Windows 10: Gen 1 Surface Laptop stuck in boot loop. Possibly power issue.

Discus and support Gen 1 Surface Laptop stuck in boot loop. Possibly power issue. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My brother plugged my laptop into an aftermarket charger that he got off of amazon and it stopped booting. When I hit the power key, the windows logo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tjaard, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Tjaard Win User

Gen 1 Surface Laptop stuck in boot loop. Possibly power issue.

My brother plugged my laptop into an aftermarket charger that he got off of amazon and it stopped booting. When I hit the power key, the windows logo lights up for a few seconds, then the display switches off, then the logo comes back on. It does this for about 20sec until it tires itself out. Doesn't matter if it is plugged in or not. I've tried a lot of ways of getting to a boot menu, but none work.

My hypothesis is that the power supply is cutting out after a few seconds of attempted booting. Is there anyway that software such as a boot drive could help this? If not, is there anyway I could open the laptop up and attack the problem myself? If not, then I guess I would take to a repair person, but it feels foolish since I just want the data off of the hard drive.

Thanks in advance for all advice.

:)

Tjaard, Oct 28, 2020

2. Stuck in Reboot loop after power cut

Hi,

We understand your concern and appreciate the time and effort that you have invested in to fix the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to state which troubleshooting steps have you performed bedsides the mentioned to fix the issue.

As per the description, I suspect that you might be stuck in a reboot loop. I suggest that you perform Power Drain and check if it helps

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 28, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Gen 1 Surface Laptop stuck in boot loop. Possibly power issue. :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Oct 28, 2020
  4. Gen 1 Surface Laptop stuck in boot loop. Possibly power issue.

Surface Pro Stuck in a boot loop

Hello all. Having some big issues with a Surface Pro. Yesterday, I did a check in Windows Updates and it found two firmware updates for this Surface. The updates were from January of this year. So I chose to download and install them. Not thinking, Bitlocker is on. Firmware updates on Surfaces with Bitlocker never mixes.

I am now getting a boot loop that only shows a windows logo and a small circle that slowly fills blue, almost fills but never does, and then reboots and repeats.

I have tried holding the power button for 30 seconds, the two button shutdown, inserting a Windows 10 USB, nothing. I'm out of ideas at this point.

Anyone have anything else? I need to get this machine back up and running ASAP if at all possible.

satindemon4u, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

Gen 1 Surface Laptop stuck in boot loop. Possibly power issue.

1. Gen 1 Surface Laptop stuck in boot loop. Possibly power issue. - Similar Threads - Gen Surface Laptop

2. Laptop stuck in a boot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop stuck in a boot loop: I opened my laptop after a month and it isn't booting as normal. It is stuck in a boot loop.It only shows my laptop's brand logo and no other hardware works. Please help. How can i recover?...
  3. Laptop stuck in a boot loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop stuck in a boot loop: I opened my laptop after a month and it isn't booting as normal. It is stuck in a boot loop.It only shows my laptop's brand logo and no other hardware works. Please help. How can i recover?...
  4. Laptop stuck in a boot loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to fix surface laptop gen 1 boot loop ?. And driver error after the update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to fix surface laptop gen 1 boot loop ?. And driver error after the update.: When I hit the power key, the windows logo lights up for a few seconds, then the display switches off, then the logo comes back on. It does this for about 20sec until it tires itself out. Doesn't matter if it is plugged in or not. I've tried a lot of ways of getting to a boot...
  6. Laptop stuck in a boot loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop stuck in a boot loop: So I turned off my laptop one night normally and thought nothing of it, until in the morning when it booted up and showed the Windows logo with the "Fixing C: Stage 1 14% n of n 7% ETA 0:02:11" prompt on the bottom, I let it run for around and hour until it reached 20%, but I...
  7. My surface laptop is stuck in boot loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My surface laptop is stuck in boot loop: My surface laptop is stuck in bootloop I followed several previous threads where it said to download on usb drive a reset. I have a 32 gb drive that is FAT32 as required but when I download the file and then try to move to usb drive it says the file is too big, which does not...
  8. Keyboard and touchpad not working on Surface Laptop gen 1

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard and touchpad not working on Surface Laptop gen 1: Hello, I can only use the machine with an external mouse and keyboard. It used to be the case that when I unplugged the external mouse and keyboard, I could get the device's mouse and keyboard to work after several restarts, but now they stopped working completely. The...
  9. Surface Pro (5th Gen) stuck on Surface logo at boot

Surface Pro (5th Gen) stuck on Surface logo at boot: Hi All, My Surface Pro is stuck at the Surface logo when booting. This happened after the latest Windows update and appears to be a driver issue. After about 15 - 20 seconds it reboots back to the logo and repeats until the battery dies. I've tried recovery with the...
  10. Laptop stuck in boot loop

Laptop stuck in boot loop: I tried to recover my laptop (Asus E402M) and at some point an error occurred and left my laptop in a loop. I have tried getting into advanced recovery but have had no luck. I have tried using a recovery drive but it still doesnt attempt to boot. Please help....