Windows 10: Geek Tech, Geek Web

Discus and support Geek Tech, Geek Web in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My laptop locked up tonight. There was a number to call which was supposedly "Windows". 1-800-866-5169. They told me it was a Trojan and after... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by nettie.m.jones1, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Geek Tech, Geek Web

My laptop locked up tonight. There was a number to call which was supposedly "Windows". 1-800-866-5169. They told me it was a Trojan and after working on it for well over an hour they freed it up and then told me it would cost $249.99 and plus $249.99 they would cover the technical work for 5 years. I am 72 years old and on social security tell me what to do please

:)

nettie.m.jones1, Mar 28, 2021

2. Geek source

Is Microsoft contracted with a company called Geek Source or Geek Squad?

AlexandraContrafatto, Mar 28, 2021
  3. Ken Blake Win User
    Geek source

No. I've never heard of Geek Source, but I certainly know of Geek Squad.

Geek Squad is a subsidiary of Best Buy, and is unfortunately a well-known and very popular source of computer service and advice. As far as I'm concerned, they, and all other big-box stores, should always be avoided. With rare exceptions, their employees
    are not skilled in what they do, and can cause more problems they solve..

Ken Blake, Mar 28, 2021
  4. Geek Tech, Geek Web

Comodo Geek Buddy

I want to uninstall Comodo Geek Buddy and all associated files but cannot locate any on the Control Panel.

NLHarrison, Mar 28, 2021
Thema:

Geek Tech, Geek Web

1. Geek Tech, Geek Web - Similar Threads - Geek Tech Geek

2. Windows Defender or Webroot Geek Squad

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender or Webroot Geek Squad: Hello, I just paid a lot of money $49 to renew my Webroot subscription. But I know Win 10 has Windows Defender. I want to know should I cancel the renewal w/ Webroot and just go with Defender? What's the difference between the two? Should I save my money? Opinions....
  3. All Geek to me !!!!!!

in Windows 10 Support
    All Geek to me !!!!!!: Hi folks just a message please people -- when posting stuff don't do it like this : (Was looking to install Fedora IOT as a Virtual Machine on Windows) -- this is the sort of "rubbish spiel" in the basic documentation -- no idea what it means --good classic example of how...
  4. Geek Squad not able to login my Microsoft Acct

Geek Squad not able to login my Microsoft Acct: My Dell computer is currently being looked at by the Geek Squad. I do not know what version I have on it....possible 10. But Geek Squad cannot log in to my Microsoft account to work on it. They have the correct email address and password. Why can't they?...
  5. How-To Geek - Protect Your Files From Ransomware

How-To Geek - Protect Your Files From Ransomware: Windows 10 Build 19551 First, I received a How-To Geek email that linked me to this, which I read: Do You Need Anti-Ransomware Software for Your PC? Within the article was a link to this, which I also read and followed: How to Protect Your Files From Ransomware With...
  6. BSOD: GEEK SQUAD said they fixed it! LIES

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD: GEEK SQUAD said they fixed it! LIES: All sorts of programs are crashing. I go to game and it crashes Computer freezes only way to get it back is to turn it off. Mobo is a msi z390 a pro Ram gskill trident z rgb 3000mhz 16gb Hard drive 1tb western digital 1 year old 1tb ssd Samsung Psu Corsair rm 850w CPU i5...
  7. Hello Geeks System repair

Hello Geeks System repair: Has anyone heard or have done business with this company? They said they are a Microsoft Certified Company. They told me I had some serious problems with my drivers and very soon my system on windows 10 would not work. They also said that buying a new system from Dell or...
  8. Activity Logging and Analysis for a Data Geek

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Activity Logging and Analysis for a Data Geek: Hello, I am looking for some help with logging my activity on windows. Please note I am a bit of a data nerd and so what I am looking for is a bit different from a beginner user. While I can't program, I can usually find my way through cmd and more advanced windows...
  9. For Geeks with Time !! OKULAR on Windows good PDF handler

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    For Geeks with Time !! OKULAR on Windows good PDF handler: Hi there IMO one of the best PDF readers out there is OKULAR - it can handle things like epub (e-book format) etc etc and is far better than either messing around with Adobe or having to use the wretched Ms Word or viewer in Edge. Okular - well known on Linux (KDE...
  10. Best Buy's Geek Squad

in Windows 10 Support
    Best Buy's Geek Squad: I tested out Best Buy's geek squad a couple of days ago and put them to the test. Yes, i did! Why? Because I wanted to see if what I was hearing was true or not. I have been told they do NOT fully diagnose the problem and that they are just there to get your money. . . Well,...