Windows 10: General fix for random reboots and system issues where power is the reason.

Discus and support General fix for random reboots and system issues where power is the reason. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; * Moved from Community Participation CenterHi people. I have helped a growing numbers of users with issues like random reboots, black screen after X... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jonas The Swedish Goth, Jul 8, 2019.

1. General fix for random reboots and system issues where power is the reason.

* Moved from Community Participation CenterHi people.

I have helped a growing numbers of users with issues like random reboots, black screen after X min or hardware just stops working.

Win 10 powersettings are default set to save power. This sounds good, and was a good thing 10 years ago. But not any more.

Even when your PC runs on full power, it doesnt use more power then your TV.

You dont really "save" much on saving power. ONLY your monitor gets effected if it gets turned off 12 hours a day, instead of being on.

(If you are not home for example)

Win 10 Powersettings

The powersetting can be a wierd reason for random shutdowns. But it happens to quite alot.

Is your computer always connected to a power outlet?

If yes, then I suggest you change your power profile to "Max performance".

- And check additional power settings for anything that can decrease power in any way.

Changing power settings to High and "never sleep" CAN fix a lot of odd issues, but isnt the solution for every problem.

You dont hurt the computer by having max performance settings and never let the PC lower power to anything.

A PC doesnt use much power, even if its on max. Your stove and Fridge consume far more then your pc, for example.

The PSU (Powersupply) in ANY system, is the bodyguard of powering your system. The PSU dont take order from anything! It gives power as needed, and has built in security like Automatic shutdown if there is a powersurge, system overheats or other instable powerissues.

A few screenshots as a guide : Open Settings, and choose system. Then change your settings to this:

General fix for random reboots and system issues where power is the reason. 336a846f-e804-45a1-8266-913c6503bcb0?upload=true.png

- Then click on "Additional Power Settings", and choose High Performance.

General fix for random reboots and system issues where power is the reason. d932a620-d211-4448-be78-611e8ae24beb?upload=true.jpg

- Click on "Change plan settings" to the right of High Performance and change "Turn off display" and "Put computer to sleep", to NEVER, on both.

General fix for random reboots and system issues where power is the reason. 05f05d30-168a-4354-9b51-2acb2dbf63a6?upload=true.jpg

- Next, click on "Advanced power settings", and change these:

General fix for random reboots and system issues where power is the reason. 16814867-5247-43b3-b865-dac313ef98f9?upload=true.jpg

Make sure "sleep" and "Hibernate" are put to "NEVER".
    - Scroll down and check these options:

General fix for random reboots and system issues where power is the reason. 1b990cba-6a6d-4d34-99f7-265c95579e9c?upload=true.jpg

- And last, check this:

General fix for random reboots and system issues where power is the reason. 09cd2318-ff4c-47e6-8704-cc7f08281016?upload=true.jpg

I cant garatee that this will fix all power-related problems. But these settings has fixed mine, and many others random shutdown over the years.

- The settings will also block other apps who wants to shut your system down, without asking you.

Making these changes is 100% harmless and you will not use much more power then "saving mode".

Save power, is only really needed if you have a laptop without access to a power cable.

Restore powerplan
    You can easily restore default power settings, by pressing "Restore Plan Defaults". Then choose a plan.

Comments, suggestions and feedback if you tried max power, are very welcome!

Jonas, The Swedish Goth

Windows "Poweruser"

(I am a normal user like everyone else. I dont work for Microsoft. I have just been using Windows administration for 30 years)

:)

Jonas The Swedish Goth, Jul 8, 2019

2. Stuck in Reboot loop after power cut

Hi,

We understand your concern and appreciate the time and effort that you have invested in to fix the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to state which troubleshooting steps have you performed bedsides the mentioned to fix the issue.

As per the description, I suspect that you might be stuck in a reboot loop. I suggest that you perform Power Drain and check if it helps

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 8, 2019
  3. Event 41, Kernel Power Issue - Random System Reboots while Gaming - Please Advise

Hi Sourabh,

System performance issues may occur due to an outdated system software or drivers. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you install all the critical and important Windows Updates on your PC by following the steps on this

link
    . We also recommend that you update your graphics card driver by following the steps below:

• Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
    • Expand one of the categories to find the name of your display adapter, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select Update Driver. For graphics cards, expand the Display adapters category, right-click your graphics
      card and select Update Driver.
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
    • If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver:

• Open the Device Manager.
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the display adapter.
    • Select Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

If the issue persists, start your computer in normal mode to disable unnecessary apps that run in the background while you are using your computer.

• Press Windows + R on the keyboard.  
    • Type msconfig, and then click OK.  
    • On the General tab, click the Normal Startup, and then click OK.  
    • When you are prompted to restart the computer, click Restart.  

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.  

Loraine Mon, Jul 8, 2019
  4. General fix for random reboots and system issues where power is the reason.

random restarts

Hi Lili,

Hardware failure or system instability can cause the computer to
    randomly restarts. As our initial troubleshooting step, we suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter on your computer and check if it fixes the issue. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems look for
      Power.
    • Then Run the troubleshooter.

Update us with the outcome and if you need further assistance.

Marilou Ser, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

General fix for random reboots and system issues where power is the reason.

1. General fix for random reboots and system issues where power is the reason. - Similar Threads - General fix random

2. system randomly rebooting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system randomly rebooting: My System: OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045 System Manufacturer ASUS Processor AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor, 3801 Mhz, 12 Cores, 24 Logical Processors BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 2003, 3/10/2021 SMBIOS Version 3.3 Embedded...
  3. system randomly rebooting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system randomly rebooting: My System: OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045 System Manufacturer ASUS Processor AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor, 3801 Mhz, 12 Cores, 24 Logical Processors BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 2003, 3/10/2021 SMBIOS Version 3.3 Embedded...
  4. system randomly rebooting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Random System Reboots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random System Reboots: Usually happens after gaming. I have kept an eye on temps and have adequate cooling so it is definitely not that. The windows reliability history points to it being a hardware fault. Can anyone help with identifying the fault/faulty component?...
  6. Random reboot issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random reboot issues: Ive been having issues with random reboots and not waking after sleep and what not. I've clean reinstalled windows 11 a few different times and still have the same issues. Ive upgraded drivers and not and still the same...
  7. Random reboots, where to post?

in Windows 10 Support
    Random reboots, where to post?: I have an ASUS ROG Strix G15 Advanced Edition and it randomally reboots periodically. I don't know where to start to find why. ASUS - ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition 15.6" FHD Gaming Laptop - AMD Ryzen 9-5900HX - 16GB Memory - Radeon RX 6800M - 512GB SSD Model:G513QY-212.SG15...
  8. PC randomly reboots for no reason

PC randomly reboots for no reason: Hello, my PC randomly reboots for no apparent reason for a few days now. It doesn't freeze, it doesn't say "Rebooting Windows" or whatever, it just goes straight to black and then I see the BIOS message and it starts just like nothing happened. I'm running Windows 10,...
  9. Random Kernel-Power Reboots

Random Kernel-Power Reboots: So, earlier in the week my system that was built in 2017 started crashing at random. It crashed when I was gaming then the next day it crashed while I was at work and the computer wasn't in use and it seems to crash after 14 hours. I then started doing online searches for...
  10. Random power offs & reboots

in Windows 10 Support
    Random power offs & reboots: The PC is a fairly old custom built machine with an Asus P6T motherboard running Win 10/64 Home Build 1703. It has started powering off and rebooting itself at random times. When it does this it reboots 3 times, gets itself to the Recovery partition, and then shows the...