Windows 10: General "Hovering Delay" on all programs, browsers, etc...

Discus and support General "Hovering Delay" on all programs, browsers, etc... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After searching I didnt come nor with a solution nor with enough informations. (some limited scope tutorials are present in TenForum) Issue: when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AlainCh2, Feb 23, 2021.

1. AlainCh2 Win User

General "Hovering Delay" on all programs, browsers, etc...

After searching I didnt come nor with a solution nor with enough informations.
    (some limited scope tutorials are present in TenForum)

Issue: when I hover whatsoever, I get immediate response - Zero delay
    Results: As an easily reproduced example:
    > Go to a Samsung Web product page, if the mouse hover on the topbar... all info will be covered immediately

Consideration: having no delay I get suddenly plenty of hovering windows obscuring the rest on the screen
    ( AND FRUSTRATION PERVADE MY SOUL )

I have this even on my previous system,
    now I'm prettily done with moving to a new system, with a brand new fresh W10 install,
    but no hovering delay in both system is driving me crazy.

Note: some specific programs or App have an internal delay.
    I can set them no problem "ClassicShell" for instance,
    but the big issues are with browsers.
    I use BraveBrowser and Chrome.

:)

AlainCh2, Feb 23, 2021
  2. PTTruro Win User

Mouse hover delay

Just had the April 2018 update forced on me. Mouse hover delay has disappeared. Now windows pop up milliseconds after I hover over them instead of a manageable half a second or so. Makes managing multiple windows a hair-trigger nightmare. How do I get
    my delay back?

PTTruro, Feb 23, 2021
  3. cjkelly83 Win User
    WIndows 10 Hover select delay

Hi thanks for this. the option is listed here in the old stye control panel but it is not listed in the same place in the modern style settings windows.

Now for the next part of my question, can the delay be changed for the switch between windows? I like hover select and want to keep it but the setting in control panel only lets me turn it on or off.

Is there something in the registry that needs changed? Or is there a simpler solution?

cjkelly83, Feb 23, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Is there a way to eliminate / delay this hovering text in the taskbar?

Hide the safely remove icon - don't show it on the taskbar.

General "Hovering Delay" on all programs, browsers, etc... [​IMG]

General "Hovering Delay" on all programs, browsers, etc... [​IMG]

Rt click the icon to get more options.. quite stable, no time issues.

dalchina, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

1. General "Hovering Delay" on all programs, browsers, etc... - Similar Threads - General Hovering Delay

2. Hovering mouse delays in my PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hovering mouse delays in my PC: I have wired mouse on my PC however it is delays and sometimes it will not move. I check if this mouse works in my laptop and it works fine. I tried to use different USB port on the PC but the problem continues. Unfortunately, I dont have different mouse that I can try, this...
  3. Hovering mouse delays in my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hovering mouse delays in my PC: I have wired mouse on my PC however it is delays and sometimes it will not move. I check if this mouse works in my laptop and it works fine. I tried to use different USB port on the PC but the problem continues. Unfortunately, I dont have different mouse that I can try, this...
  4. Hovering mouse delays in my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Delay Before Load of all NON-MS Programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delay Before Load of all NON-MS Programs: I've been experiencing an issue where programs appear to go through a 25 second delay before launching.Interestingly though, none of the Microsoft programs seemed to be affected. I have the full Office365 suite.So after scanning repeatedly with MalwareBytes nothing found and...
  6. Delay Before Load of all NON-MS Programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delay Before Load of all NON-MS Programs: I've been experiencing an issue where programs appear to go through a 25 second delay before launching.Interestingly though, none of the Microsoft programs seemed to be affected. I have the full Office365 suite.So after scanning repeatedly with MalwareBytes nothing found and...
  7. Delay Before Load of all NON-MS Programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Browsers delayed launch

in Browsers and Email
    Browsers delayed launch: Hello everyone. I have a small (but irritating) problem that I need help with. Recently (can't exactly remember when) Firefox and Chrome started taking too long to launch. After launch there is no slowdown or choppiness, they both run fine. The time to launch for each browser...
  9. Is there a way to eliminate / delay this hovering text in the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a way to eliminate / delay this hovering text in the taskbar?: This hovering text is very annoying: [img] I understand the hovering text describes what your mouse pointer is actually hovering over; but if the pointer is locked into the hovering text field by the slightest accidental movement of the mouse, the actual click you make...
  10. Browser Malware Etc

in Browsers and Email
    Browser Malware Etc: A while back I commented on browsers, namely firefox, adding malware to their product. I was told basically that this was impossible if I got it from source, which I always do. I meant to produce some visual evidence but a bad memory let time slip by. Here is a screen...