Windows 10: GeForce 1080TI, not able to install Audio Driver, Windows 10

Discus and support GeForce 1080TI, not able to install Audio Driver, Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I've stumbled upon an issue that I can not seem to understand or work my way around. I recently built a new system with the following specs: Z490... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by javlar, Sep 28, 2020.

1. javlar Win User

GeForce 1080TI, not able to install Audio Driver, Windows 10

So I've stumbled upon an issue that I can not seem to understand or work my way around.

I recently built a new system with the following specs:

Z490 ROG MAXIMUS XII HERO
    Core i9-10900K
    Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB NVME
    Corsair 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3600MHz CL18
    ASUS ROG Ryujin 360mm

Windows 10 version 2004 (OS Build 19041.508)

As you may notice there is a graphics card missing. Well, I think I did what a lot of people did, I built a computer for the 3080 and right now I'm in the waiting room. So I decided to throw in my old 1080ti for the meantime.

Most things are working very nicely, games run better, boot times are laughable etc.

However today I ran into two issues.

My first one was that I tried connecting my Blue Yeti microphone, which is fully plug-and-play, but Windows would not install it. Instead it sits under Other devices in Device manager with a yellow exclamation mark. Tried different USB-ports. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling drivers. Disabling, re-enabling. Rebooting. Etc. No luck. Windows just comes up blank when I search for drivers.

My next problem was that I realized that I could not select either of my DisplayPort-monitors for audio. After a bit of sleuthing around I realized that something was missing, Nvidia High Definition Audio is nowhere to be seen under Sound, Video and Game controllers. Instead I have another yellow exclamation mark under Other devices - PCI Device. The only PCI device in my computer is the 1080ti.

GeForce 1080TI, not able to install Audio Driver, Windows 10 [​IMG]

Same story, I try reinstalling the GeForce drivers. They reinstall fine but there isn't even an option to install any audio drivers, only graphics and PhysX. I try older drivers, no difference.

I think maybe the PCI-E power cables are not fully in, they are. I become afraid that I've somehow damaged the card when I took it out of my old rig and put it into the new one so I remove it and put it back in the old computer. Works perfectly fine, audio and all. Same goes for the Blue Yeti, no problems in the old computer.

I then thought that perhaps I've gotten really unlucky and that there is something wrong with the PCI-E slot in the new motherboard, so I swapped the card to the other slot, same story.

A slightly interesting part is that when I enter the NVidia control panel under Digital Audio, it finds the monitors perfectly fine.

However when I go to the Windows Sound settings, they are not there.

I am sort of at a loss. These things are not "game breaking" but considering it's brand new hardware I'm not going to just leave it be. Any and all help greatly appreciated!

:)

javlar, Sep 28, 2020
  2. Jayce Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Sep 28, 2020
  3. tiendat Win User

I install complete. But I open speakers properties has stop woking *Frown GeForce 1080TI, not able to install Audio Driver, Windows 10 :(.

tiendat, Sep 28, 2020
  4. GeForce 1080TI, not able to install Audio Driver, Windows 10

For those who just need to enable Dolby Digital Live 5.1 for your realtek sound card here is complete manual. Works for me in Win 10 Creators update (1703). Easy installation if you do not need these Dolby things just allow DDL 5.1

Here is the post #27
    https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...by-digital-live-dts-interactive.228612/page-2
    and here is the link for Realtek R2.80 driver doownload (can not be found on Realtek official site)
    MEGA

You also need to enable Test mode before installation of the driver.

Enable Test mode:

Step 1. Open the Windows command promt as "Run as Administrator".

Step 2. Run "bcdedit -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS" (without the "").

Step 3. To finalize the process run "bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON" (without the "").

Step 4. Reboot and you're done.

To disable it do step 1 and run these commands on step 2 and 3:

Step 2. "bcdedit -set loadoptions ENABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS" (without the "")

Step 3. "bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF" (without the "")

Then do step 4 and you're done.

Then you can continue to installation of the driver.

I hope I helped you, if any questions, ask here I'll try to answer you if I'll be able.

dargissimo, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

GeForce 1080TI, not able to install Audio Driver, Windows 10

1. GeForce 1080TI, not able to install Audio Driver, Windows 10 - Similar Threads - GeForce 1080TI able

2. Can't install nvidia geforce driver in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install nvidia geforce driver in windows 10: Hi EveryoneI was trying to update my Nvidia Geforce driver, but i unable to update. So i tried to uninstall the driver and download the new version of the driver. however i able to download the driver but i tried to run the installer the driver, the loading of the installer...
  3. Can't install nvidia geforce driver in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install nvidia geforce driver in windows 10: Hi EveryoneI was trying to update my Nvidia Geforce driver, but i unable to update. So i tried to uninstall the driver and download the new version of the driver. however i able to download the driver but i tried to run the installer the driver, the loading of the installer...
  4. Can't install nvidia geforce driver in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Can't Install nVidia Windows 11 Geforce Driver

Can't Install nVidia Windows 11 Geforce Driver: Hi,I have discovered that my nVidia driver is missing since upgrading to Win11, so I attempted to download the latest from nVidia Experience only to be told that the latest version, which is reported by them to be compatible with Win11, is not compatible.I've attempted to use...
  6. GEFORCE 1080ti

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GEFORCE 1080ti: my geforce gtx 1080ti driver ia listed in filerepository as nvaki.inf_amd64, is that right? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/geforce-1080ti/86abca51-c8b4-4378-8020-b732ab88c064
  7. GEFORCE 1080ti

GEFORCE 1080ti: my geforce gtx 1080ti driver ia listed in filerepository as nvaki.inf_amd64, is that right? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/geforce-1080ti/86abca51-c8b4-4378-8020-b732ab88c064
  8. GEFORCE 1080ti

9. install audio drivers windows 10

install audio drivers windows 10: no sound, how do I reinstall audio drivers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-audio-drivers-windows-10/99a27813-77cb-450e-b8d0-5285ada323ce
  10. Not able to install Drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not able to install Drivers: I reset the my Asus Laptop, since then I'm not able to install the drivers in it. I have downloaded the required drivers from the official Asus website and tried to install them. Everything goes smoothly and the installation is finished. But when I checked my action centre,I...