Windows 10: Geforce GT 640 graphics driver won't install

Discus and support Geforce GT 640 graphics driver won't install in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi. I have a pre-built Asus desktop computer that came with OEM Geforce GT 640. The desktop came with Windows 8. In the past I upgraded to Windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by eddified, Jun 10, 2018.

1. eddified Win User

Geforce GT 640 graphics driver won't install

Hi. I have a pre-built Asus desktop computer that came with OEM Geforce GT 640. The desktop came with Windows 8. In the past I upgraded to Windows 10. However, I just recently got an SSD (upgrade from HDD) and want to start fresh. If I install windows 8 from the media that came with my computer, then the graphics card is detected and works. (Can't get it to upgrade from windows 8 to win 10 though anymore, not sure why, but I know I've been able to in the past).

So I've tried to install windows 10 fresh, which works and activates fine. The only thing busted though is the graphics card drivers. When using either the correct driver manually chosen from NVidia's website, *or* the GeForce experience, I always get a message about the setup not finding any compatible hardware. So no drivers get installed. I found this link and will try: https://www.igadgetsworld.com/how-to...hics-hardware/ ... but I figured I'd ask here to see if anyone has any good ideas.

I also tried using drivers from Asus' own website. Again, no dice. *Sad

Any ideas?

Update: I got windows 8 (where graphics drivers were working) to update to windows 10 (but graphics drivers no longer worked). Win10 Windows update says an Nvidia driver update is there, and tries to apply it, but it fails with error code 0x80070002.

Again, I tried to install the official latest WHQL drivers from nvidia's site, the error message is "NVidia Installer cannot continue / This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware"

Update: all of these times I've been trying to use Windows 10 build 1803.

:)

eddified, Jun 10, 2018

2. Drivers not working - GEForce GT555M

Thanks for your post. But I could not install the proper driver for graphic card.

What installed in computer ;

- Nvidia (Geforce)

- GT555M

I tired the procedure you suggested. But the computer said that it is not possible to find a compatible

driver for your operation system.

Could you please let me know the next step for fixing the trouble of graphic card ??

Doo Hwa Oh, Jun 10, 2018
  3. Graphics driver "requires further installation."

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing, I will be glad to you help you.

The issue could be if the drivers are either not updated or get corrupted. So, I would suggest you to update the display drivers and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

Method 1: Update display adapter driver.

Step 1: Check for the latest driver update through Windows Updates.

• At the Start screen, type
      Windows Update

• Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select
      Install optional updates from the left results.

• When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.

Incompatible or not properly installed graphics card drivers are the most common cause of this issue.
    Step 2: Follow the steps below to update the graphics/display drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Go to device manager.
    • Right-click your display device.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    • Restart the computer and check.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will assist you further.

Thank you

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 10, 2018
Thema:

Geforce GT 640 graphics driver won't install

1. Geforce GT 640 graphics driver won't install - Similar Threads - Geforce 640 graphics

2. Graphics Card nvidia geforce gt 1030 oc 2g

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics Card nvidia geforce gt 1030 oc 2g: Hi, I recently bought a Graphics Card from nvidia geforce and im asking before hand to see if my pc can handle it or run games and other stuff. I have a windows 10 2004 pro and suggestions before I put it in?...
  3. geforce gt 730 graphics card!!!!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    geforce gt 730 graphics card!!!!!: I'm trying to install drivers on my geforce gt 730 4gb graphics card from windows 10 the newest version, but whenever i do something messes up so i have to use the graphics card without the newest drivers. i cant stream with it and i dont see an improvement in gaming at all...
  4. Driver for 9800 GT Graphics Card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Driver for 9800 GT Graphics Card: I am trying to fix my nephew's old Athlon PC which currently has a 9800GT in it. The driver's I have found either BSOD or black screen. If I connect the PC to the internet it downloads a driver which then black screens. Has anyone successfully set up this card on Windows 10?...
  5. Driver for 9800 GT Graphics Card

Driver for 9800 GT Graphics Card: I am trying to fix my nephew's old Athlon PC which currently has a 9800GT in it. The driver's I have found either BSOD or black screen. If I connect the PC to the internet it downloads a driver which then black screens. Has anyone successfully set up this card on Windows 10?...
  6. GeForce GT 630

GeForce GT 630: Hi I had help yesterday trying to update my drivers. Now upon a clean install and windows 10 updated to latest updates my graphics card failed to update through the GeForce Experience program. It comes up saying this NVIDIA graphics driver is not compatible with this...
  7. RE: Gaming Card Driver GeForce GT 630

RE: Gaming Card Driver GeForce GT 630: hi Im trying to find a graphics driver for my GeForce GT 630 card as NVDIA Experience isn't picking it up many thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-gaming-card-driver-geforce-gt-630/f002d7c4-5b62-4bec-b45c-18682f1697bc
  8. Graphics Driver won't install?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Graphics Driver won't install?: Before I start I would like to mention I am terrible with computers. I tried to download graphic drivers using the CD from the Geforce 1030 GDDR5 but the moment I try to install it tells me that its imcompatible with my system, claiming the hardware does not exist[ATTACH]...
  9. nVidia - Graphics Adapter WDDM2.0 - NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    nVidia - Graphics Adapter WDDM2.0 - NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M: what is this update and it fails to install. 16129
  10. Problem with Geforce-GT 710

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Problem with Geforce-GT 710: I buy the Gforce GT 710 and when I installed randomly the video card crash in to a black screen and never turn back. I install the lasted driver. My board is the ASUS P5N-E SLI What can I do for fix that problem?*Sad The BIOS is updated. 54690