest.xml' because it does not exist. At line:1 char:37 + ... s| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.I ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (C:\AppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], ItemNotFoundException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : PathNotFound,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path 'C:\AppXManifest.xml' because it does not exist.

At line:1 char:37

+ ... s| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.I ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (C:\AppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], ItemNotFoundException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : PathNotFound,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path 'C:\AppXManifest.xml' because it does not exist.

+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (C:\AppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], ItemNotFoundException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : PathNotFound,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path 'C:\AppXManifest.xml' because it does not exist.

:)

Warri0r man, Sep 11, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

#XboxE3 2018: Gears 5, Gears Pop!, and Gears Tactics

Source: E3 2018: Tripling-Down on Gears with Gears 5, Gears Pop!, and Gears Tactics - Xbox Wire

Brink, Sep 11, 2019
  3. I can't install Gears 5 Ultimate

I have the same issue on both my laptop and my wife's desktop. It's not just
    Gears 5
    , other Xbox games on my PC have the same issue. One more title I can 100% confirm is having the same issue is the new
    Blair Witch.

Both computers:

• Have the latest version of Windows 10, regularly updated
    • All Store apps, including the Store app (the actual app for Microsoft Store) are regularly updated
    • System specs are way above minimum recommended
    • Everything else (both traditional and Store apps) work normally
    • Unaffected apps update and install without a hitch
    • Cannot install the affected Xbox games neither via Microsoft Store app or the new Xbox (Beta) app
    • Have their regions set as English (UK), just as my Xbox One console. Also tried with my home region,
      Serbia, nothing changed.
    • I've run all the troubleshooters and Store app fix solutions offered by Microsoft. Nothing changed.

The issue does not occur on my Xbox One console. Gears 5 downloaded successfully on September 2, just before midnight on September 6 I got the message that it's ready to start - just as promised.

I've noticed that in the Microsoft Store app:

• Attempting to install Gears 5 Ultimate Edition Pre-Order will yield no results whatsoever. Nothing changes, like the Install button was not clicked at all, no matter how many times I click it.
    • When I scroll down to In this bundle section and select just Gears 5 from there (so no Ultimate/Pre-Order bonuses), and try to install it from the Store page that opens, I will get the "Try again later. Something happened at our
      end" generic error message

Gears 5 / Gaming Service App install issues [​IMG]

The Xbox (Beta) app just hangs for a minute after attempting to initiate an installation, and then just says "ERROR". No other info.

A solution/fix would be highly appreciated as I've spent roughly 7 hours trying to make this work in the past few days, and have no answers.

HippyTesla, Sep 11, 2019
  4. Gears 5 / Gaming Service App install issues

Unable to Launch Games such as Gears 4

We appreciate your update about this concern. To further isolate this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below in correct sequence.

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help us remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. To do this, you may refer to the link below:

Click here

Step 3: For the last time kindly try to uninstall and reinstall the game and check if the issue persists.

If the issue persists after doing all the steps above, we suggest that you post and seek assistance with the Gears of War 4 forums. To do this, you may click the link below:

Gears of War Forums

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

Gears 5 / Gaming Service App install issues

1. Gears 5 / Gaming Service App install issues - Similar Threads - Gears Gaming Service

2. Gears 5 won't open. Re-directs to "Gaming Services"App

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Gears 5 won't open. Re-directs to "Gaming Services"App: It always happens.... Every time I need to reinstall Gaming Services and Gears 5 again. Does anyone here have a permanent solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gears-5-wont-open-re-directs-to-gaming-servicesapp/9c2fb27d-82aa-4513-8006-f98bf192e168
  3. Gears 5 won't install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gears 5 won't install: I have updated Windows 10, reinstalled the Gaming Services app, have restarted my computer more times than I can remember and tried every other troubleshooting recommendation out there I could find, but Gears 5 still will not install on my PC. Any new ideas?...
  4. Trying to install Gears 5 but failing to install "Gaming Service"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to install Gears 5 but failing to install "Gaming Service": First off, i find this problem unacceptable, this shouldn't be happening in the first place and as a HUGE company Microsoft should have had this already under wraps. The reason im so critical is because they advertise crossplateform games but this seems to be a common issue....
  5. Gears 5 Updates Wrecks Game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gears 5 Updates Wrecks Game: Every time Gears 5 needs an update I open the Windows Store & go to downloads. The update freezes early in the process & never continues to download. The last time this happened I had to reinstall the entire game in order to get it working again & I don't want to keep doing...
  6. Gears 5 Installation Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gears 5 Installation Issues: Hello, I recently redeemed a 'Gear 5 and bonus Gears of War 4' bundle in the Microsoft Store with a code a purchased online. When installing, the bundle only installs Gears of War 4, but not Gears 5, and there is no option for me to install just Gears 5. This is my first...
  7. Gears 5 won't open. Re-directs to "Gaming Services"App

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Gears 5 won't open. Re-directs to "Gaming Services"App: After successfully playing Gears 5 through the Windows Store (with Game Pass subscription) for a number of days, the game stopped launching. When trying to launch it, I am redirected to a Windows Store page for "Gaming Services", something it says I already have installed....
  8. Gears of War 5 will not finish installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gears of War 5 will not finish installation: [ATTACH]On the windows store it does not give me an option to continue installation. [ATTACH] But as you can see on the main menu of the game it is stuck at 86%. There is nothing showing me progress of it installing anywhere, nor can i find an option on the game UI to...
  9. Can not install Gears of War 5 on Pc Xbox Beta App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not install Gears of War 5 on Pc Xbox Beta App: I have been trying to install the game on pc for the last couple hours with no progress made. Every time I hit the install button, I am greeted with the error code- 0x00000001. I have tried everything suggested. I have restarted my pc, chose a different storage device,...
  10. Cant install gears 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant install gears 5: im on the 1903 update on the xbox beta app and when i try to preload the game it says i need to free up space. Everything else has downloaded to my e drive with over 1tb of free space just fine but gears wants to download to my c drive which doesnt have the room for it and i...