Windows 10: Gears of war 5 INSTALL ISSUE HELP been having this problem for about a month and microsoft...

Discus and support Gears of war 5 INSTALL ISSUE HELP been having this problem for about a month and microsoft... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Environment - Win10 Pro / 1905 with XGP subscription Repro Steps - Start downloading Gears5 - Taking a while, so rebooted a couple times and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jacob TimothyShort, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Gears of war 5 INSTALL ISSUE HELP been having this problem for about a month and microsoft...

Environment

- Win10 Pro / 1905 with XGP subscription

Repro Steps

- Start downloading Gears5

- Taking a while, so rebooted a couple times and resume downloaded

- Download completed and got notification toast says "Gears 5 just got installed, check it out"

Symptom

- In start menu, Gears 5 shows up with down arrow icon. More sub-menu only has 2 items (clear list and remove from the list)

- On same start menu item, right click uninstall, doesn't do anything, but removing down arrow icon. (file still exist in my SSD. C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\MSIXVC\1E66A3E7-2F7B-461C-9F46-3EE0AEC64B8C, full 60 Gig space)

- In XBox (Beta) app, Nothing listed under left side of pane, all, installed, queue, nor needs attention section

- In Xbox (beta) app, find gears 5, then installation button shows up, Click the button will cause the windows notification, says got installed.. (gives down arrow icon on start menu, and goes into infinate loop)

- There's nothing in apps & features under settings

- CANNOT even manually delete C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\MSIXVC\1E66A3E7-2F7B-461C-9F46-3EE0AEC64B8C, guessing from the size and file date, I'm quite sure it's Gear 5.

Now, it just taking up 60 Gig of my SSD, can't delete, can't play, can't move, can't reinstall, can't anything.

It's a P1 issue, please, escalate to the dev team.

:)

Jacob TimothyShort, Nov 9, 2019

2. Can not install Gears of War 5 on Pc Xbox Beta App

After applying windows updates i was able to install Gears of War 5 without issue.

Glenninator, Nov 9, 2019
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Gears of War UE - FPS drop

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the make and model of the machine?
    • Were there any changes made on the computer prior to this issue?

If you have the hardware that supports the game, you can fine-tune your experience to get the very best out of the game. You may want to follow the tips and tricks mentioned in
    Get the best out of Gears of War 4 on Windows 10 for the same.

To deal with FPS, I suggest you to go through Understanding Frames Per Second (FPS).

For a full list of tips and tricks to improve your in-game performance, see the
    Gears of War on Windows 10 help page on The Coalition website.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Nov 9, 2019
  4. Gears of war 5 INSTALL ISSUE HELP been having this problem for about a month and microsoft...

Srimadhwa B, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

Gears of war 5 INSTALL ISSUE HELP been having this problem for about a month and microsoft...

1. Gears of war 5 INSTALL ISSUE HELP been having this problem for about a month and microsoft... - Similar Threads - Gears war INSTALL

2. Gears of War 5 No Audio Steam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gears of War 5 No Audio Steam: I recently bought Gears of War 5 on Steam and found out the audio doesn't play through my headphones but will play through my monitor. I much rather play through headphones tho. I looked all over for fixes on steam and here but nothing seemed concrete or didn't work. I...
  3. Gears 5 Installation Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gears 5 Installation Issues: Hello, I recently redeemed a 'Gear 5 and bonus Gears of War 4' bundle in the Microsoft Store with a code a purchased online. When installing, the bundle only installs Gears of War 4, but not Gears 5, and there is no option for me to install just Gears 5. This is my first...
  4. GEARS OF WAR 5 INSTALL ISSUE can anyone fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GEARS OF WAR 5 INSTALL ISSUE can anyone fix?: Environment - Win10 Pro / 1905 with XGP subscription Repro Steps - Start downloading Gears5 - Taking a while, so rebooted a couple times and resume downloaded - Download completed and got notification toast says "Gears 5 just got installed, check it out" Symptom -...
  5. Gears of war 5 Painfully slow download.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Gears of war 5 Painfully slow download.: After ten hours I have downloaded 2gb out of 63. Talking to tech support not very helpful at all, at one point they were trying to get me to reinstall my graphics drivers to solve a download issue. Its pretty obvious that this is a server problem on Microsoft end. The...
  6. Gears of War 5 Error 0x80040154

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gears of War 5 Error 0x80040154: Good day, Is anyone else experiencing this error while trying to install Gears of War 5? This error happens as well on Wolfenstein II. I have attempted the following solutions without any changes 1. Keep everything up to date (as reference, the cumulative update was...
  7. Gears of War 5 will not finish installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gears of War 5 will not finish installation: [ATTACH]On the windows store it does not give me an option to continue installation. [ATTACH] But as you can see on the main menu of the game it is stuck at 86%. There is nothing showing me progress of it installing anywhere, nor can i find an option on the game UI to...
  8. Gears of war 5 wont launch, error code (-2015295486)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gears of war 5 wont launch, error code (-2015295486): Hello everyone, I recently purchased xbox game pass ultimate so I could play Gears 5 early, however the game flat out refuses to launch and I get file system error (-2015295486). I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game twice now with the same result. I also checked the...
  9. Can not install Gears of War 5 on Pc Xbox Beta App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not install Gears of War 5 on Pc Xbox Beta App: I have been trying to install the game on pc for the last couple hours with no progress made. Every time I hit the install button, I am greeted with the error code- 0x00000001. I have tried everything suggested. I have restarted my pc, chose a different storage device,...
  10. Gears of war 4 issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gears of war 4 issues: I have been playing quietly for 2 days gears of war 4, today I went to the main menu to go to windows and simply went directly to windows without showing the main menu (obviously was a crash). Now every time I try to play it just crash to windows in main menu all the time....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gears 5 no longer plays on my computer - it just launches store

2. gears of war 5 installation issues

3. 1e66a3e7-2f7b-461c-9f46-3ee0aec64b8c

4. installing gears of war 5 from gamepass,
  5. gamepass gears 5 error install,
  6. gears 5 windows 10 connection issue