Windows 10: general failure

Discus and support general failure in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; why is there a small cross coming up from the attach-detach icon as a general failure when the problems its troubleshooting has no effect for fixing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sylviavanaltvorst, Sep 30, 2018.

1. general failure

why is there a small cross coming up from the attach-detach icon as a general failure when the problems its troubleshooting has no effect for fixing the general failure.

:)

sylviavanaltvorst, Sep 30, 2018
  2. swarfega Win User

SSD Failure

Last year I replaced an aging hard drive in my Mum's pc with a slightly less aging OCZ Vertex 2 SSD.

This morning she was using the pc just fine then left it until this evening when it suddenly would not boot and reported sata drive failure.

Perhaps I shouldn't be too disappointed considering it was last generation technology.

What should be my first steps in diagnosing this fault? If the drive has failed I may as well suggest it be replaced with a more modern one which I'm sure has better longevity. I have an external drive reader which can take any sata device. This should allow me to see if the data is accessible.

In my own rig I have a Samsung 840 EVO 250 which has served me well so I may suggest she gets the same unless you guys have alternative suggestions.

swarfega, Sep 30, 2018
  3. Marby Rey Win User
    Windows Generic Bluetooth Adapter

Hi,

It seems that the issue occurs after the Windows Update, we suggest that you download and run the

Windows Update Troubleshooter

If the issue persists, you can follow these steps to reinstall the Windows Generic Bluetooth Adapter.

• Go to Device Manager.
    • Look for the Windows Generic Bluetooth Adapter.
    • Right click, then select Uninstall.
    • Click

general failure 4a7ee5b0-f801-4739-92e1-a4bb63816106.png
      to scan for hardware changes.

Let us know the outcome.

Marby Rey, Sep 30, 2018
  4. general failure

Windows 10 reset failures. Computer won't boot now and getting frustrated.

Hi Alfred,

To help you with your concern regarding the reset failure, let me suggest you to do a startup repair. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key
    • Hold Shift key then click Restart
    • You'll be prompted to the Advance Startup Options
    • Select Troubleshoot
    • Advanced options
    • Startup repair

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Sep 30, 2018
Thema:

general failure

1. general failure - Similar Threads - general failure

2. How to fix general failure issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix general failure issue: Hello I have recently changed , completely new one, and I'm getting this General failure ping I have changed windows , Changed the internet cable , made sure every Driver is updated , restarted DNS and used different DNS , Used VPNs and also restarted router a couple of times...
  3. How to fix general failure issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix general failure issue: Hello I have recently changed , completely new one, and I'm getting this General failure ping I have changed windows , Changed the internet cable , made sure every Driver is updated , restarted DNS and used different DNS , Used VPNs and also restarted router a couple of times...
  4. How to fix general failure issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. When I am trying to ping my gateway it is showing general failure but if I am trying to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I am trying to ping my gateway it is showing general failure but if I am trying to...: When I am trying to ping my gateway it is showing general failure but if I am trying to ping with my own ip it is pinging in window server 2012 how to resolve...
  6. When I am trying to ping my gateway it is showing general failure but if I am trying to...

When I am trying to ping my gateway it is showing general failure but if I am trying to...: When I am trying to ping my gateway it is showing general failure but if I am trying to ping with my own ip it is pinging in window server 2012 how to resolve...
  7. Unable to connect IP driver. General failure what do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect IP driver. General failure what do I do?: It all started when I got a blue screen, entered safe mode to trouble shoot fixed it and now I have a missing Wi-Fi problem went to YouTube to find out and now I’m stuck....
  8. Unable to connect IP driver. General failure what do I do?

Unable to connect IP driver. General failure what do I do?: It all started when I got a blue screen, entered safe mode to trouble shoot fixed it and now I have a missing Wi-Fi problem went to YouTube to find out and now I’m stuck....
  9. Unable to connect IP driver. General failure what do I do?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. General-Failure while Pinging to Default Getaway - Internet works on machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    General-Failure while Pinging to Default Getaway - Internet works on machine: So I am encountering a strange problem in my laptop - windows 11.The problem I have general-failure while pinging to other machines on my network.I am connected to the network with WIFI.I have ping to external Ip like 1.1.1.1, But general Failure when pinging 192.168.0.1...