Windows 10: General help needed Micro sd storage

Discus and support General help needed Micro sd storage in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm new to the forums, been lurking a while though. I have a NextBook Flexx10 with Bing that I upgraded to Windows 10 the first day I got it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by g2k, Apr 6, 2016.

1. G2K
    g2k Win User

General help needed Micro sd storage

Hi all, I'm new to the forums, been lurking a while though. I have a NextBook Flexx10 with Bing that I upgraded to Windows 10 the first day I got it. Here's my configuration...

I am using a Sandisk ultra plus micro SD card mapped to a folder on the C: drive, treating the card as a HDD, by way of using the Hitachi driver to flip the "removable storage" bit. Write caching IS enabled, and my user folders have their location routed to this card for media storage purposes. Windows settings app is configured to put all media on the D: drive while new apps are stored on C: drive....

Everything works beautifully...but...

...At random times after a reboot or when first turning on the machine the sd card doesn't show up in windows explorer. After a remove/replace, a quick check of device manager, shows an error for device not migrated.

Google searching hints at using different chipset drivers, but the intel driver update utility only shows graphics drivers, and I'm using the one intel suggests.

I have the sd card reader set to not turn off to save battery in device manager. I also have sleep basically disabled in power settings. I "sleep" by using start>power>sleep.

I have read that my sd card should read/write at about 30 MB/sec but I only get about 1-6 or 7 writing. It is formatted NTFS.

I have the machine setup the way I do because it has proven to offer the "most" number of reboots/sleeps/shutdowns where the sd card is auto-mounted at boot up.

I'm trying to figure out if this is a Windows 10 issue (as some say it has problems resuming from sleep)...
    Or if it's a hardware issue with the sd card / card reader.

I'm not using it for heavy lifting or gaming or anything, I just use it for web browing, Netflix/music, and maybe typing up a resume.

Any thoughts on this or what other steps I should take would be appreciated....I know you get what you pay for, but I really like Win 10, and my little cheapie tablet (outside of this issue).

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

:)

2. dsnooks70 Win User

How to change windows 10 updates download location

Just seeing this now while working on a client's Acer Switch One 10 (32GB drive, with 30GB micro SD card)

You need to format the micro SD card in NTFS (is FAT32 from factory)

Micro SD are mostly used for cameras, so that is how they format them from the factory, but Windows requires NTFS for it's file storage system.

Hope that helps.

dsnooks70, Apr 6, 2016
  3. Anniversary update - not enough space

Hello! I have an Allview Wi8G Windows 10 tablet with 16 GB internal space and 32 GB Micro SD card inserted in the slot. When I try to install the anniversary update, it says that I need to have minimum 16 GB free storage, generally every electronic product
    if it has 16 GB, the real storage will be less (~15,... GB), the OS doesn't use so much storage. So, exist a fix for this?

Best regards,

Krisztián

Krisztian1247, Apr 6, 2016
Thema:

General help needed Micro sd storage

1. General help needed Micro sd storage - Similar Threads - General help needed

2. Need help in clearing the Micro SD Card.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need help in clearing the Micro SD Card.: Hi,So I have a SD Card which is 16 gb...But I don't have a SD card reader and I have entered the SD card in my smartphone and used the USB wire to share all the things,But I have copied all the pics,vids in a different folder.But now I want to delete all the thing in the card...
  3. Is the data storage section physically the same in an SD card & a Micro SD card if it's the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is the data storage section physically the same in an SD card & a Micro SD card if it's the...: I'm thinking that maybe it is and the only difference is how big it is physically and what slot it goes in. I wouldn't think that the chips inside are any different, if that's what they're called....
  4. Configuring Micro SD to add to internal storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Configuring Micro SD to add to internal storage: Hi, I have a surface pro 6, but have the 128 GB model so I am struggling for storage space. Is there a way of configuring a Micro SD card so that it adds to the internal storage of the device so I effectively have more storage? Thanks...
  5. micro sd cards

micro sd cards: so ive recently discovered a problem on my windows 10 machine that it doesnt correctly read large micro sd cards, but does correctly pick up smaller size ones. i also have a laptop that ive check, which correctly disaplys the large mirco sd card tho. itll be nice to know why...
  6. Using Micro sd card for storage

Using Micro sd card for storage: Good day to all. I have this hp laptop with a ssd drive with the operating system, All my documents photos etc are on an external ssd in an enclosure connected with USB cable.I'm quite happy with the setup works okay I'd does what I want it to do. Friend of mine has a similar...
  7. Using Micro sd card for storage

in Windows 10 Support
    Using Micro sd card for storage: Good day to all. I have this hp laptop with a ssd drive with the operating system, All my documents photos etc are on an external ssd in an enclosure connected with USB cable.I'm quite happy with the setup works okay I'd does what I want it to do. Friend of mine has a similar...
  8. micro sd card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    micro sd card: how can you play a video from the micro sd card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_music/micro-sd-card/6b3649a7-4998-4708-889e-17393ae74f39
  9. Micro SD Card Help

Micro SD Card Help: I have a Dell Venue 8 Tablet. A 64 Gb. Micro SD Card is plugged in and exFat formatted. I have around 40 Gig's of data on this card. Right now, I'm having a problem with the Tablet and am trying to transfer all the data to my Desktop. the card is not being read by the...
  10. micro sd formatting help

micro sd formatting help: i have a 16GB micro sd card that used to work with windows 7, but ever since i switched to windows 10 it hasn't been. when i open up "This PC" the device icon shows up with the (:U) extension, it also does not list the storage capacity, when you look in the properties of...