Windows 10: Gears5 game freezes on launching

Discus and support Gears5 game freezes on launching in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have Ryzen 3600/Radeon RX5700., was able to play game till 2 weeks back. Now after launching the game when I click campaign or benchmark or anything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SatishKumarN, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Gears5 game freezes on launching

I have Ryzen 3600/Radeon RX5700., was able to play game till 2 weeks back. Now after launching the game when I click campaign or benchmark or anything the game freezes and windows task manager shows as game not responding.

I installed the game with xbox game pass.

I have all the latest windows and graphics driver update.

Any help!!

:)

SatishKumarN, Oct 12, 2019

2. Launching games

Hi Wesley,

Windows 10 is gamer-friendly by design. If an issue like being unable to launch a game happens, it can be caused by outdated display driver or other factors that cause conflict when launching the app. For us to better assist you, we'd like to ask for additional
    information. Please answer the following:

• What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Are you getting an error message when launching the game?
    • Have you made any changes to the settings or installed updates prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • What specific games are you having issues with?

We will wait for your response.

Jennifer Cha, Oct 12, 2019
  3. Marby Rey Win User
    Marby Rey, Oct 12, 2019
  4. Gears5 game freezes on launching

Loraine Mon, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

Gears5 game freezes on launching

1. Gears5 game freezes on launching - Similar Threads - Gears5 game freezes

2. Game Pass games not launching on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Pass games not launching on PC: I bought the PC Game Pass about one month and a half ago, and I started using it with no problems; my 3 main games were Sea of Thieves, Gears of War 4 and Dead Rising 4, and I could play them all with no issues being present. About two weeks ago, I updated my GPU drivers...
  3. Paradox Games don't launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paradox Games don't launch: My Paradox Games don't launch. When I start Hearts of Iron IV, I get an Error Message, when I launch the other Games,I don't. All other games are fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paradox-games-dont-launch/e40eaaaf-fbf7-4d7d-a162-687f1ea42701
  4. Windows 10 keeps freezing when i launch a game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 keeps freezing when i launch a game: This keeps happening and I've tried everything that I know of and am getting very desperate I have clean installed windows and I know my graphics driver is up to date and the game I play I am trying to play I am positive I meet the requirements please help I will take any...
  5. Some steam games will not launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some steam games will not launch: When I launch some games, they do not open with video; the audio plays but the video is just flashing static that looks like my screen is going to crash. This doesn't happen with every game, just some of them. I don't think it's to do with graphics settings because it can run...
  6. Game keeps freezing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Game keeps freezing: I use a controller and a headphone connected via Bluetooth to play games. A couple of days ago the issue appeared: the game freezes but starts working after a while. When the game is frozen, the controller loses connection but the headphone works. However before long, it...
  7. Not able to launch any game in fullscreen without pc freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to launch any game in fullscreen without pc freezing: Whenever i launch a game that i have enabled full-screen on, my computer simply freezes and i can't do anything other than to force shut-down my computer by holding down the power button. This started to happen after i changed from Gtx 680 to Gtx 1070. All my drivers are...
  8. Steam games not launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam games not launching: I decided to come back to civ 5, and when I press play, all that happens is a small box saying "checking for updates" comes up for a brief moment, followed by another box saying "Searching for steam game updates" again for a brief moment. Nothing happens after. This also...
  9. Launching Games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Launching Games?: So I was just wondering which is better, launching the games via shortcut (afterinstall) or launching the game in your graphic card driver (radeon setting, nvidia setting, etc.) also does this have any effect on perfomance, quality, etc. please enlighten us? 92321
  10. BSOD when launching games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when launching games: Hi, yesterday my PC started to BSOD when launching any game. A few weeks ago I would get an occasional unexpected store exception stop code. Yesterday I got this and a Critical Process died message.I think the problem might be hard drive related but I'm trying to make...