Windows 10: General question - Malware or virus threat

Discus and support General question - Malware or virus threat in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, On turning-on my computer, first thing is updating antivirus (AVG), scan computer, and if I download anything, first is to scan it with the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Motim, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Motim Win User

General question - Malware or virus threat

Hello,
    On turning-on my computer, first thing is updating antivirus (AVG), scan computer, and if I download anything, first is to scan it with the antivirus.
    Recently I attached an external usb disk (new, clean and empty) and to free some disk space moved many files to the external disk, most of the files are program installation files which are installed on the computer.
    Then I ran a scan on the external disk, and the scan found some threat and cleaned it.
    My question is (just for knowledge), how is it possible same file on the computer scanned clean and on the external disk found some threat ?
    Answers will be appreciated.
    Thanks

:)

Motim, Mar 26, 2017
  2. xcess888 Win User

windows malicious software removal tool

The windows malicious software removal tool will scan and detect malware but at the end of the scan no results are shown, no threats detected..clearly there is malware..uninstalled...reinstalled windows malicious software tool..ran this tool a couple weeks
    ago detected malware showed the results..worked fine! HELP!

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category (from
    Virus and Malware | Windows Defender | Scanning, Detecting, and Removing threats Windows 10
    to Virus and Malware | Other | Scanning, Detecting, and Removing threats Windows 10).***

xcess888, Mar 26, 2017
  3. Windows Defender is calling some of my Trainers "Backdoor MSIL/Bladebindilrfn" ! They are NOT Threats to my system!

Ever since I installed Win 10, Many of my Trainers for my games either immediately stop or generate False threats as some type of Malware. Even if I put them on exclusion lists, Folders and files, they are falsely identified as malware!

Windows 10 is Killing my gaming experience!

The only recommendation from the Trainer site is to turn off all virus and anti Malware programs.

This is absolutely unacceptable!

GILLEVESQUE, Mar 26, 2017
  4. General question - Malware or virus threat

Hi Motim.

From my experience not all AV scanners scan every single file on a computer unless you so direct. Especially if you use two or more drives.

You can imagine how long a full, every file every where, scan would take on each boot. As such the different vendors scan the high risk areas. Some products even allow you to set which files can be ignored.

I would open AVG and see where it normally scans. You also likely have a "Custom" scan. Open it and you likely can likely set it for everywhere, every file.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 27, 2017
Thema:

General question - Malware or virus threat

1. General question - Malware or virus threat - Similar Threads - General question Malware

2. Questions about Malware/Virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Questions about Malware/Virus: Hi, Windows defender keeps finding DefenderTamperingRestore and it keeps coming back and i dont know what to do, what other antivirus should i use other than windows defender. And i want some information on segurazo antivirus and how to remove it[Original Title:...
  3. general question

in Windows 10 Support
    general question: ProcessorIntel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.20 GHz Installed RAM8.00 GB (7.89 GB usable) Device ID2A19870F-A938-4F6A-A546-98CBA23F63BA Product ID00330-80000-00000-AA420 System type64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touchNo pen or touch input is...
  4. Malware Ransom Threat

Malware Ransom Threat: I received a ransom request a few months ago via email. I ignored and deleted it expecting it was not real. I received the following threat this morning......I removed the password for security reasons, but the hacker knew my password. I have since installed Kaspersky Total...
  5. General Question

in Windows 10 Support
    General Question: I just had a general question about a setup that I have done. I built my PC and I have an M.2SSD which the os and programs are installed on. From there, I have two SSD drives which I put all the recent jobs that Im working on. From there, I have a dedicated scratch SSD that...
  6. General question

in Windows 10 Support
    General question: I'm trying to help a friend. Ever since he installed the newest Windows 10 updates all of his non-window icons have disappeared. The exe file for his antivirus is not visible (although it says it's properly installed). Something as simply as a yahoo mail app can't be found....
  7. General question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    General question: I realize this doesn't pertain directly to Microsoft. I just trying to seek an answer. This morning I opened my computer and I haven't opened a browser. This popup was on my screen. It reads: Security Alert. Revocation information for the security certificate for this site is...
  8. Malware threats

Malware threats: I have just received two emails threatening me with the elimination of all of my data if I do not provide 900 Euros in bit coin. How can I verify that this is a legitimate threat and how did it pass through Defender' protection, if valid?...
  9. General Question

in Windows 10 Support
    General Question: Guys, I know this is not really about Windows10. However I trust your opinion in matters of tech! So, what I want to know is about my Phone. It has an internal only battery, so I can't remove it. Does this mean that it can always be Tracked?? (Like in he movies).*Sad 82232
  10. Does corruption of OS is always/generally caused by Virus/Malware?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does corruption of OS is always/generally caused by Virus/Malware?: I always have a folder named 'Temp' at my desktop to keep files temporarily, which later I organise and shift at permanent places. Since yesterday, I have noticed that its get deleted(like vanished!) automatically without my knowledge. It once got deleted, and I tried to...