Windows 10: Gears 5 puts my laptop into sleep mode

Discus and support Gears 5 puts my laptop into sleep mode in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So, I downloaded Gears 5 but whenever I go to play it within 5 minutes my laptop enters sleep mode. I don’t know why it is doing this since my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RobertSayegh, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Gears 5 puts my laptop into sleep mode

So, I downloaded Gears 5 but whenever I go to play it within 5 minutes my laptop enters sleep mode. I don’t know why it is doing this since my laptop is more than capable of running Gears.

Does anyone know of a solution, can point me in the right direction of one or can help trouble shoot me through this?

I checked in the event viewer logs and this is what precedes the crash

Log Name: System
    Source: Service Control Manager
    Date: 9/16/2019 2:58:08 AM
    Event ID: 7040
    Task Category: None
    Level: Information
    Keywords: Classic
    User: SYSTEM
    Computer: LAPTOP-14EHURMM
    Description:
    The start type of the Xbox Live Game Save service was changed from auto start to demand start.

Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
    Date: 9/16/2019 3:00:25 AM
    Event ID: 187
    Task Category: (243)
    Keywords: (70368744177664),(1024),(4)
    User: LAPTOP-14EHURMM\Robert
    Description:
    User-mode process attempted to change the system state by calling SetSuspendState or SetSystemPowerState APIs.

Date: 9/16/2019 3:00:27 AM
    Event ID: 42
    Task Category: (64)
    Keywords: (1024),(4)
    User: N/A
    Description:
    The system is entering sleep.

Sleep Reason: Application API
    Date: 9/16/2019 3:00:28 AM
    Event ID: 107
    Task Category: (102)
    Keywords: (1024),(64),(4)
    Description:
    The system has resumed from sleep.

Date: 9/16/2019 3:00:28 AM
    Event ID: 137
    Task Category: None
    Level: Error
    Keywords: (1024),(4)
    Description:
    The system firmware has changed the processor’s memory type range registers (MTRRs) across a sleep state transition (S4). This can result in reduced resume performance.

:)

RobertSayegh, Sep 16, 2019
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Windows 10 putting laptop to sleep too frequently

Hi Ian,

Kindly provide us the following information to better assist you:

• When did the issue start?
    • Any changes prior to the concern?
    • Does the issue happens only in battery mode or even if it's plugged in?
    In the mean time, access Power & sleep and check if settings are correct. To access
    Power & sleep, follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Select System.
    • Choose Power & sleep.
    We'll be waiting for your response.

Argel Obm, Sep 16, 2019
  3. smt1 Win User
    Laptop crashing and shutting down when put in sleep mode

Hi,

I'm having a crashing issue with a Toshiba Satellite S855-S5165 laptop. When the computer is put in sleep mode, the screen blacks out and the laptop freezes for ~ 5 minutes. After five minutes the laptop will crash and shutdown, generating a dump file. This happens both on battery and when plugged in. A cursory glance at the dump file indicates that it's a driver problem, but I'm not sure which driver is the culprit.

The laptop originally shipped with Windows 8. It was upgraded to Windows 10 during the free upgrade period. Toshiba's support site doesn't list any Windows 10 drivers for this model. I've installed the newest Windows 8 / Windows 8.1 drivers listed on the support site, but this hasn't fixed the problem. I've also uninstalled all software that appears to be bloatware. The laptop exhibits no significant issues, other than this sleep problem.

Attached is the DM Log Collector zip file. Any assistance you can provide would be appreciated!

4. Gears 5 puts my laptop into sleep mode

How to put the laptop in sleep mode

Recently I updated my laptop to free Windows 10. I find there is no option to put in sleep mode. Only two options are seen under power switch area shutdown or restart. Please advise me how to keep in sleep/standby mode.

Kamala Kanta PanigrahyUrologist, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

Gears 5 puts my laptop into sleep mode

1. Gears 5 puts my laptop into sleep mode - Similar Threads - Gears puts laptop

2. Laptop restarts when put to sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop restarts when put to sleep mode: For few weeks my windows 10 laptop cannot be put to sleep mode. When I close the lid or simply click on the sleep from the start menu, it goes to sleep but when I move the mouse or press anything to wake the laptop up again, it suddenly restarts itself. I have checked the...
  3. Laptop restarts when put to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop restarts when put to sleep mode: For few weeks my windows 10 laptop cannot be put to sleep mode. When I close the lid or simply click on the sleep from the start menu, it goes to sleep but when I move the mouse or press anything to wake the laptop up again, it suddenly restarts itself. I have checked the...
  4. Laptop restarts when put to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. if i put the laptop in sleep mode, it is not sleeping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    if i put the laptop in sleep mode, it is not sleeping: if i put the laptop in sleep mode, lock screen is not appearingi tried many times, it has been many months the laptop is not locking only and if i close the lid, lock screen does not appear, only the screen blacks out and when i open the lid back on i come where i left off...
  6. if i put the laptop in sleep mode, it is not sleeping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    if i put the laptop in sleep mode, it is not sleeping: if i put the laptop in sleep mode, lock screen is not appearingi tried many times, it has been many months the laptop is not locking only and if i close the lid, lock screen does not appear, only the screen blacks out and when i open the lid back on i come where i left off...
  7. Gears 5

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Gears 5: i bought gear of war 5 on steam and it wont launch it says windows cannot find'shell:AppsFolder\Microsoft.HalifaxBaseGame_8wekyb3d8bbwel!App' i need help fixing this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gears-5/d79d8e6b-843e-48aa-9d55-95a2919d53ae
  8. Gears 5

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Gears 5: Everyime i try and load on online game in versus it trys then times out and saod there was an error connecting. Im connected to tye internet pleaee help this is on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gears-5/7735ed79-9a72-407c-bd2a-e2cd7d9f290a
  9. gears 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gears 5: Hi, i bought gears 5 from the store on win 10. When i go to the store it says i own the game, but it wont let me install it. tried several times, restarted my pc, signed out and back in on the app, nothing works. can you help?...
  10. BSOD on laptop when putting it into sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on laptop when putting it into sleep mode: Been having this problem since yesterday,whenever I put my laptop in sleep(press power button) and close lid I come back after few hours to find it rebooted.After checking blue screen view I found that there was a BSOD,mainly two drivers watchdog.sys and dxgmms2.sys I used...