Windows 10: Geforce GTX 970M keeps giving me driver error 43

Discus and support Geforce GTX 970M keeps giving me driver error 43 in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I'm not seeing any history in windows update of GeForce drivers being installed, but that could be the issue. However, now matter what order or how I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Heretikos, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Heretikos Win User

Geforce GTX 970M keeps giving me driver error 43

I'm not seeing any history in windows update of GeForce drivers being installed, but that could be the issue. However, now matter what order or how I uninstall/re-install drivers, I keep getting this error and GeForce Experience stops or won't start. Getting a little annoyed and not seeing too much info about this. This isn't SLI. Any help or info would be great.

:)

Heretikos, Aug 15, 2015
  2. av8r58d Win User

NVIDIA DRIVERS FOR WINDOWS 10

I keep getting the windows update notification, to update my NVidia drivers. Every time I attempt to do this, it errors out Code 28. I have uninstalled and installed directly from NVidia but no luck. What do I need to do to get the updated drivers on
    my computer? This is driving me crazy. Below is what drivers are available.

Updates are available

• nVidia - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3, Graphics Adapter WDDM2.0 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M.

• NVIDIA driver update for NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M

av8r58d, Aug 15, 2015
  3. Display issues after latest Window update (16/11/17)

Are you v.1709 now? Don't revert to Win 7. Try the other options in my post, & here is the GeForce site...

GeForce GTX 970M Graphics Card

GeForce GTX 970M

There's got to be something there to help. Keep us informed.

PCR Just PCR, Aug 15, 2015
  4. UKMedia Win User

Hi

I had this problem with my GTX 970 but I had a second card installed (GTX 580). I assume that as you are using a laptop, you don't have another card installed but it may be caused by your on-board graphics - try disabling in BIOS.

See my info post: Solved Multiple NVidia Cards - Code 43 (Info Only) - Windows 10 Forums

Regards

UKMedia, Aug 17, 2015
  5. Heretikos Win User
    Most laptops these days (at least in my experience) don't allow you to disable the onboard graphics, just saying. And in my case, Asus just went ahead and disabled it completely. Your SLI set up is an issue I've read about. Hope some updates get these things taken care of. Soon.

Heretikos, Aug 17, 2015
  6. Heretikos Win User
    So the issue stopped, either magically on it's own or through a windows update. I don't know... Mark this as resolved?

Heretikos, Aug 20, 2015
  7. Heretikos Win User
    OK. so the issue didn't stop. CCleaner automatically ticks NVIDIA Install files (the location is C:\NVIDIA)... Although it appears the folder and it's files are still there, it was deleting something in there or doing something, because ever since I unticked it, I don't have this problem.

Heretikos, Sep 9, 2015
  8. Heretikos Win User

God d(*& it, this issue is not solved. I constantly get a driver error on win 10 no matter what I do. This SUCKS. About to go back to 8.1. It was just fine

Heretikos, Sep 30, 2015
  9. UKMedia Win User
    UKMedia, Sep 30, 2015
  10. Heretikos Win User
    Nah bro... Last beta driver is from April. I have the latest and all the windows ten drivers. It always happens. Can't believe I'm the only one. Maybe my theme patcher?

Heretikos, Sep 30, 2015
  11. UKMedia Win User
    My screen is showing

355.98 September 22, 2015

UKMedia, Sep 30, 2015
  12. Heretikos Win User
    Well that's not a beta driver and I know how to download updated drivers. But thanks for taking the time on this old thread of mine.

Heretikos, Sep 30, 2015
  13. venla Win User

NVIDIA's Windows driver version 356.04 (released 09-22-15) provides beta support for GameWorks VR.
    It is recommended that all VR developers upgrade to this driver!
    Fixes (over 355.84):

Updated driver support for GameWorks VR SDK, adding notebook support, VR SLI enhancements, and bug fixes.
    Known installation issue:

Conflict between the display driver and the Oculus 0.7 runtime sometimes causes a BSOD at installation of the 356.04 driver. It is recommended that you stop the Oculus runtime service, install the GeForce driver and then start Oculus service.
    Driver Downloads

these are latest

venla, Sep 30, 2015
  14. Heretikos Win User
    Dude... That driver isn't going to do anything. If anyone else wants to trouble shoot anyhing besides me trying different drivers, hit me up. I have all the drivers you can use. This happens with them all.

Heretikos, Sep 30, 2015
  15. UKMedia Win User
    So I use the GTX970 and don't have any issues, does dxdiag show up anything?

UKMedia, Sep 30, 2015
Thema:

1. Geforce GTX 970M keeps giving me driver error 43 - Similar Threads - Geforce GTX 970M

2. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Code 43

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Code 43: I was working and all of a sudden the resolution on my computer went down. Looking at the device manager I found my graphics card with the code 43. I've updated the driversthe one below is the latest one but, nothing gets fixed is there anything that could fix this?...
  3. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Code 43

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Code 43: I was working and all of a sudden the resolution on my computer went down. Looking at the device manager I found my graphics card with the code 43. I've updated the driversthe one below is the latest one but, nothing gets fixed is there anything that could fix this?...
  4. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Code 43

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. invedia drivers error code 43 gtx 670m laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    invedia drivers error code 43 gtx 670m laptop: hi guyswhen i try to update my graphic card driver it reaches a quarter and then the laptop turn offmy card is gtx 670mwhen it turn off blue screen appear with video tdr failureand when i to safe mode is install the driver but when i restart my laptop the thing that happen...
  6. invedia drivers error code 43 gtx 670m laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    invedia drivers error code 43 gtx 670m laptop: hi guyswhen i try to update my graphic card driver it reaches a quarter and then the laptop turn offmy card is gtx 670mwhen it turn off blue screen appear with video tdr failureand when i to safe mode is install the driver but when i restart my laptop the thing that happen...
  7. invedia drivers error code 43 gtx 670m laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Windows stopped nVidia GeForce GTX 960M drivers (code 43) on Dell Inspiron 7566!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows stopped nVidia GeForce GTX 960M drivers (code 43) on Dell Inspiron 7566!: Hi I am running current Windows 10 Pro on a Dell Inspiron 7566, I have reinstalled Windows several times and I simply can't get the driver for the GPU to work! Please download system information and event logs from -->...
  9. MSI Notebook not using GTX 970M Graphics

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    MSI Notebook not using GTX 970M Graphics: Hi. I just realised that my MSI Notebook GE62 2QF Apache Pro is using the integrated intel graphics instead of my Nvidia GTX 970M when going into my advanced display options. I have installed the latest nvidia graphics drivers for my chip and tried to disable the integrated...
  10. Geforce 970m "Has a problem"

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Geforce 970m "Has a problem": When I upgrade to Win10 from 8.1,I get a message that says my Geforce970m graphics card "has a problem and Win10 has stopped it. the screen res. cant be adjusted but everything else appears to work fine. Any help will be appreciated. 25311

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nvidia 970m windows 10 driver error