Windows 10: General Question - Non PNP monitor install under Win 10

Discus and support General Question - Non PNP monitor install under Win 10 in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi - I am attempting to install a raw, flat panel( 1024x600) display that does not support EDID on a Windows 10 system. The interface in not DVI/HDMI... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by rfdes, Jan 17, 2020.

1. rfdes Win User

General Question - Non PNP monitor install under Win 10

Hi -
    I am attempting to install a raw, flat panel( 1024x600) display that does not support EDID on a Windows 10 system. The interface in not DVI/HDMI but a raw LVDS interface. I have an INF file to support the install but it is not digitally signed thus Win 10 will not allow me to use it. How do I install this non PNP device under Windows 10?

Thanks
    Jim

:)

rfdes, Jan 17, 2020
  2. SamuelLV Win User

'Generic PnP monitor' issue

Hello Angelica,

I would suggest you follow steps to update the monitor driver:

Press Windows + X keys

Choose Device manager

Click on Monitors

Right click on ‘Generic PnP monitor’ and click on update driver

Tap on Browse my computer for driver software

Tap on Let me pick from a list of available drivers

Choose ‘Generic PnP monitor’ and tap on Next

When you are done please restart the computer.

SamuelLV, Jan 17, 2020
  3. Nothing connected yet Generic Non PnP Monitors detected

So recently my computer was formatted and I did a clean installation of Windows 10 as advised step-by-step with a Microsoft support official.

Anyways, recently without anything connected to the laptop at all Device Manager and Display settings show that there are another 4 or 5 screens regarded as Generic Non PnP monitors.

After uninstalling each Monitor from Device Manager and scanning for hardware changes it still detects 4 or 5 Generic Non PnP monitors.

How can I stop this?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / PC Projection & Continuum / PC

KishanNarotam, Jan 17, 2020
  4. kevinyu1 Win User

Generic non PnP monitor

Hello! The other day I accidentally pulled out my BenQ 2400WD monitor's power supply cable, then replugged it in. My computer now detects my monitor as "Generic Non PnP Monitor" instead of BenQ, please help!

kevinyu1, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

1. General Question - Non PNP monitor install under Win 10 - Similar Threads - General Question Non

2. Flicker ghost monitor driver "generic non-pnp monitor"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flicker ghost monitor driver "generic non-pnp monitor": Anyone know how to remove this flicker driver "generic non-pnp monitor"?it is a ghost driver monitor. Its keeping uninstall then reinstall again over and over that make screen got delay. its happen when i play any heavy games .I have tried DDu and install lastest graphic...
  3. Flicker ghost monitor driver "generic non-pnp monitor"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flicker ghost monitor driver "generic non-pnp monitor": Anyone know how to remove this flicker driver "generic non-pnp monitor"?it is a ghost driver monitor. Its keeping uninstall then reinstall again over and over that make screen got delay. its happen when i play any heavy games .I have tried DDu and install lastest graphic...
  4. Flicker ghost monitor driver "generic non-pnp monitor"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. HP Compaq LA2006x Monitor detected as Generic Non-PnP Monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Compaq LA2006x Monitor detected as Generic Non-PnP Monitor: PC Version - Windows 10 v20H2 OS Build - 19042.804 Hello, I have an monitor that didn't detect normally.[ATTACH] The normal name of the driver is HP LA2006x What will I do?...
  6. Generic Non PNP monitor not working in dual setup

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Generic Non PNP monitor not working in dual setup: Hi all, I've got a odd problem. I have a Dell 3880 Desktop PC (HD 630 graphics, no additional gpu) that has an HDMI and VGA output. I bought two identical LG 1920x1080 minotors that are plug and play (drivers on LG website are non existent). I have one plugged in via...
  7. Win 10 "Recovery Drive" General Questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 "Recovery Drive" General Questions: "A*recovery drive*can help you troubleshoot and fix problems with your PC, even if it won’t start. A recovery drive is a USB version of a*system repair disc*with an option to include the system files to be able to also reset Windows 10 from the recovery drive." Two...
  8. General non specific question on Disk Imaging.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    General non specific question on Disk Imaging.: Years ago when I first started using Acronis (back in Vista days), I always understood that once you restored a disk image from a set of either incrementals or differentials, that if you then attempted to carry on adding new backups to that existing chain that the next...
  9. Generic Non PnP Monitor problem with AMD Eyefinity

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Generic Non PnP Monitor problem with AMD Eyefinity: Hello guys, I have 3 monitors which have same resolution of 1280x1024. 2 of them detected the model and the other one detected with "Generic Non PnP Monitor". If i manage to combine the three monitors, it supposed to be 3840x1024 resolution. But, the generic non PnP monitor...
  10. Installation Problems - General Questions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation Problems - General Questions: As the procedures are similar for 7, 8, and 10 can anyone advise me: I used MKLINK /J c:\users ACCOUNT name d:\users\account name and things appeared to be alright until I re-booted the computer and found that I was put into a "temporary account." I can't get out. Any...