Windows 10: Gears Tactic install hangs after ~246MB

Discus and support Gears Tactic install hangs after ~246MB in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have gears Tactic through Xbox Game pass Ultimate, however, it has stopped working after the latest windows update. I tried reinstalling the game... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by xian wang X, May 13, 2020.

1. Gears Tactic install hangs after ~246MB

I have gears Tactic through Xbox Game pass Ultimate, however, it has stopped working after the latest windows update.

I tried reinstalling the game multiple times, however, the game installation always hangs at 246MB/28.83GB and fails with Error code: Code: 0x800704C6

Gears tactic appears to be the only app with the issue, I have tried various other games in game pass such as Gears 5, age of wonders, all installs without any issue.

I have tried various trouble shooting steps including :

Getting latest windows updates
    Getting latest store updates
    Resetting Windows Store
    Clearing my store cache
    Reinstalling XBOX Beta
    Reinstalling Gaming Service via powershell

At this point, i'm seriously thinking about cancelling Xbox Game pass subscription if windows app store is unable support reliable basic game delivery.

:)

xian wang X, May 13, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

#XboxE3 2018: Gears 5, Gears Pop!, and Gears Tactics

Source: E3 2018: Tripling-Down on Gears with Gears 5, Gears Pop!, and Gears Tactics - Xbox Wire

Brink, May 13, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    #XboxE3 2018: Gears 5, Gears Pop!, and Gears Tactics Xbox

Source: E3 2018: Tripling-Down on Gears with Gears 5, Gears Pop!, and Gears Tactics - Xbox Wire

Brink, May 13, 2020
  4. Gears Tactic install hangs after ~246MB

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 13, 2020
Thema:

Gears Tactic install hangs after ~246MB

1. Gears Tactic install hangs after ~246MB - Similar Threads - Gears Tactic install

2. deceitful tactics

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    deceitful tactics: How come when you sign up for an account all the included documentation never mentions a need for your phone number, and assures you your information is guarded, however after a few day the account becomes mysteriously compromised and they must have my phone number or i cant...
  3. error connect Gears Tactic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error connect Gears Tactic: Hello,I wanted to reconnect to my microsoft account to play your game on Steam.the microsoft window asks me for my number , and then an email address, an email address again. suddenly I made a mistake when adding my mailbox. instead of putting *** Email address is removed for...
  4. Gears 5 won't install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gears 5 won't install: I have updated Windows 10, reinstalled the Gaming Services app, have restarted my computer more times than I can remember and tried every other troubleshooting recommendation out there I could find, but Gears 5 still will not install on my PC. Any new ideas?...
  5. Gears tactics DLC "Cole Train" no worked.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gears tactics DLC "Cole Train" no worked.: Xbox game pass ultimate, no unlock Augustus "Cole Train" Cole's Thrashball Cole. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gears-tactics-dlc-cole-train-no-worked/448a0f31-410d-4de6-b163-d4c2b255a746
  6. Unable to install Gears Tactics

Unable to install Gears Tactics: I preordered Gears Tactics before its release, however I have been unable to install the game at all. No error code has been shown. All that happens is that I am shown that an update for the game is available and that a rotating circle of doom ensues once I try to install it....
  7. Gears Tactic install hangs with error : 0x800704C6

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gears Tactic install hangs with error : 0x800704C6: I have gears Tactic through Xbox Game pass Ultimate, however, it has stopped working after the latest windows update. I tried reinstalling the game multiple times, however, the game installation always hangs at 246MB/28.83GB and fails with Error code: Code: 0x800704C6...
  8. Gears tactics, after starting the game I only get the error message that It couldn't sign...

Gears tactics, after starting the game I only get the error message that It couldn't sign...: Hi all Can't start Gears tactics. I only get an error message that It couldn't sign me into my xbox-live account. It never asked me for any details. Trying to start it over the microsoft store. I have the game pass for this game. Already checked if all the...
  9. Can't play Gears 5 after install

Can't play Gears 5 after install: I installed Gears 5 from the store, I had to change the install location of windows store apps because my boot drive is not big enough. The game launched, but closed after a pop up that stated something about the game needing an update. The update never started...
  10. Gears of War 5 will not finish installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gears of War 5 will not finish installation: [ATTACH]On the windows store it does not give me an option to continue installation. [ATTACH] But as you can see on the main menu of the game it is stuck at 86%. There is nothing showing me progress of it installing anywhere, nor can i find an option on the game UI to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gears tactics windows 10 xbox games pass pc preparing stuck