Windows 10: General mail failure, quit excel and restart the mail system..

Discus and support General mail failure, quit excel and restart the mail system.. in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; So i've been troubleshooting this for a long while now, but we use office 2007 in windows 10.. i say we since i work for a company that would have to... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by damianio, May 9, 2019.

1. damianio Win User

General mail failure, quit excel and restart the mail system..

So i've been troubleshooting this for a long while now, but we use office 2007 in windows 10.. i say we since i work for a company that would have to put a lot of money and time into upgrading office so that's not an option. but we get this in a fresh install of excel (diagnostic tool doesn't find anything either) on any windows 10 pc within our network. so.. i've already figured out part of the problem; when using the administrator account from win10 i get the same error BUT when i install and configure outlook to connect to our mailserver etc. the error disappears and it is able to use some kind of redirect from outlook into our own mail client called groupwise.
    General mail failure, quit excel and restart the mail system.. [​IMG]

so a quick sum up: excel sendmail works in admin account when "properly" configured and is able to use mailto protocol from groupwise to send/receive mails and access contacts etc. But gives an error on regular user accounts
    General mail failure, quit excel and restart the mail system.. [​IMG]

Now i've tried literally any tutorial i could find through google for fixing this error, but it seems like it's a permission error that somehow only exists on our computers? I haven't found anyone with the same error msg on the internet that also states it's functional on an admin account."" like me. so if anyone knows how to further debug the application and help me; or know what files/folders might need their permissions changed plz help *cry i'd greatly appreciate it *Wink

:)

damianio, May 9, 2019
  2. Jayzilla Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, May 9, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. General mail failure, quit excel and restart the mail system.. :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, May 9, 2019
  4. EricGetsy Win User

microsoft excel email

states that there is no email associated to perform the requested action. says to create an association in default programs control panel. I press ok it says general mail failure restart mail and quit excel and try again it is a never ending cycle and
    I cant email clients bids it is frustrating, please help

EricGetsy, May 9, 2019
Thema:

1. General mail failure, quit excel and restart the mail system.. - Similar Threads - General mail failure

2. Mail app failure.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app failure.: Mail works fine on this laptop which is a few years old. My wife has a brand new laptop running W10 which just refuses to accept the Mail setup. All that shows is a "blank" page saying "No new mail" and nothing else - dead as a dodo. The accounts do show in the set up box...
  3. Latest Mail and Calendar apps suddenly quit, even after app reset and system restarts

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Latest Mail and Calendar apps suddenly quit, even after app reset and system restarts: Windows 10 Mail Version 16005.13426.20368.0 After recent updates about a week ago, both Mail and Calendar will open but then suddenly quit. I've tried resetting the account setup and running the troubleshooter along with system restarts. I could reestablish three email...
  4. My e-mails have quit arriving

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My e-mails have quit arriving: First i'm not very computer savy. But i have wildblue/excede internet service. My emails usually come in i check them and go on my way. I have windows 10 and have for while now. Yesterday my microsoft updated and thats when i noticed emails quit comming. I have checked...
  5. Mail quit working

Mail quit working: MS mail on windows 10 quit working the first of April,, any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-quit-working/99a1ad2d-2a5c-497e-a946-ad245a8dfe6f
  6. EXCEL E-MAIL

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    EXCEL E-MAIL: when attaching a excel document, it comes up with words, lines,and numbers which no one understands, the second window opens in compatible mode which is the correct format, how do i get it to open up in compatible mode only...
  7. mail delivery subsystem failure

mail delivery subsystem failure: There was a problem delivering your message to *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. See the technical details below, or try resending in a few minutes. remote server 554 TRANSACTION FAILURE. HOW TO FIX?...
  8. Windows Live Mail failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Live Mail failure: Since Late 20 May I am unable to use Windows Live Mail with Windows 10. Am completely at a loss asl to what I should do. Am NOT techninally minded and well into my eighties so H E L P. Only part screen available with little orionly fragmented print visible. Have been...
  9. Outlook Mail account failure

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Mail account failure: I cannot use Outlook Mail on my PC which now says my account details are out of date. I cannot fix it, as when I try all I get is an error 0x80090016. Other email accounts used via Outlook Mail are OK, and it is OK online when used as webmail. My account details are all...
  10. microsoft mail g-mail account quit downloading.

microsoft mail g-mail account quit downloading.: How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-mail-g-mail-account-quit-downloading/a0ce658f-f2cb-4de4-af6a-0b656b5d4280