Windows 10: Gears 5 keeps crashing on startup

Discus and support Gears 5 keeps crashing on startup in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've read around that disabling the x-fi soundcard and/or changing audio quality fixed the issue. I don't have a x-fi soundcard, but i have a hyperx... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by oddes623, Apr 13, 2020.

1. oddes623 Win User

Gears 5 keeps crashing on startup

I've read around that disabling the x-fi soundcard and/or changing audio quality fixed the issue. I don't have a x-fi soundcard, but i have a hyperx cloud revolver s 7.1 headset which has a usb soundcard ?. Tried unplugging it, didn't work. And changing audio quality also didn't fix the problem. Bought the game on steam.

Specs:
    Ryzen 7 3700x
    MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
    Radeon 5700xt
    16gb ram
    256gb nvme ssd
    960gb sata ssd install drive

:)

oddes623, Apr 13, 2020

2. Gear 5 Wont start

Hi, Astral2040

My name is Aracely, I am an Independent Advisor. I would love to help you today.

Check these links, I hope it helps.

https://forums.gearsofwar.com/t/gears-5-crashin...

https://www.windowscentral.com/list-gears-5-kno...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Let me know if the information has been helpful in solving your problem.

AracelyRosemond, Apr 13, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    #XboxE3 2018: Gears 5, Gears Pop!, and Gears Tactics

Source: E3 2018: Tripling-Down on Gears with Gears 5, Gears Pop!, and Gears Tactics - Xbox Wire

Brink, Apr 13, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

#XboxE3 2018: Gears 5, Gears Pop!, and Gears Tactics Xbox

Source: E3 2018: Tripling-Down on Gears with Gears 5, Gears Pop!, and Gears Tactics - Xbox Wire

Brink, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Gears 5 keeps crashing on startup - Similar Threads - Gears keeps crashing

2. Forza Horizon 5 keeps crashing at startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 5 keeps crashing at startup: Hiya,So as the title suggests, my horizon 5 keeps crashing at launch. I just don't know why and I'm not getting an error code either. When launching, the game at some point shows a small splash screen, this stays for about 10 seconds and then it disappears without any error...
  3. Forza Horizon 5 keeps crashing at startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 keeps crashing at startup: Hiya,So as the title suggests, my horizon 5 keeps crashing at launch. I just don't know why and I'm not getting an error code either. When launching, the game at some point shows a small splash screen, this stays for about 10 seconds and then it disappears without any error...
  4. Gears 5

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Gears 5: i bought gear of war 5 on steam and it wont launch it says windows cannot find'shell:AppsFolder\Microsoft.HalifaxBaseGame_8wekyb3d8bbwel!App' i need help fixing this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gears-5/d79d8e6b-843e-48aa-9d55-95a2919d53ae
  5. Gears 5

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Gears 5: Everyime i try and load on online game in versus it trys then times out and saod there was an error connecting. Im connected to tye internet pleaee help this is on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gears-5/7735ed79-9a72-407c-bd2a-e2cd7d9f290a
  6. BSOD, freezes and crashes on Gears 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD, freezes and crashes on Gears 5: I'll repost It until someone really takes care It, read carefuly my issues and the problem has been solved. First of all, I tried everything possible. And just to clarify this issues only happen on Gears 5 (and also Gears of War 4 but whatever) I have the latest Windows 10...
  7. Gears 5 Crashing on launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gears 5 Crashing on launch: With the Xbox Game Pass, I got access to Gears 5 and I downloaded it from the Microsoft Store. The game ran well for the first two days but since yesterday, it has been crashing on launch. It crashes just after showing Unreal Engine and Dolby Atmos. I tried resetting the app...
  8. gears 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gears 5: Hi, i bought gears 5 from the store on win 10. When i go to the store it says i own the game, but it wont let me install it. tried several times, restarted my pc, signed out and back in on the app, nothing works. can you help?...
  9. Gears of War 5 will not finish installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gears of War 5 will not finish installation: [ATTACH]On the windows store it does not give me an option to continue installation. [ATTACH] But as you can see on the main menu of the game it is stuck at 86%. There is nothing showing me progress of it installing anywhere, nor can i find an option on the game UI to...
  10. Gears of War 4 - crash on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gears of War 4 - crash on startup: I've purchased this game about 3 or so weeks ago. It immediately worked when I started it and was running very well. But for the last week or two it would not start. I get the Gears of War splash screen on startup and a few seconds later it will just go back to the...