Windows 10: General "Restriction Mode" Needed on Home PC

Discus and support General "Restriction Mode" Needed on Home PC in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; As a parent with a teenager, I really need to be able to set restrictions of what is viewed, listened to, read, or even pops up on the screen. I would... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JERH, Jul 13, 2018.

1. JERH Win User

General "Restriction Mode" Needed on Home PC

As a parent with a teenager, I really need to be able to set restrictions of what is viewed, listened to, read, or even pops up on the screen. I would welcome a general restriction mode where I can select the highest settings acceptable to my family. I don't want to create a "child" or "family" account. I just want my whole computer to not have accessible what we deem objectionable and inappropriate content. Our Apple Devices have this feature and honestly, I'm considering purchasing an Apple Computer. Any advice would be appreciated in the meantime, but just signing into a "child" account is ridiculous when it comes to older "kids." They can outsmart the system and I'd rather the temptation be removed. End of rant.

:)

2. Youtube stuck in restricted mode for ALL browsers on one PC

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

As per the description, you have mentioned you are facing this issue in all the browsers and this could have caused due to any add-ons installed. So in order to identify the issue I suggest you to check the Internet Explorer in no add-ons mode and check
    if the issue persists.

Follow the below command and check if it helps to load the Internet Explorer in no add-ons mode.

• Press Windows + R keys opens the Run Box.
    • Type iexplore.exe –extoff and hit
      Enter.
    • Launch the YouTube in restricted mode and check if the issue persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 13, 2018
  3. Youtube Restricted mode to Browser keeps turning back OFF.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with the Youtube restricted mode. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Have you installed all pending updates on the pc?

• In which browser are you facing this issue?

• Have you logged in to the pc as admin?

• Is the issue specific to Youtube restricted mode?

Reply to us with more information to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jul 13, 2018
  4. Okiepal Win User

Turning off Family Safe Mode in order to change restricted mode on You Tube

You Tube is in restricted mode and I can't change it. I have read to go to fss.live.com and remove myself from the Family site. I can't see how to do this...there are no children listed...I added myself on a different address...and removed it but I can't
    do anything else.

This morning someway, somehow I managed to turn the restricted mode off....but when I used the computer later, it was back on restricted. I am getting so frustrated with this!!! I have watched You Tube videos (on another device because they won't play
    on the computer) and nothing works. I would appreciate any help or suggestions! Thank you!

Okiepal, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

1. General "Restriction Mode" Needed on Home PC - Similar Threads - General Restriction Mode

2. Problems with removing company restrictions on home pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems with removing company restrictions on home pc: Dear all,Yesterday I tried to couple my work MS teams account to my personal account on my home pc. Because this gave administrator rights to my company, I couldn't use my own personal MS teams account anymore. So I removed my work account from my pc, but nothing changed. I...
  3. Restricted mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Restricted mode: I am trying to watch a youtube video but it is telling me that it is set to restricted mode and I cannot find a way to turn it off. Please help me get this off. I tried clicking on my profile picture and that did not work....
  4. Home working - Restrict network access to PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Home working - Restrict network access to PC: Hi I've got a site to site VPN used to connect me with the office which is done via my router. This has a rule set to route traffic to one PC. How do ensure that no one in the office is able to log into my pc or access any shares on my PC ? The VPN is only for me to access...
  5. Youtube Restricted mode

Youtube Restricted mode: I did not turn on my youtube restricted mode and I use youtube signed out. in every browser it is under restricted mode. can someone help me pls its been doing this for so long!!...
  6. Windows 10 PC stuck in restricted mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 PC stuck in restricted mode: I had an old Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop running Vista and did not want to toss in the trash as it was lightly used. So I thought it would be useful for web browsing etc. I purchased a OEM key for Windows 10 Home from Kingquist (after reading an article in Tom's Hardware Guide...
  7. Windows 10 PC stuck in restricted mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 PC stuck in restricted mode: I go to youtube to see a particular match of the Judo World Championships. I type in the search box, "tina trystenjak judo hansakumake" I get a message "Some results have been removed because Restricted Mode is enabled by your network administrator. FILTER " I am the...
  8. Disable restricted mode

Disable restricted mode: Hi, You Tube suddenly put me in restricted mode. I keep trying to disable it without success. Any suggestions? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/disable-restricted-mode/8e0b63e3-f70e-497b-a384-444aca3e6440
  9. Restricted mode

Restricted mode: Hi, My You tube suddenly changed enabled Restricted mode. It happened on the same day that my gmail account updated to a newer version. I am not sure if that is the reason. I can't disable the restricted mode. Can you please help. Thank you...
  10. Restricted Mode?

in Browsers and Email
    Restricted Mode?: I was going to watch a video on spacex.com and it said that I cant watch it in restricted mode. I searched the phrase but windows was zero. ??? 96914

Users found this page by searching for:

1. general restriction of windows